Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12092 Apr 1, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you insult Jesus by celebrating the pagan Easter holiday today?
The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ is so important that we celebrate it every Lord's Day.....

Now, do you have any idea why???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12093 Apr 1, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Heresy.
Well, it is like this....

You are either 'outside of Christ' still in your sins (unforgiven)...

Or,

you are 'in Christ' having the forgiveness of your sins....Cloth you in Christ!
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#12094 Apr 1, 2013
Hardie-Har-Har wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Q, Prophet of the Dead One,
Let's see,... hmm???...
OKe, "EVIL" being synonymous with "FUN", then,
I would want "FUN" to come upon me every time that I disrespect you.
Remember,... I believe it was Milton Berle who said:
"I'd rather have fun in Hell than be a slave in Heaven!",.. or such.
What about my "bra-strap" question, Pro? Ya never answered it, Mon ami!
Hardie-Har-Har!
So be it, as according to your own words.
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#12095 Apr 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ is so important that we celebrate it every Lord's Day.....
You still have not asked me for permission, to post on my forum. How come? Do you accept me as a prophet of God?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#12097 Apr 1, 2013
Black Mormon Pope wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as gay marriage, in law or in religion. Laws are based on the constitution, which addresses marriage, which is only defined as being between a man and a woman. Laws do not address you mental illness needs and your fictional idea of relevance.
Here are a few links to the text of the U.S. Constitution.

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/con...

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/

Show me where the word marriage is listed in the Constitution.

(Word of advice: When trying to win people over in a debate by portraying oneself as a moral authority, resorting to lies isn't a good idea)

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#12098 Apr 1, 2013
Here are a few other issues that have pitted church against church for a lot longer:

- Marrying your dead wife's sister

- Tithing

- Baptism

- Divorce

- slavery

- the "infallibility" of priests

- the personal wealth of church leaders

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#12099 Apr 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Rejection of "absolute" truth has happened because Satan is still ruler of this world.
That can't be true, because Satan only exists in the texts of false religions. Pastafarianism doesn't recognize Satan.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#12100 Apr 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
Or,
And under what assumption of authority do you imagine that YOU have any say whatsoever in whether one has been forgiven or not? Our not meeting your choice of standards for it isn't necessarily the same as meeting HIS standards for it, despite the absolute certainty you have in your choice. It's still just your choice and your prayer that you hope you got the whole Christian thing right.

this one

#12103 Apr 1, 2013
Black Mormon Pope wrote:
Well, since you have no desire to repent and accept Christ, which is God's standard, it is clear that you are not forgiven. Actually, it is just your choice and hope that you didn't just miss the entire mark. As for us,perhaps when we were seeking Christ is was a hope, but once we found Him it became absolute.
Sweetie, you're still just replacing God's judgment with your own. I've read the book too, salvation is, was and always will be God's call, not yours, mine or anybody else's. You are doing nothing more than praying that you're getting it right. But like I've said, I've read the book too and wish you a lot of luck on that.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#12106 Apr 1, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, you're still just replacing God's judgment with your own. I've read the book too, salvation is, was and always will be God's call, not yours, mine or anybody else's. You are doing nothing more than praying that you're getting it right. But like I've said, I've read the book too and wish you a lot of luck on that.
Exactly. Ditto.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#12109 Apr 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you celebrated Easter as the resurrection, you insulted Jesus, and should ask His forgiveness.

P.S. you didn't answer the question.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#12110 Apr 1, 2013
Black Mormon Pope wrote:
<quoted text>No, we worship the resurrection of Christ today, and ignore your attempts to interject an easter bunny. You forget that it was Ash Wednesday, the Good Friday and now Resurrection Sunday.
But, you keep playing with eggs from a bunnies butt and with your delusions about marriage.
Where does any bible tell you to memorialize the resurrection?

Location hidden

#12114 Apr 1, 2013
Black Mormon Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Let us try again, for you slow of brains.
I am so glad that you have exposed that when you gays say that the right to marry the same sex is in the constitution, that this is a lie.
However, the right to marry, man and woman is indeed. It is cover under inalienable rights that are God given, and it was was given in Genesis 2:24-28....for this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife.......This became the foundation for the fundamental right to marriage, which the Loving case was based on. You see, they look at Richard and Mildred and saw an adult man and a woman and declared that they had a fundamental right to marry.
(Word of Advice: When you are in a debate, it only shows your desperation when you declare a victory, and soon have your brains handed to you in a basket.)
Ad hominem statment.

