Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#9126 Mar 8, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no original ancient works from Homer, Plato, Caesar or Aristotle either yet the copies we have of their works show what the their original works were. For the NT, its even better.
Ignorant? Or willfully delusional?

The earliest surviving copies of any of the books of the NT are from centuries after they were written. And of all the surviving copies and fragments, virtually no two agree word for word with each other. AT BEST, there errors are mere copy errors or misspellings, but sometimes, there is serious disagreement with doctrinal text.

The earliest copies of Mark end at 16:8, everything after that was added later...

#9127 Mar 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's look at it practically.
I'm pissed at you, so kill and burn some of my pets and I'll feel better about you. Better yet ... kill my kid ... then we'll be ALL good!
(Teenagers are SO annoying)
Hear how NUTS that sounds!
The sacrifice and atonement soteriologies are regressive heresies, dearheart.
I have a teen. It doesn't sound all THAT nuts...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#9128 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
BTW .. if yall get a chance .. http://www.endtime.com/radio/ .. check this guy out ... Politics and Religion .. Irvin Baxter
No thanks. I've already seen enough cliches right here.

#9129 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Word of God....it is in there.....
Who takes away the sins of the world???
Yahweh, but ONLY if you obey all of His laws to the best of your ability, and don't commit the abomination of worshiping false gods like Jesus...

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#9130 Mar 8, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The word you have translated as "God" is <'el> which is NOT always used as a term for a god, as in the example from Genesis:
Genesis 31:29 It is in the power <'el> of my hand to do you hurt...
Laban to Jacob, speaking of his own hand. Are you saying that Laban was a God? There are other examples as well. The verse in Isaiah is NOT a reference to a God, but to a mighty LORD, a temporal ruler.
Read it IN CONTEXT, which for Isa 9:6 certainly includes 9:7. Jesus NEVER sat on the Throne of David, he NEVER established any kingdom, and justice and judgment have been just as lacking after his death as they were before. That verse has nothing to do with Jesus.
I also have a real question concerning the commandment not to have graven images or likeness of god: wouldn't asserting a person is god in flesh and the worship thereof be considered idolatry in the eyes of Jews, a graven image of god in flesh being no different that a graven image in stone? Isn't a Messiah to the Jews simply a man "annointed by god", or appointed by god for a special task?

#9131 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The New Testament declares the sin of homosexuality is going after strange flesh.
Not relevant, since ALL sin was defined in the Torah, and ONLY in the Torah. Paul's opinions are as worthless as his prophecies that Jesus was about to pop up right then and there as he was in the middle of writing a letter...

#9132 Mar 8, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
I also have a real question concerning the commandment not to have graven images or likeness of god: wouldn't asserting a person is god in flesh and the worship thereof be considered idolatry in the eyes of Jews, a graven image of god in flesh being no different that a graven image in stone? Isn't a Messiah to the Jews simply a man "annointed by god", or appointed by god for a special task?
And that is exactly what Deuteronomy says about it. To worship a man, a fish, a star, the Sun, the Moon, or a cross are all blasphemies. The REAL Messianic prophecies make it clear that the Messiah will be a mere mortal who parks his royal butt on the Throne of David, makes some nifty changes to the way people understand the Law, and eventually snuffs it, as is the way of all flesh.

Messiah is an English approximation of the Hebrew, Christ is a Greek translation, and it means "anointed".

#9133 Mar 8, 2013
And that was a wordy way to say, yeah, you are right...

#9134 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
God sent His Son....the Lamb of God...
Son of God = nation of Israel.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#9135 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was called to be an apostle.
Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, CALLED to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God.
He was an apostle to the Gentiles.
I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry.
Apostle not from men or man but by Jesus Christ and God the Father.
Paul, an apostle—sent not from men nor by a man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead.
Paul was an apostle of Jesus by God’s will.
Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by [the will of God,[ and our brother Sosthenes...
The ONLY places that claim occurs in in his own writings and that of his followers. He was probationarily allowed as a teacher, but was later censured and restricted in the scope of his teaching. He violated those restrictions thereby becoming apostate.

Saul enemy mentioned in the parable that came into the field in the night sowing weeds.

His seeds have produced many of the horrors that are christendom's history ... and present.

#9136 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
We are under the New Testament and NOT the Old Testament.....no animal sacrifices needed now....
Gee, Ezekiel make repeated references to the fact that once the real Messiah comes, there WILL be animal sacrifices in the Temple. And of course, the Law specifically says that the God of the Bible COMMANDS them to be performed FOR EVER.

But, if you don't mind calling the God of the Bible a liar, have fun...

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#9137 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
did we "loose" tony ?????.. ha !
Tony has a business to run.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#9138 Mar 8, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
The Orthodox takes the Alexandrian/Cappadocian heresey and goes a different direction with it. The heresy of the divinity of Yeshua is used to rationalize the creation of icons and all of the various worship activities (they dodge with the word "veneration" but it amounts to worship in practice and promotion) attendant upon them. It's one of their glaring heresies.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#9139 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that I care what scholars say as they are really just MEN???
Do you really think that I will take what a mere MAN has to say about scriptures over the Word of God???
Unless you have the original bible, you don't have a reliable Word of God.

Next.

#9140 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was called to be an apostle.
Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, CALLED to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God.
He was an apostle to the Gentiles.
I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry.
Apostle not from men or man but by Jesus Christ and God the Father.
Paul, an apostle—sent not from men nor by a man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead.
Paul was an apostle of Jesus by God’s will.
Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by [the will of God,[ and our brother Sosthenes...
Well, Paul certainly CLAIMED to have been called. However, since he was so clearly a false prophet, any and all claims he made should be dismissed out of hand.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#9141 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
.......... Grandpa ????
Why do you always do that? Do you think people are here hanging on your every lame word?

Fort Lauderdale FL

#9142 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah Blah Blah ... excuses excuses excuses
Your typical cop-out answer when you don't have an answer.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#9143 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God NEVER changes....
But what has MAN done to the Word of God???
If it never changes, then I must be imagining all those different versions at Barnes & Noble.

(Hint: that just disproved your little assertion.)

Fort Lauderdale FL

#9144 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea is about how receptive a person is to hearing the gospel message.
You can’t make someone receptive.
That is something they must choose to do.
Wrong. It is something they are called to do. And nothing you can do can make that calling happen any faster than God wants it.

#9145 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
God could choose to communicate with His creation directly via word-of-mouth, through messengers (angels), through dreams and visions or from His Inspired Word.
Inspired Word? Would that be the Kama Sutra?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Greens against gay marriage plebiscite The Gree... 6 min Fa-Foxy 6
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 29 min WasteWater 15,979
News The 12 Best Dating Apps 1 hr NE Jade 2
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 1 hr Dunk 25
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 1 hr June VanDerMark 11,306
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,969
News Gay Republican Iowa Senate Hopeful: I'm Not the... 2 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 3
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 38,789
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 4 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 72
More from around the web