Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#14283 Apr 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know Moses had an interracial marriage?
That was a rhetorical question.
Idiot.
Smile.
<quoted text>
The intention of marriage is stated at the very beginning of the Bible, and affirmed by Jesus.
No where is interracial marriage forbidden.
Smile.
I said the law, not the Bible, forbade inter-racial marriage.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#14284 Apr 25, 2013
Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text>Why not,since you are employing the same logic that NAMBLA and gay pedophiles empoy. You do know that nothing you gays do is outside what NAMBLA told you to do.
Also, omnipotence has nothing to do with freewill. Are you claiming to be omnipotent, because you can look back in time and predict what you did? Boy, you gays are jusr dumb. Get smart.
Ah the favorite bogeyman of gaybashing Nazis, "NAMBLA." There is no such thing. This "group" does not exist.
There's no such thing as a "gay pedophile." A pedophile is sexually attracted to children. A homosexual is attracted to adults of the same sex. And gay people are NOT more likely to molest children than straight people are.
You're just parroting the same old hateful lies that were proven false long ago. At the root of all bigotry are the same two root causes--ignorance and cowardice.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#14285 Apr 25, 2013
Fremont Rose--"Why would wwaste out time suing you. First, a tree is a tree and calling a dog a tree does not make it a tree. When you marry a woman, you being a man, then that is a marriage. You can get legally treed and call your union a tree. Fact is, you are only married in your mental illness state."

Vile, despicable lies. They are married. A gay couple that has married is every bit as married as any other couple.
And contrary to your KKK bullcrap, homosexuality was PROVEN to NOT be a "mental illness" about 40 years ago. Get a clue.

"Of course you know you are going to hell, so that is not up for discussion."

The most blasphemous, insulting of lies. First off, there is no "hell." It is a manmade myth, a sick idea that the "leaders" of the church made up because they wanted a punishment for those who did not follow THEIR rules.

Secondly, even IF this sick myth were true, being gay is NOT a sin, and gay people are NOT "going to hell."

To claim it's "not up for discussion" proves how phony and ignorant of Christianity you are. You believe what you WANT to be true, and ignore the massive majority of the Christian faith who disagree with your hateful un-Christian bunk.

"God does not call it a marriage,how could he,"

God DOES call it a marriage, because that's what it is. God blesses these unions and these families and these marriages just as much as ANY other.

"neither does your state."

Because of the bigotry of human beings, going AGAINST Christian principles AND the most basic principles of this nation's founding.

"By the way, let Rose TH know that you left California along with about 6,000 other fake same sex mirages."

More KKK crapola. Those marriages weren't fake in any way whatsoever. Those couples are as married as any other married couple.

"By the way, we have assigned it a name it is called "same sex mirages". They are just as real as a mirage."

By "we" you mean bigoted hate groups. What is truly a mirage is your claim to be a follower of Jesus Christ.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#14286 Apr 25, 2013
Prophet of Jesus Christ wrote:
that being a Jew automatically made them Holy and sin forgiven and a child of God.
Can you say "clueless?" You are.

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#14287 Apr 25, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
You already proved it with your endless drivel calling others illiterate. Yep. That's a worthless opinion.

