Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#10771 Mar 21, 2013
Apollo11911 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh goody a cafeteria christian. Jesus said let you with out a sin cast the first stone. He then told the hooker, stop sinning. You morons think you can sin six days a week, go to church on Sunday ( which is the WRONG day) ask for forgiveness, cut a check for ten percent of your weeks earnings and do it all over again.
God ( your god) sees all sin as the same. He does not rank one more eveil than the others. STOP trowing rocks you idiot.
Then too, the fact remains that the Bible does not call homosexuality a sin in any legitimately translated verse.

#10772 Mar 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul didn’t just claim to be an apostle, he claimed that it was by God’s will and God’s command.
If it was by God's will and God's COMMAND that Paul be an apostle, why would there by any question concern this???
Who has the authority God or man???
Then by that exact same logic, Joseph Smith found and translated the Book of Mormon to show where you got it wrong, and Rev. Sun Young Moon really was an incarnation of Jesus, and Pope Francis must be obeyed, since he is infallible when speaking ex cathedral.

Here is a hint for you: According to all of the authors of the Bible, Moses, the Prophets, David, Solomon, etc, the Torah the Laws of Moses were to be kept FOR EVER. Jesus taught this to his disciples, and his disciples taught this to their followers after Jesus died. Then Paul comes along and CLAIMS to have seen Jesus long after Jesus was off the scene. Paul CLAIMS that it is okay to IGNORE everything that had been taught by ALL of the priests and prophets for CENTURIES, ever since the days of Moses.

Oh, by the way, Deuteronomy WARNS the children of Israel that there would be FALSE prophets seeking to draw them away from the true teachings they were given by Moses...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10774 Mar 21, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You say these things and yet my very life disproves them.
I live a wonderful, blessed, God-focused life. There is no disputing that.
He brought me together with my husband when we were both ready. There is no disputing that.
I am where I am supposed to be. I have never been more content, more peaceful, or closer to God. If I died tomorrow, I'm happy. And I have no fear of that or of what will happen after.
You should have such peace. It's obvious you don't or you wouldn't be here doing what you're doing.
You have a long way to go.
Remember Lot....

Lot did not make his decision on what God wanted; he made his decision based upon his own desire.

The first mistake that Lot made was he looked toward Sodom, and not towards God.

Lot began to desire what Sodom offered, so he pitched his tent in that direction.

How many times have you heard people justify their compromise by doing as Lot did?

Oh, then, you begin to think there’s nothing really wrong with such and such....it will be ok with such and such....

And so, they begin to live as close to the world as possible.

If you live close enough to the world, you’ll be surprised what will happen.

It has been said that rivers and men become crooked by following the line of least resistance.

The line of least resistance is to live the lifestyle that you are in right now.

#10775 Mar 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sin is an act committed by the individual....yes, the individual will be judged by his sins that he has committed.....
Before God even created the world, before He set the stars in place, before He breathed the breathe of life into the nostrils of man, God knew that mankind would fall.
He knew that mankind would sin and rebel against Him.
And knowing this, God planned and God set in motion, the means for mankind’s redemption, through the death and atoning sacrifice of the Lamb, His Son, Jesus Christ.
Gross conceptual error. As usual...

Genesis 4:6 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

"Mankind" does not sin or rebel. It is only individuals that can make the choice to sin.

Furthermore, the Bible also had given a clear and eternal path to be cleansed of sins when Moses gave the Law to the children of Israel. I really don't feel like dong all of the c&p necessary, but there are plenty of verses that point out just how PERFECT the Law was, how great God was to have given it to the children of Israel so that they could live righteous lives in obedience to their God, etc, etc, etc. Psalms, Proverbs, the Prophets, they ALL repeat this message MANY times.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10776 Mar 21, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You've already allowed Satan to trick you into thinking YOU KNOW what God says.
There is no original version of "the" bible on Earth.
What you are reading cannot possibly bee 100% accurate. That is irrefutable fact.
Therefore treating it as if it were the intact Word of God amounts to idol worship. How do you not see that?
It seems to me you don't sincerely want to know what God wants. You just want to take the easy way out and not ever have to think for yourself.
It's a spiritual cop-out.
Tony...

Obedience to the Word of God = Spiritually saved.....

The desire for the world that something within him that craved more than he was willing or able to trust the Lord to provide in his life soon lead to Lot living in that terrible sinful place called Sodom.

#10777 Mar 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
He is dead....
False teacher....
Well, let's see here...

Moses? Dead.
Joshua? Dead.
King David? Dead.
King Solomon? Dead.
Isaiah? Dead.
Jeremiah? Dead.
Ezekiel? Dead.
Samuel? Dead.
Amos? Malachi? Haggai? Micah? Dead.
James, brother of Jesus? Dead.
Peter? Dead.
Paul? Dead.
John? Dead.
Luke? Dead.
Matthew? Dead.
Mark? Dead.
John of Patmos? Dead.
The anonymous author of Hebrews? Dead.

