Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,103

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Read more

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#11126 Mar 24, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
But, to be clear, you agree that you don't have any legally valid justifications for prohibiting same-sex marriage. Thanks for agreeing with me.
Never said nor implied there are any government laws for such. It's irrelevant.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#11128 Mar 24, 2013
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>NO,but same sex marriage has pitted gay against tran.
I can't imagine how, since some Trans folks are gay as well, and will choose to marry the same gender if they can.

How is fight for their ability to do so, fighting against them?

Location hidden

#11129 Mar 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Does god rank sin according to severity?
This thread is about gays.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#11130 Mar 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Does god rank sin according to severity?
I think it's more that people tend to rank sins based on whether or not they might ever commit them, themselves.

Thus, adultery is a much "lesser sin" than being gay since a straight person is very likely to commit adultery, but it is impossible for them to turn gay.

That is why so many Christian denominations allow those who divorce to remarry, despite Jesus' own words against the practice. Christians KNOW they might be in that boat one day, so conveniently soften that particular sin into non-existence, while screaming against gay folks existing, even though Jesus never said a thing abut homosexuality.

I guess it's human nature.

Location hidden

#11133 Mar 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I am aware of that, my question has a direct bearing on the subject. Now does god rand sins according to severity?
Why don't you start a thread on 'adultery'?

Location hidden

#11135 Mar 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text> From my understanding, god looks at all sin the same. None more evil than the other. With that being said, how is it that only gays are sent to hell? Certainly one who commits adultery or murder should also be on the log flume ride to the pit of fire. I guess what I am saying is that every day, Christians all over the world commit sins. Each day they repent, then commit the same sins. If a Gay man or woman repents, why is it any different?
There is a BIG difference in committing a sin and living a life of sin. Being gay is living a life of sin.

Location hidden

#11137 Mar 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Are all the laws in this Nation irrelevant? What about other countries? Should all laws be based strictly on the bible?? If that's the case, the entire bible or just the NT? Should people be forced to follow the laws then if they are not christian? How would christian laws have any bearing on Buddhists or Hindus even atheists?
Just because something is legal doesn't mean its moral or right. On Judgment Day God's Laws will be what counts.

Location hidden

#11138 Mar 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>You want to discuss the Bible and Scripture don't you? Does god rank sins according to severity? If so please post the scripture where god lists them.
Adulterers will certainly burn in Hell. But committing adultery one time does not make someone an adulterer. Being gay is a way of life.

“The Final Sacrifice”

Since: Feb 13

Be Blessed

#11139 Mar 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Adulterers will certainly burn in Hell. But committing adultery one time does not make someone an adulterer. Being gay is a way of life.
Of course committing adultery one time makes someone an adulterer. An adulterer is someone that committed adultery. There is no number of times required. It only takes once to no longer be a virgin. It only takes one murder to be considered a murderer. Just because they may not do it daily does not mean they weren't a murderer.

But yes, if he repents and "sins no more" then he will be forgiven of that act.

Location hidden

#11143 Mar 24, 2013
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course committing adultery one time makes someone an adulterer. An adulterer is someone that committed adultery. There is no number of times required. It only takes once to no longer be a virgin. It only takes one murder to be considered a murderer. Just because they may not do it daily does not mean they weren't a murderer.
But yes, if he repents and "sins no more" then he will be forgiven of that act.
What if he does it twice? Are you saying you don't sin?

Location hidden

#11144 Mar 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text> If a man has sexual concourse outside of marriage, he in fact has committed adultery. Now if that same man divorces his wife and then weds the other woman, they, the man and his new wife would be living a life of sin.
Lets just face the facts, Bill, we all live a life of sin. If we didn't, Jesus and his act of atonement was just a was of time. Every day people sin, they repeat the same sins. We are human, broken, busted, creatures. God sent himself, in the form of man, his name was Jesus. He was sin free, are you Jesus? Think about that real hard before you respond.
You have chosen homosexuality as your Bailiwick of sins. You have placed less value on other sins, God does not roll like that.
"will not inherit the Kingdom of God" "nor homosexuals"

1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

Location hidden

#11146 Mar 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>So in your eyes same sex marriage is not Moral, correct? Bill should we, as in mankind go strictly by the bible when it comes to marriage?
Romans 1 "God gave them up to vile affections" "men with men"

Location hidden

#11149 Mar 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
Matthew 5:32
But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
And I agree completely.

Location hidden

#11151 Mar 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>So in your eyes same sex marriage is not Moral, correct? Bill should we, as in mankind go strictly by the bible when it comes to marriage?
Bill posting scripture does not always answer questions. Are you at all capable of carrying on a conversation?
You're trying to get me to disagree with God? Those who don't "inherit the Kingdom of God" will be in Hell forever.

Location hidden

#11152 Mar 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Bill the word homosexual is nonexistant in Hebrew or aramic.
Copy cut and paste is not the answer to all questions. Are you capable of debating or not?
The NT is from Greek.

“The Final Sacrifice”

Be Blessed

#11153 Mar 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever committed the same sin more than once? If you repent, you are to sin no more. Yet we do. So does that mean no one goes to Heaven?
No it doesn't mean that. Actually, if we haven't given away nearly everything we own to those less fortunate, we are committing daily sin. It's in the Bible, but most ignore that and pick their sin of choice to point fingers at others. Somehow, it seems to take the weight off our own, although it really doesn't. God sees are sins as individuals. Since we are ALL sinners until we die to this carnal body, the only hope for heaven is One that takes away our sin.

>^o^<

“The Final Sacrifice”

Be Blessed

#11154 Mar 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
What if he does it twice? Are you saying you don't sin?
No, you're the one that said someone that commits adultery once is not an adulterer. BTW, the odds of someone cheating just once are quite slim.

Location hidden

#11155 Mar 24, 2013
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're the one that said someone that commits adultery once is not an adulterer. BTW, the odds of someone cheating just once are quite slim.
Committing a sin once is not the same as a life of sin. I.E. being gay.

“The Final Sacrifice”

Be Blessed

#11156 Mar 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Committing a sin once is not the same as a life of sin. I.E. being gay.
Don't you mean "actively" gay?? So is nearly everyone that divorces and remarries or is sexually active in most any way outside of wedlock with one's spouse.

Since 40~50% of American couples divorce, with even a higher rate for subsequent marriages, why are you more concerned about gays that is only about 5% in the USA?? I don't see endless forums and threads about divorcees and remarriage and living in habitual sin and your condemning them to hell. Why is that?? It is forbidden in God's Word. Is it because that would make The Church appear to be of Satan?? Sin is sin. Habitual sin is habitual sin.

"When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself." ~Wayne Dyer

Location hidden

#11157 Mar 24, 2013
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
why are you more concerned about gays that is only about 5% in the USA??
This thread is about gays. Now you know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indiana House OKs religious objection bill by w... 5 min barry 71
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 6 min lides 1,581
News Pastor stands against same-sex marriage 6 min proudly fictional 293
News Indiana officials look to stem religious object... 14 min Mr_SKY 21
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 19 min Mr_SKY 58,755
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 19 min Frankie Rizzo 17,692
News LTE: In Open Letter to Clearfield Community, Lo... 21 min Get a clue 7
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 45 min Rosa_Winkel 30,842
News Child of Lesbian Moms Says Same-Sex Marriage Is... 1 hr Marcavage s Emission 513
More from around the web