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#14288 Apr 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
dumbbill worships the god of the gapes.[sic]
<quoted text>
Sour gapes indeed!!!!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14289 Apr 25, 2013
OkieDarren wrote:
Fremont Rose--"Why would wwaste out time suing you. First, a tree is a tree and calling a dog a tree does not make it a tree. When you marry a woman, you being a man, then that is a marriage. You can get legally treed and call your union a tree. Fact is, you are only married in your mental illness state."
Vile, despicable lies. They are married. A gay couple that has married is every bit as married as any other couple.
And contrary to your KKK bullcrap, homosexuality was PROVEN to NOT be a "mental illness" about 40 years ago. Get a clue.
"Of course you know you are going to hell, so that is not up for discussion."
The most blasphemous, insulting of lies. First off, there is no "hell." It is a manmade myth, a sick idea that the "leaders" of the church made up because they wanted a punishment for those who did not follow THEIR rules.
Secondly, even IF this sick myth were true, being gay is NOT a sin, and gay people are NOT "going to hell."
To claim it's "not up for discussion" proves how phony and ignorant of Christianity you are. You believe what you WANT to be true, and ignore the massive majority of the Christian faith who disagree with your hateful un-Christian bunk.
"God does not call it a marriage,how could he,"
God DOES call it a marriage, because that's what it is. God blesses these unions and these families and these marriages just as much as ANY other.
"neither does your state."
Because of the bigotry of human beings, going AGAINST Christian principles AND the most basic principles of this nation's founding.
"By the way, let Rose TH know that you left California along with about 6,000 other fake same sex mirages."
More KKK crapola. Those marriages weren't fake in any way whatsoever. Those couples are as married as any other married couple.
"By the way, we have assigned it a name it is called "same sex mirages". They are just as real as a mirage."
By "we" you mean bigoted hate groups. What is truly a mirage is your claim to be a follower of Jesus Christ.
Here is how Jesus described marriage;

Matthew 19:4-6 (NASB)
And He answered and said, "Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE,
5 and said,'FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH'?
6 "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

When the disciples expressed shock, here is the option Jesus offered;

Matthew 19:11-12 (NASB)
11 But He said to them, "Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given.
12 "For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother's womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept it."

Judeo/Christian morality has always been male/female sex within marriage, or celibacy outside of marriage.

I know, you are going to accuse me of being a lying Nazi.

Smirk.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#14290 Apr 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And He answered and said, "Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE,
5 and said,'FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH'?
6 "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."
11 But He said to them, "Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given.
12 "For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother's womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept it."
Judeo/Christian morality has always been male/female sex within marriage, or celibacy outside of marriage.
Smirk.
Jesus said...... how very exciting ..... yawn

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#14291 Apr 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know Moses had an interracial marriage?
That was a rhetorical question.
Idiot.
Smile.
<quoted text>
The intention of marriage is stated at the very beginning of the Bible, and affirmed by Jesus.
No where is interracial marriage forbidden.
Smile.
Wrong, as usual. Marriage outside the tribe was permitted, but only under certain circumstances, otherwise...

Deuteronomy 7:3 Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

#14292 Apr 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
Yeah, Jesus was wrong about other things, too. After all, there is the fact that the Bible celebrates the marriage of David and Johnathan that shows Jesus was wrong here. Although, to be fair, the vast majority of marriages would have been male/female - Jesus might not have known of any same sex marriages.
Thinking

Blandford Forum, UK

#14293 Apr 26, 2013
Indeed, his gapes are rancid.[sic]
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sour gapes indeed!!!!
Thinking

Atlanta, GA

#14294 Apr 26, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Jesus was wrong about other things, too. After all, there is the fact that the Bible celebrates the marriage of David and Johnathan that shows Jesus was wrong here. Although, to be fair, the vast majority of marriages would have been male/female - Jesus might not have known of any same sex marriages.
Wow your ignorant, the bible no where states David was married to Jonathan. Stop with your disgusting atheist lies and stop trying to lead others astray with this nonsense.
Thinking

Blandford Forum, UK

#14295 Apr 26, 2013
It's "you're", ignorant cuntard.

I know you love me so much that you need to hijack my identity, but you're going to have to go adult literacy classes first before you can climax without ending up on a register with all the other religious child abusers.
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow your ignorant, the bible no where states David was married to Jonathan. Stop with your disgusting atheist lies and stop trying to lead others astray with this nonsense.

#14296 Apr 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, ignorant child...

1 Samuel18:3 Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.
18:4 And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.

