Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,103

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#13265 Apr 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
I didn't write any of our English Bibles. How can I be a false witness? They all condemn gays to Hell. How are you qualified to say they are in error? You're not. Satan is your lying father.
Buttercup, your false witness would be that all English Bibles condemn gays to hell, because we both know and more importantly God knows that you are lying your good Christian ass off on that one. There are many Christians who have read the Bible and made an entirely different choice as to how God feels about His lesbian and Gay children than you have. How are you qualified to say they are wrong?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#13266 Apr 11, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie, you keep regurgitating the same deliberately mistranslated verse,
And you keep "regurgitating" that same lie.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#13267 Apr 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe what I read in the Bible. Not what others tell me. I didn't send any money. Did you? Your post is very ignorant.
I wouldn't send any money and I don't believe much of what is written in the Bible either.

Location hidden

#13268 Apr 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
And you keep "regurgitating" that same lie.
That's funny. I could say the same thing about you.

Location hidden

#13269 Apr 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You have given ZERO proof. Telling your same lie over and over doesn't make it true.
"homosexuals" "sodomites"
1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
The Word of Paul. Not very reliable information is it? Tell me. How many different ways has this passage been translated? Do you expect me to believe that your translation means anything?

Location hidden

#13270 Apr 11, 2013
I don't want to inherit God's kingdom because God must die first for me to do so. I like a living God better. God can keep the kingdom and live forever.

Location hidden

#13271 Apr 11, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny. I could say the same thing about you.
If you can prove our MANY English Bibles are erroneous then by all means procede. I wanna know the Truth but you are helping.

Location hidden

#13272 Apr 11, 2013
Helping = NOT helping.

Location hidden

#13273 Apr 11, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
I don't want to inherit God's kingdom because God must die first for me to do so. I like a living God better. God can keep the kingdom and live forever.
He rose from the dead. You deceivingly left that part out.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#13274 Apr 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
He rose from the dead. You deceivingly left that part out.
He awoke from extremis coma, mistakenly believed by the medical primitives of the time to be "death".
Thinking

Bolton, UK

#13275 Apr 12, 2013
So your god is AIDS.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 16:4 (NKJV)
4 The LORD has made all for Himself, Yes, even the wicked for the day of doom.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#13276 Apr 12, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us where in the Constitution it says it makes a lick of difference what the Bible says about ANYTHING.
First Admendment, first line;

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

Smirk.

Location hidden

#13277 Apr 12, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans is nothing but what Paul wrote to the Romans......it has NOTHING to do with Homosexuality......but what does that matter to you? You will believe whatever you want and your religious believes are irrelevant to our Government and our Constitution!!!
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

Did you know that is the first line of the First Admendment?

Smirk.

Location hidden

#13278 Apr 12, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, just so you'll know, Yeshua taught from the Prophets, not the Mosaic/Levitical/Deuteronomic codes.
Really. Where did this reference come from;

Matthew 19:4-6 (NASB)
And He answered and said, "Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE,
5 and said,'FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH'?
6 "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

Location hidden

#13279 Apr 12, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but the editors of the NKJV have deliberately mistranslated that verse from the earliest known copies of it. Paul makes no mention of "homosexuals" or "sodomites", he makes no mention of same sex sex acts nor those who engage in them in that verse. Who the last group actually is on Paul's list is unknown. According to the earliest known copies, the last group Paul calls "arsenokoitai", a combination of the words for man(singular) and bed (also singular). It is not a word that its readers would know as meaning same sex sex or those who engage in them. The Greeks had words for such and were familiar with the idea, but Paul makes absolutely no mention they would recognize. Early Christians actually taught that as a warning to masturbators.
<quoted text>You forgot a line pumpkin, a very, very important one. "7:1 Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman." Paul taught that marriage was better than burning in hell for fornication, but was less desirable than celibacy. Hardly the best endorsement.
1 Corinthians 6:9 (NASB)
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

Across historic Judaism and Christianity, the understanding has been that males are to embrace masculinity, and females are to embrace femininity. That ss sex is prohibited. The overt implications of every passage dealing with these issues indicate those conclusions.

You are asserting that every one of those passages really meant the opposite. We call that a psychotic conspiracy theory...

Smile.

Location hidden

#13280 Apr 12, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Buttercup, your false witness would be that all English Bibles condemn gays to hell, because we both know and more importantly God knows that you are lying your good Christian ass off on that one. There are many Christians who have read the Bible and made an entirely different choice as to how God feels about His lesbian and Gay children than you have. How are you qualified to say they are wrong?
Tricky dicky ricky, you conspiracy theory encompasses hundreds of language scholars across hundreds of years. Only those supporting the violent inherent harm of anal sex support your theory. Wonder why that is...

Snicker.

Location hidden

#13281 Apr 12, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
He awoke from extremis coma, mistakenly believed by the medical primitives of the time to be "death".
Quite a speedy recovery from all He endured, don't you thin...

Never mind.

Smirk.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#13282 Apr 12, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Your God claims he gives us free will but then needs to bribe people into worshiping him?
Glad I don't worship your God.
Free will.....

If the only goal of God was to create mankind without choice, he would have bypassed both the Garden of Eden and the Garden of Gethsemane.

God could have simply made robotic puppets that were programmed to sing his praises.

Men die and go to hell because of their intellectual rejection of Godís witness to them.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#13283 Apr 12, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>You believe a "Bible Scholar" that makes plays on the words in the Bible's original text?
I thought that was a sin in your world.
Torah refers to the Five Books of Moses: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.

What does the Book of Leviticus condemn???

The Bible's condemnation of homosexuality is as clear and plain as the Bible's condemnation of murder, adultery, premarital sex, kidnapping, lying and idolatry.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#13284 Apr 12, 2013
DNF wrote:
when Kimare and truth show up, threads are dead.
Blessing all.
And why do you think that is???

Maybe we are trying to tell ya'll something on which you REJECT....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New York City mayor marches in gay pre-St. Patr... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 10
Texas lawmaker married five times files error-f... 1 hr sparkle 9
Why this obsession with what gay people do in b... (Jan '13) 1 hr Sherlayne 158
Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 1 hr NorCal Native 1,112
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 15,670
California GOP recognizes gay faction of party 1 hr Belle Sexton 9
I'm gay. And I want my kid to be gay, too 2 hr Belle Sexton 140
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 hr Belle Sexton 57,921
Is Jeb Bush 'evolving' on same-sex marriage and... 2 hr Rick Perry s Closet 151
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,231
More from around the web