False. Ever heard of fundamental rights?

Marriage is simply the combining of two into one. Same sex people can also make a commitment to one another. The early Christian Church had no problem with same sex marriage.

Mixing secular and non-secular. The court follows the Constitution. The Bible is irrelevant.

Ad hominem statement.

NEXT

Location hidden

#12116 Apr 1, 2013
Black Mormon Pope wrote:
<quoted text>No, demon, you asked about celebrating Easter, our response was that we celebrate the resurrection, and we glorify Jesus in doing so. The fact that the pagans have chosen the same day speaks volumes of it. Notice, Easter always falls on a Sunday, which defeats any pagan solstice or celebration. Here is how it goes, lent, Ash Wednesday, Good Friday and the Resurrection Sunday.
I understand why it bothers you, demon, because this was the event that shook all of hell and brought you demons to your knees.
Inquisitor? LMAO
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#12117 Apr 1, 2013
You want it in rhyme?

Messy paintings are Pollocks,
Your messy bible is bollocks!
Black Mormon Pope wrote:
<quoted text>I guess your English comprehension is a mess too. Perhaps you should a Dr. Seuss book?

this one

#12123 Apr 1, 2013
Black Mormon Pope wrote:
No, demon, you asked about celebrating Easter, our response was that we celebrate the resurrection, and we glorify Jesus in doing so. The fact that the pagans have chosen the same day speaks volumes of it. Notice, Easter always falls on a Sunday, which defeats any pagan solstice or celebration. Here is how it goes, lent, Ash Wednesday, Good Friday and the Resurrection Sunday.
I understand why it bothers you, demon, because this was the event that shook all of hell and brought you demons to your knees.
Um dear, I really don't mind breaking this to you, but the date of Easter is determined as being the first Sunday following the first full moon after the vernal equinox. There is no scriptural support for such a calculation and in most years it contradicts it, based on its relation to the Passover. It is a celebration among Christians which quickly glommed onto a slew of Pagan practices that coincidentally occurred at the same time of year. Christianity, at its beginning was pretty forgiving about things like that.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#12124 Apr 1, 2013
just the facts wrote:
the Pagans laid claim to many of your holy days long before you fundies dreamed up Jebus.....
Golly Dr Dumbazz .. you pagans sure don't get much gas out of your "holidays" now do you ...

all I ever hear when one speaks of Easter .. is the resurrection of Jesus Christ ... yall better be buyn some TV adds .. TAKE YOUR HOLIDAYS BACK !!!!!.. lol !

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#12125 Apr 1, 2013
btw:... Atheist fools day .. A National Hoilday ?????... I think it should be

For this years atheist fools joke .. I'm going to attend my favorite band / concert .. when it's over .. I'm going to climb up on the stage and thank the instruments and amplifiers for making such great sound .. Ha !! won't that be funny ???.. Ha !!! LOL LOL .... oh, ya killn me

......... Happy Atheist Fools day

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#12126 Apr 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Or,
I think it's more accurate to say that one "outside of Christ" may be sinning as usual, while one "In Christ" is trying not to.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12127 Apr 1, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Um dear, I really don't mind breaking this to you, but the date of Easter is determined as being the first Sunday following the first full moon after the vernal equinox. There is no scriptural support for such a calculation and in most years it contradicts it, based on its relation to the Passover. It is a celebration among Christians which quickly glommed onto a slew of Pagan practices that coincidentally occurred at the same time of year. Christianity, at its beginning was pretty forgiving about things like that.
lst Sunday after lst full moon of spring. March 22 - April 25 (celebrates Jesus resurrection)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rapper iLoveMakonnen Comes Out As Gay 8 min NOM s Waffle House 1
News Moves to remove gay panic from Queensland law r... 18 min NOM s Waffle House 1
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 20 min June VanDerMark 12,657
News At GOP leaders' urging, Texas Supreme Court wil... 23 min NOM s Waffle House 1
News Gay MP feared he would be barred from politics ... 29 min NOM s Waffle House 1
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 29 min Inquisitor 708
News Ellen DeGeneres, Neil Patrick Harris and other ... 34 min NOM s Waffle House 3
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 47 min Respect71 44,085
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Big C 24,013
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 3 hr Rainbow Kid 364
More from around the web