1 Samuel 19:2 But Jonathan Saul's son delighted much in David...

1 Samuel 20:3 And David sware moreover, and said, Thy father certainly knoweth that I have found grace in thine eyes...

20:16 So Jonathan made a covenant with the house of David, saying, Let the LORD even require it at the hand of David's enemies.
20:17 And Jonathan caused David to swear again, because he loved him: for he loved him as he loved his own soul.

20:41 And as soon as the lad was gone, David arose out of a place toward the south, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himself three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David exceeded.

<Fun fact: the word translated as "exceeded" was and is used as a slang term for orgasm. David hugged Johnathan until he had an orgasm.>

A traditional Jewish wedding can be entered into in any one of three ways: by an exchange of gifts, by an exchange of vows, or by an exchange of bodily fluids (i.e. having sex). David and Johnathan used all three methods.
Thinking

Atlanta, GA

#14297 Apr 26, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, ignorant child...
1 Samuel18:3 Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.
18:4 And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
1 Samuel 20:3 And David sware moreover, and said, Thy father certainly knoweth that I have found grace in thine eyes...
20:16 So Jonathan made a covenant with the house of David, saying, Let the LORD even require it at the hand of David's enemies.
20:17 And Jonathan caused David to swear again, because he loved him: for he loved him as he loved his own soul.
20:41 And as soon as the lad was gone, David arose out of a place toward the south, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himself three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David exceeded.
<Fun fact: the word translated as "exceeded" was and is used as a slang term for orgasm. David hugged Johnathan until he had an orgasm.>
A traditional Jewish wedding can be entered into in any one of three ways: by an exchange of gifts, by an exchange of vows, or by an exchange of bodily fluids (i.e. having sex). David and Johnathan used all three methods.
Okay, thanks. This will help me greatly with my own homosexual struggles and athiesism
Disciple

United States

#14298 Apr 26, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, ignorant child...
You sick disgusting person, how dare twist and take the bible out of its context to fulfill your homosexual fantasy.

Repent and be baptised with the holy spirit
Thinking

Blandford Forum, UK

#14299 Apr 26, 2013
I assume you're too switched on to fall for my US based stalker? I don't know why they desire me so much.

I always read your considered posts, btw.
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, ignorant child...

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#14300 Apr 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, thanks. This will help me greatly with my own homosexual struggles and athiesism
"Doc", why don't you get psychiatric help, then get a life? Also, learn to spell while you're at it. Being you cannot be pleasant.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14301 Apr 26, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
You sick disgusting person, how dare twist and take the bible out of its context to fulfill your homosexual fantasy.
Repent and be baptised with the holy spirit
He has done none of those things. His grasp of the prevailing cultural norms is quite accurate.

But then, as a gentile, you would not be aware of such things.
Thinking

Atlanta, GA

#14302 Apr 26, 2013
Yeah, you wicked atheist do not like it when people give you a taste of your own wicked disgusting medicine.

You know what the bible says about homosexuals and unbelievers and that they will be thrown in the lake of fire for their unrepentant sins.

Can can hide behind your fake screen names and try to denounce the bible all you want but me and other will use your names at random to the point where you will get sick of making up a new name and will leave the Christians forums alone if you do not have anything spiritually helpful to contribute to a conversation.

Leviticus 18:22
Leviticus 20:13
1 Corinthians :9
Revelations 21:8

Read them, learn from them, and REPENET before its too late. God loves you and wants you to repent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is NE Jade a Top or Bottom? 13 min Roger 8
Will NE Jade Make a Butt Baby Twoday? 14 min Jules 5
Is NE Jade a Neat Gay or a Scumbag? 16 min Jules 20
Study: Gay marriages could help Arkansas economy 1 hr Christian Taliban 1
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,983
U.S. Issues First Response to Gambia's New 'Jai... 1 hr Christian Taliban 7
Evangelicals with gay children challenging church 1 hr nhjeff 24
Pat Robertson's Thanksgiving Warning: Stop Gay ... 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 21
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 2 hr NorCal Native 3,641
Gay brains similar to opposite-sex straight brains 13 hr Belle Sexton 31