Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#9108 Mar 8, 2013
BTW .. if yall get a chance .. http://www.endtime.com/radio/ .. check this guy out ... Politics and Religion .. Irvin Baxter

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#9109 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
are you done Norcal ??
The discussion is done because we believe differently, but it's nice to have a civil discussion........so, please have a great weekend:-)

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#9110 Mar 8, 2013
thank you

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#9111 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
thank you
You're welcome.......I may not agree with ya, but I certainly will and have defended your right to believe as you do!!!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#9112 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Then Jesus told him,“Because you have seen me, you have believed; ~~~~~blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”~~~~~
That answers faith in Jesus; it does not answer faith in certain doctrinal stands

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#9113 Mar 8, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
It follows though that any belief that contradicts the Bible is false.
Remind me...still no legally valid justifications for prohibiting same-sex marriage? Great.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#9114 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
"but then that's what bible worshipers"
well .. you get that one wrong to ... we don't "worship" the Bible ... we worship the "author" of the bible .. big diff
Mainly Paul.

Location hidden

#9115 Mar 8, 2013
Again I have to appeal to th fact that you can't adequately know What the Bible says unless you include Who it was said to, What was said and HOW it was said and waht that would entail in the cultrue of that time. If you aren't willing to do this how can you ever know whether something is in error, outright heresy? Personl revelation? Many people have done horrible things alledging god told them to do so. Personal conscience? Many people have done done hoffible things, upheld horrible things, sincerely believing it was the moral thing to do. The fact that the Bible has been interpreted in terms of current cultures and understandings is well-known. There's only two things you can make of this: 1. you don't care and believe that the prupose of the Bible is to be used to advance whatever agenda that is advantageous to you, or, 2. that the meaning of the Bible is an ever-revealing process. If you are the first, you're not fit to be the arbiter of ANYTHING. If you believe the second, how do you know that in these times it is't being revealed to you that your exclusion of gays and lesbians as exempt from the kingdom of god is in error?

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#9116 Mar 8, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
Remind me ... still no legally valid justifications for prohibiting same-sex marriage?
the will of the American people ... see you at the poles
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#9117 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you.
And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.
clothed yourself with Christ....
So you don't have any flesh, eh? You must look really scarey. How do you keep from getting moldy?
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#9118 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
the will of the American people ... see you at the poles
Nov 6th was a party!!!!

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#9119 Mar 8, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:.. you know that in these times it is't being revealed to you that your exclusion of gays and lesbians as exempt from the kingdom of god is in error?
well ... we could start with citing chapter and verse ... you go first ........ go

Location hidden

#9120 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
well ... we could start with citing chapter and verse ... you go first ........ go
Again, I'm not the etymologist, so in the question as to whether you might win an argument with me, the answer is probably yes; in the question as to whether you could win the arguement against an actual eymologist scholar-NO, especially if all you can offer is your current translation and current understanding. I think the real question that should be answered is the question I already prosed to you.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#9121 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you obeying Jesus' COMMANDS in the New Testament....and I am NOT talking about the 10 commandments....
So, you are talking about where Jesus said that to be good, one must obey all 613 commandments? Or where he said that not one letter of the Laws would ever be changed?

#9122 Mar 8, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief in Hell is not required for residency therein. God does not have to get your permission.
Not true. Since I am not one of the children of Israel, He WOULD have to get my permission (my conversion to His worship) before He has ANY say about my behavior.

#9123 Mar 8, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
It is clear that you reject NT salvation.
That's because there is no such thing as NT salvation.

#9124 Mar 8, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You're promoting the OT when God commanded them to execute homosexuals?
No LEGITIMATE translation of the Bible condemns homosexuality. The Bible CELEBRATES the marriage of David and Johnathan.
dollarsbill wrote:
Calling God a liar is quite dangerous.
"the everlasting fire"
Matthew 18:8 (NKJV)
8 If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire.
I am not calling the God of the Bible a liar. I am calling YOU a liar, and I have posted proof of that fact. Why do YOU persist in calling the God of the Bible a liar? Or do you want to pretend that Jeremiah was not a prophet? Was the book of Jeremiah just some random scribblings of a deluded pseudo-prophet that got tossed into the Bible by mistake?

#9125 Mar 8, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are Biblically illiterate. Jesus is God.
"a child is born" "a Son" "Mighty God"
Isaiah 9:6 (NKJV)
6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
The word you have translated as "God" is <'el> which is NOT always used as a term for a god, as in the example from Genesis:

Genesis 31:29 It is in the power <'el> of my hand to do you hurt...

Laban to Jacob, speaking of his own hand. Are you saying that Laban was a God? There are other examples as well. The verse in Isaiah is NOT a reference to a God, but to a mighty LORD, a temporal ruler.

Read it IN CONTEXT, which for Isa 9:6 certainly includes 9:7. Jesus NEVER sat on the Throne of David, he NEVER established any kingdom, and justice and judgment have been just as lacking after his death as they were before. That verse has nothing to do with Jesus.

#9126 Mar 8, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no original ancient works from Homer, Plato, Caesar or Aristotle either yet the copies we have of their works show what the their original works were. For the NT, its even better.
Ignorant? Or willfully delusional?

The earliest surviving copies of any of the books of the NT are from centuries after they were written. And of all the surviving copies and fragments, virtually no two agree word for word with each other. AT BEST, there errors are mere copy errors or misspellings, but sometimes, there is serious disagreement with doctrinal text.

The earliest copies of Mark end at 16:8, everything after that was added later...

#9127 Mar 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's look at it practically.
I'm pissed at you, so kill and burn some of my pets and I'll feel better about you. Better yet ... kill my kid ... then we'll be ALL good!
(Teenagers are SO annoying)
Hear how NUTS that sounds!
The sacrifice and atonement soteriologies are regressive heresies, dearheart.
I have a teen. It doesn't sound all THAT nuts...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 30 min Travis Turbil 13,071
Transgender "woman" convicted of raping 10-year... 33 min Travis Turbil 2
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 3 hr Astro 2,570
News Anti-gay Southern Decadence preacher arrested o... (Feb '11) 4 hr BAC SOLDIER 31
News The fascinating sex life of Jonathan, the 186-y... 4 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 3
News Prominent chefs oppose baker in major gay right... 4 hr Luther 6
News Secret Symphony exhibit in Allentown explores t... 4 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 1
News Who would be a better president: Donald Trump o... 5 hr Noe 41
News Birth-record fix for gays falls to lower court 5 hr Travis Turbil 18
News Supreme Court To Hear Arguments In Case Of Bake... 7 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 343
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 hr Freedomofexpression 57,593
More from around the web