Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#9088 Mar 8, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is accepting what actually is there as opposed to what you want to be there
Then Jesus told him,“Because you have seen me, you have believed; ~~~~~blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”~~~~~

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#9089 Mar 8, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Thirdly.....I accept the Words of God, but what is in your book that you call the bible are not God's words
and these "Words of God" you found are found .....

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#9090 Mar 8, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Sounds like you've had that experience often in your life.......I'm sorry!!!
no ...... not really
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#9091 Mar 8, 2013
GFY, christard.
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
...Many will meet their doom, trumpets will sound...

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#9092 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure....I know you won't believe this but I will post anyways...
We like some parts of God's nature: God is loving, merciful, kind, forgiving, compassionate.
But God's nature also includes wrath, justice, absolute holiness, and absolute purity.
It is ourselves that need to come to the realization of what SIN is and what SIN does to us spiritually and physically.
I understand you miss God's message daily, but then you won't believe a word I post anyways......so carry on with trampling the rights of others to believe differently than you!!!

#9093 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
and these "Words of God" you found are found .....
In various other Gospels and from God Himself:-)

Just because some felt that only 66 books deserved to be canonized based on what they felt.....doesn't mean they are God's words at all and unlike you, I don't need to justify my beliefs with others.......they are mine and I'm entitled to them.....even if you can't agree with them or understand them........but a big part of believing in God has to do with faith!!!

#9094 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure....I know you won't believe this but I will post anyways...
We like some parts of God's nature: God is loving, merciful, kind, forgiving, compassionate.
But God's nature also includes wrath, justice, absolute holiness, and absolute purity.
It is ourselves that need to come to the realization of what SIN is and what SIN does to us spiritually and physically.
Funny how YOUR God hates the same things as you do.....condemns the same things you do and judges others the same way you do.......and I'm suppose to accept your beliefs as somehow being more valued than my own!!!

I do sin, but who I am is not a Sin and who I am married to is not a Sin and God ALONE knows my sins.....you do not!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#9095 Mar 8, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
First.....I don't feel bad!!!
Secondly....I'm sure I won't be the last to post words to you that you are unable to comprehend!!!
Thirdly.....I accept the Words of God, but what is in your book that you call the bible are not God's words.......and you don't get that!!!
You are entitled to your rights.....but they END where mine BEGIN!!!
As mankind found itself adrift in a sea of evil, pain, and suffering, the question eventually would arise...

Why?

Man thus needed to be educated concerning the exact reason(s) for his predicament.

SIN and DISOBEDIENCE....

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#9096 Mar 8, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
In various other Gospels and from God Himself:-) Just because some felt that only 66 books deserved to be canonized based on what they felt.....doesn't mean they are God's words at all and unlike you, I don't need to justify my beliefs with others.......they are mine and I'm entitled to them.....even if you can't agree with them or understand them........but a big part of believing in God has to do with faith!!!
Interesting how "your faith" is exactely What Jesus predicted concerning those who would be attracted to the Harlot

John was a lamp that burned and gave light .. and you chose for a time to enjoy his light ... I [ Jesus ] have testimony weightier than that of John .. For the very work that the Father has given me to finish .. and which I am doing .. testifies that the Father has sent me ... And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me .. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form .. nor does his word dwell in you .. for you do not believe the one he sent ... You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life .. These are the Scriptures that testify about me .. yet you refuse to come to me to have life ... I do not accept praise from men .. but I know you .. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts ... I have come in my Father's name .. and you do not accept me .. HOWEVER ... if someone else comes in his own name .. you will accept him .... John 5:35-43
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#9097 Mar 8, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how YOUR God hates the same things as you do.....condemns the same things you do and judges others the same way you do.......and I'm suppose to accept your beliefs as somehow being more valued than my own!!!
I do sin, but who I am is not a Sin and who I am married to is not a Sin and God ALONE knows my sins.....you do not!!!
Do you believe that God loves sin???

Or, do you believe that God hates sin???