No wonder you have such a hard time understanding the Bible, it is full of false teachers...

#10781 Mar 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
There was NO marriage of David and Johnathan.....
Accept/reject....homosexuality is a sin....
No LEGITIMATE translation of any verse of the Bible calls homosexuality a sin.

1 Samuel 18:1 And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.

Traditional Jewish marriage can be contracted in any one of three ways: exchanging an oath, exchanging gifts, or having sex. David and Johnathan perform all three in 1 Samuel.

1 Samuel 18:3 Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.
18:4 And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.

20:16 So Jonathan made a covenant with the house of David, saying, Let the LORD even require it at the hand of David's enemies.
20:17 And Jonathan caused David to swear again, because he loved him: for he loved him as he loved his own soul.

20:41 And as soon as the lad was gone, David arose out of a place toward the south, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himself three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David exceeded.

"Exceeded" was/is used as a slang term for orgasm...

#10782 Mar 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sin is a transgression of the law of God.
When we go beyond what God tells us to do, or when we do not live up to His expectations, then we have transgressed His law.
"unrighteousness"
"defilement"
sin is like a stain or a spot on a beautiful garment...
sin stains the beautiful garment that we should possess...
Now, figure it out...
Hint: there is a big difference between dropping a few crumbs of bread on the carpet and deliberately pouring out a whole bottle of red wine...

#10783 Mar 21, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>.....you are carnal minded.
In other words, you just can't bring yourself to admit that I am right...

#10784 Mar 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your up front testimony....
You wrote:
I always will be gay.
How do you know that God won't send an angel, a dream, or someone into your life to show you otherwise???
God NEVER changes but man can....esp when it comes to OBEYING God....
God can prick your heart/conscience to change in a second...
Many people deplore hard preaching that may prick their consciences, but rather cry:
Isaiah 30:10
10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:
They demand <smooth things> that will lull them into a spiritual sleep.
To those who are guilty of some sin that sin needs to be pointed out and specifically condemned when there is need.
As sin separates us from God.
Tony....you are 'living according to the flesh' vs.'living in the Spirit'....reason often vanishes when weighed against lust and self-gratification.
Galatians 5:19-21
19 ~~~The acts of the flesh are obvious:~~~ sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;
20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions
21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Think about it!
If only you could read what you yourself wrote...

"God NEVER changes"... yet you want to demand that everyone accept that God changed His mind regarding the Laws that He said were eternal, that He broke His eternal Covenant with the children of Israel, that He completely changed everything that He had sent His prophets to teach over the centuries.

#10785 Mar 21, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
"Laci Ann 7 wrote:
Still want to mock God? Please continue reading.....
THE MAN WHO BUILT TITANIC: After the construction of Titanic, a
reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic
tone he said: "Not even God can sink it" The result: I think you
all know what happened to the Titanic.
MARILYN MONROE: She was visited by Billy Graham during a
presentation of a show. He said the Spirit of God had sent him to
preach to her. After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she
said: "I don't need your Jesus". A week later, she was found dead in her
apartment. "
I cannot believe she really posted this. So God killed all those people on the Titanic to prove a point with the builder? AND he kileed Marilyn Monroe because she didn't get saved by Billy Graham? I bet he assassinated JFK too for being a Catholic. I thought Native left the building.
And just look at all those premature babies that He kills for not worshiping Him!

But seriously now, WHY would ANYONE worship a sick bastard like the god she preaches????
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10786 Mar 21, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
This is another clear misapplication of principle.
Yes, faith is belief - IN GOD, not in a book that cannot possibly be accurate.
If you want to follow God's word (allegedly) then why isn't it important to you to have an accurate accounting of it?
Answer: you're really not serious.
Recommended: a lot more prayer.
How does God call us, Tony???

Surely not by your land-line or a cell phone...

2 Thessalonians 2:14

14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The Gospel is much more than salvation and getting to heaven, it is a lifestyle which quite honestly we as a culture have failed to adopt or embrace fully, as it was intended by Jesus.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10787 Mar 21, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
Truth is, I am saved from the curse of sin and you are not.........now you are rebellious and living a lifestyle that is an abomination to God.
You can play all day long like you are happy with your partner, truth is there is no happiness in you, not real happiness........sin breeds death and misery.
How dare you even say that? Who the hell (appropriate) do you think you are?

Do you think loving thy neighbor means denying their truth which is right before you in favor of reading a book?

It makes me laugh to be called "rebellious."

It is bizarre for someone on a message board screen to try to tell me I'm not really happy. How do you even bring yourself to say such a wicked thing?

Let me tell you something: you will never - ever - explore the issue of homosexuality via God as much, as long, or as desperately as I have. If I were not right with God, I would know it.

On the contrary, my usual process of coming to God with my problem is what made the coming out process bearable.

Now, you can read a book and try to tell me you know more about me than I know about me, or that you know more about my relationship with God than I - but that is patently ridiculous by any measure.

