Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#9105 Mar 8, 2013
are you done Norcal ??

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#9106 Mar 8, 2013
If so ... thank you for the debate .. have a great weekend ... also .. total blessings to my brothers and sisters In Christ .. http://www.nwrnetwork.com/listen/player.asp... .... later

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#9107 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
"but then that's what bible worshipers"
well .. you get that one wrong to ... we don't "worship" the Bible ... we worship the "author" of the bible .. big diff
Well, you may worship the author of the bible, but that's just mere mortal men who wanted to be Gods.....so, either way......you still aren't grasping God's message!!!

As soon as you inject the bible, you lose any discussion with me. You have every right to worship the words in that book, but you continually fail to understand that NOT everyone has to believe in that book in order to have a relationship with God.....plain and simple!!!

Seems that what Evangelistic Christians don't get is that NOT EVERYONE has to believe as they do........you are entitled to believe as you want, I am entitled to believe as I want........it's called the Freedom of Religion and NO ONE PERSON HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL OTHERS HOW TO BELIEVE......no matter what you reasons may be.....and it is not your place to judge me or others, nor your place to condemn me.....that's God's place and He will decide that when I face Him on my Judgment day!!!

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#9108 Mar 8, 2013
BTW .. if yall get a chance .. http://www.endtime.com/radio/ .. check this guy out ... Politics and Religion .. Irvin Baxter

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#9109 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
are you done Norcal ??
The discussion is done because we believe differently, but it's nice to have a civil discussion........so, please have a great weekend:-)

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#9110 Mar 8, 2013
thank you

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#9111 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
thank you
You're welcome.......I may not agree with ya, but I certainly will and have defended your right to believe as you do!!!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#9112 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Then Jesus told him,“Because you have seen me, you have believed; ~~~~~blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”~~~~~
That answers faith in Jesus; it does not answer faith in certain doctrinal stands

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#9113 Mar 8, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
It follows though that any belief that contradicts the Bible is false.
Remind me...still no legally valid justifications for prohibiting same-sex marriage? Great.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#9114 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
"but then that's what bible worshipers"
well .. you get that one wrong to ... we don't "worship" the Bible ... we worship the "author" of the bible .. big diff
Mainly Paul.

Location hidden

#9115 Mar 8, 2013
Again I have to appeal to th fact that you can't adequately know What the Bible says unless you include Who it was said to, What was said and HOW it was said and waht that would entail in the cultrue of that time. If you aren't willing to do this how can you ever know whether something is in error, outright heresy? Personl revelation? Many people have done horrible things alledging god told them to do so. Personal conscience? Many people have done done hoffible things, upheld horrible things, sincerely believing it was the moral thing to do. The fact that the Bible has been interpreted in terms of current cultures and understandings is well-known. There's only two things you can make of this: 1. you don't care and believe that the prupose of the Bible is to be used to advance whatever agenda that is advantageous to you, or, 2. that the meaning of the Bible is an ever-revealing process. If you are the first, you're not fit to be the arbiter of ANYTHING. If you believe the second, how do you know that in these times it is't being revealed to you that your exclusion of gays and lesbians as exempt from the kingdom of god is in error?

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#9116 Mar 8, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
Remind me ... still no legally valid justifications for prohibiting same-sex marriage?
the will of the American people ... see you at the poles
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#9117 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you.
And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.
clothed yourself with Christ....
So you don't have any flesh, eh? You must look really scarey. How do you keep from getting moldy?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#9118 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
the will of the American people ... see you at the poles
Nov 6th was a party!!!!

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#9119 Mar 8, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:.. you know that in these times it is't being revealed to you that your exclusion of gays and lesbians as exempt from the kingdom of god is in error?
well ... we could start with citing chapter and verse ... you go first ........ go

Location hidden

#9120 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
well ... we could start with citing chapter and verse ... you go first ........ go
Again, I'm not the etymologist, so in the question as to whether you might win an argument with me, the answer is probably yes; in the question as to whether you could win the arguement against an actual eymologist scholar-NO, especially if all you can offer is your current translation and current understanding. I think the real question that should be answered is the question I already prosed to you.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#9121 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you obeying Jesus' COMMANDS in the New Testament....and I am NOT talking about the 10 commandments....
So, you are talking about where Jesus said that to be good, one must obey all 613 commandments? Or where he said that not one letter of the Laws would ever be changed?

#9122 Mar 8, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief in Hell is not required for residency therein. God does not have to get your permission.
Not true. Since I am not one of the children of Israel, He WOULD have to get my permission (my conversion to His worship) before He has ANY say about my behavior.

#9123 Mar 8, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
It is clear that you reject NT salvation.
That's because there is no such thing as NT salvation.

#9124 Mar 8, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You're promoting the OT when God commanded them to execute homosexuals?
No LEGITIMATE translation of the Bible condemns homosexuality. The Bible CELEBRATES the marriage of David and Johnathan.
dollarsbill wrote:
Calling God a liar is quite dangerous.
"the everlasting fire"
Matthew 18:8 (NKJV)
8 If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire.
I am not calling the God of the Bible a liar. I am calling YOU a liar, and I have posted proof of that fact. Why do YOU persist in calling the God of the Bible a liar? Or do you want to pretend that Jeremiah was not a prophet? Was the book of Jeremiah just some random scribblings of a deluded pseudo-prophet that got tossed into the Bible by mistake?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ukip candidate: 'Gay donkey tried to rape my ho... 16 min bog trottin beggars 43
Florida clerks won't give gays marriage licenses 39 min KirkW 11
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 51 min Poof1 5,135
NE Jade Christmas Party 59 min Prancer 1
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Poof1 6,016
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 2 hr serfs up 3,003
FDA: Gay, bisexual men able to donate blood 7 hr Ozark Dude 14
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 9 hr Lars 68,586
More from around the web