Do you believe that you can hide your sins from God???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#9098 Mar 8, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand you miss God's message daily, but then you won't believe a word I post anyways......so carry on with trampling the rights of others to believe differently than you!!!
As I stated before, choice......

God gives all free will.....

You are either going to accept Him and His Word or you are going to reject Him and His Word.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#9099 Mar 8, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because some felt that only 66 books deserved to be canonized based on what they felt.....doesn't mean they are God's words at all and unlike you, I don't need to justify my beliefs with others.......they are mine and I'm entitled to them.....even if you can't agree with them or understand them........but a big part of believing in God has to do with faith!!!
Inspired.....meaning of the word???

Knowledge frees from the shackles of ignorance; truth frees from the shackles of error.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#9100 Mar 8, 2013
Jesus:.. THE way .. THE truth .. THE life

.......... it's ALL about him
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#9101 Mar 8, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:

but a big part of believing in God has to do with faith

Belief/Faith cannot be separated.....

Genuine faith produces righteousness in us.

Belief equals proper behavior or righteous living.

#9102 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting how "your faith" is exactely What Jesus predicted concerning those who would be attracted to the Harlot
Funny, how I figured you'd make some asinine post, but then that's what bible worshipers do......they can't allow others to believe differently, so they have to trash their beliefs in order to feel better about themselves.......and if that's what you want to do......so be it, I'm secure in my religious beliefs that no matter what you believe or say.....it won't change what God has shown me!!!

Peace:-)

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#9103 Mar 8, 2013
NorCal Native wrote = Funny, how I figured you'd make some asinine post, but then that's what bible worshipers do......they can't allow others to believe differently [ sure we can - just laying cards on the table ] so they have to trash their beliefs in order to feel better about themselves [ where did I "trash" your belief .. you're welcome to it ]...... and if that's what you want to do......so be it, I'm secure in my religious beliefs that no matter what you believe or say [ well fine w/ me ].....it won't change what God has shown me!!! Peace:-)[ not trying to change you ]... peace and safety

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#9104 Mar 8, 2013
"but then that's what bible worshipers"

well .. you get that one wrong to ... we don't "worship" the Bible ... we worship the "author" of the bible .. big diff

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#9105 Mar 8, 2013
are you done Norcal ??

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#9106 Mar 8, 2013
If so ... thank you for the debate .. have a great weekend ... also .. total blessings to my brothers and sisters In Christ .. http://www.nwrnetwork.com/listen/player.asp... .... later

#9107 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
"but then that's what bible worshipers"
well .. you get that one wrong to ... we don't "worship" the Bible ... we worship the "author" of the bible .. big diff
Well, you may worship the author of the bible, but that's just mere mortal men who wanted to be Gods.....so, either way......you still aren't grasping God's message!!!

As soon as you inject the bible, you lose any discussion with me. You have every right to worship the words in that book, but you continually fail to understand that NOT everyone has to believe in that book in order to have a relationship with God.....plain and simple!!!

Seems that what Evangelistic Christians don't get is that NOT EVERYONE has to believe as they do........you are entitled to believe as you want, I am entitled to believe as I want........it's called the Freedom of Religion and NO ONE PERSON HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL OTHERS HOW TO BELIEVE......no matter what you reasons may be.....and it is not your place to judge me or others, nor your place to condemn me.....that's God's place and He will decide that when I face Him on my Judgment day!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Churches threaten to dismiss staff who wed same... 7 min Paco 3
News Imam Who Compared Gays To Pedophiles After Orla... 9 min TomInElPaso 3
big boss man 9 min Paco 2
News Pride in local LGBT progress: Some of Metro Van... 9 min Western Canuck 20
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 14 min Rose_NoHo 8,407
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 14 min Beatnick 53,721
News Patrick's Cabaret settles antigay discriminatio... 23 min Rev Cash Dollar 10
News Teen weighs impact of joining school gay-straig... 11 hr The Troll Stopper 7
More from around the web