I know my relationship with God. You don't. And you are sinning by saying to me what you are saying. I suggest you pray on that.

I am not trying to diminish your faith. On the contrary, I'm trying to make you see the weak spot in your faith.

You make so many incorrect assumptions about me and about God.

No matter what you say, I know what is real in my own life.

#10788 Mar 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You make some good points, Tony....
I fall short, too....just like you do.....
But, if you are committing the same sin every day, how can you not be separated from God???
Is crucifying the flesh an easy task?
No.
In order for us to subordinate our own will to that of God, there must be a kind of suffering and self-denial.
There is a cross to bear daily.
The body must be kept under/brought into subjection.
.....but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.
Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.(spiritual death from sin)
The FIRST blessing was for Adam and Eve to have sex...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10789 Mar 21, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
So He didn't tell every person to do that. He told his disciples, whom He had trained, whom He trusted not to misrepresent Him or His message.
You don't qualify for that position.
disciples are followers of Christ....

Jesus also called His apostles disciples.....

#10792 Mar 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony...
Obedience to the Word of God = Spiritually saved.....
The desire for the world that something within him that craved more than he was willing or able to trust the Lord to provide in his life soon lead to Lot living in that terrible sinful place called Sodom.
Gross conceptual error. AGAIN. Will you PLEASE try to read the Bible for comprehension, someday?

Genesis 13:10 And Lot lifted up his eyes, and beheld all the plain of Jordan, that it was well watered every where, before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, even as the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt, as thou comest unto Zoar.
13:11 Then Lot chose him all the plain of Jordan; and Lot journeyed east: and they separated themselves the one from the other.

Lot chose to go toward the area that had been so obviously BLESSED by his God.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10793 Mar 21, 2013
Apollo11911 wrote:
<quoted text>John 8:7
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
Do you have a dump truck full of rocks?
Rock....

Who is "our spiritual Rock???"
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10795 Mar 21, 2013
Apollo11911 wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you missed the entire point.
John 8:7
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
Are you with out sin???? Got rocks?
No one is sinless except Jesus Christ...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10796 Mar 21, 2013
Apollo11911 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh goody a cafeteria christian. Jesus said let you with out a sin cast the first stone. He then told the hooker, stop sinning. You morons think you can sin six days a week, go to church on Sunday ( which is the WRONG day) ask for forgiveness, cut a check for ten percent of your weeks earnings and do it all over again.
God ( your god) sees all sin as the same. He does not rank one more eveil than the others. STOP trowing rocks you idiot.
You have missed the whole point on bring the gospel to all the world.....

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10799 Mar 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your up front testimony....
You wrote:
I always will be gay.
How do you know that God won't send an angel, a dream, or someone into your life to show you otherwise???
God NEVER changes but man can....esp when it comes to OBEYING God....
God can prick your heart/conscience to change in a second...
Many people deplore hard preaching that may prick their consciences, but rather cry:
Isaiah 30:10
10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:
They demand <smooth things> that will lull them into a spiritual sleep.
To those who are guilty of some sin that sin needs to be pointed out and specifically condemned when there is need.
As sin separates us from God.
Tony....you are 'living according to the flesh' vs.'living in the Spirit'....reason often vanishes when weighed against lust and self-gratification.
Galatians 5:19-21
19 ~~~The acts of the flesh are obvious:~~~ sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;
20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions
21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Think about it!
I know God won't send me an angel or a dream to the contrary for because:

1. Why wouldn't He have already done so by now? What would He wait for?
2....for the same reason I know God won't send an angel to change my dog into a cat: He made the dog for a purpose, and that purpose has not changed. Can He do it? Of course. Will He? Of course not. Why would He?

Please do not mischaracterize me. I have always obeyed God. I have never been ruled by lust.

If I were ruled by lust, I would cheat on my husband. If I am so immoral, why don't I do that? If I have so little self-control, why not? Why doesn't he do the same?

Because we are not "in lust," we fell in love and got married before God til death do us part.

You, like Laci, make so many presumptions - and you're wrong. I read these paragraphs about people who don't want to hear what God has to say, etc.- that in no way resembles my life. You make it sound like we have drunken orgies. I'm sure there are people out there who are led around by their sex organs, or who are alcoholics, drug addicts, etc.- that life is not mine. I am not addicted to my husband. We have a very nice, tame life. We do not do wrong things.

The fact that you can't believe that because of something you've read and attribute to God is truly crazy. I will put my real life experience with God against your interpretation of a misinterpreted book any day, in good conscience, with no fear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 21 min neighbor 2,574
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Wondering 13,273
News MassResistance Warns America Against Homosexual... 3 hr Surg 43
News Supreme Court To Hear Arguments In Case Of Bake... 3 hr Surg 417
News This "Christian" thinks a secret "gay Nazi regi... 4 hr Stumped 20
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr Frankie Rizzo 57,623
News Amid Egypt's anti-gay crackdown, gay dating app... 7 hr Oliver 11
More from around the web