Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8442 Mar 5, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Not having anything which even you could confuse as a response to what I said about your last biblical snippet, you bring me another to play with. This time a verse which has been deliberately rewritten to say something that it never actually did. I'll bet you didn't know that where your version of the Bible says "men who practice homosexuality", the earliest known surviving copies of the work say no such thing. Paul condemned, in literal translation, man/bed, by combining the Greek word for each. It was not a word used by other writers and was not one which would have been recognized by readers of Greek as referencing same sex sexual acts or even those who engage in them. Throughout early Christian history it was taught as a condemnation of masturbation.
I quote God. You quote you. You lose.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#8443 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
I quote God. You quote you. You lose.
Sweetie, you are quoting a Bible which was deliberately and maliciously mistranslated so that it would say something different than what it was supposed to. Telling me you are quoting God is just kind of silly, unless you imagine God approves of that kind of bearing of false witness.

Location hidden

#8444 Mar 5, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, you are quoting a Bible which was deliberately and maliciously mistranslated so that it would say something different than what it was supposed to. Telling me you are quoting God is just kind of silly, unless you imagine God approves of that kind of bearing of false witness.
Pack of Satanic lies. Prove it child of Satan. We are watching for you lies, beware.

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#8445 Mar 5, 2013
His-truth wrote:
....... don't get me started noho
We all thought you rested your case. Was that another lie?

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#8446 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Pack of Satanic lies. Prove it child of Satan. We are watching for you lies, beware.
Nice rant.

U Mad Bro?

Location hidden

#8447 Mar 5, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice rant.
U Mad Bro?
Just ticked that Satan has duped you.

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#8448 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are "we"? You are crazier than a shithouse rat threedollarbill. The level of insanity demonstrated by you and your fundie friends here on Topix beggars belief. Whilst there is a certain entertainment value in watching you fundies get crazier by the minute, it is also rather unsettling to think that so many of you crazies are out and about in your local community without any professional supervision. You should give up worrying about going to hell threedollarbill, your most likely destination is the funny farm!

Location hidden

#8449 Mar 5, 2013
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are "we"? You are crazier than a shithouse rat threedollarbill.
It is YOU who have no future other than the Lake of Fire for eternity. You're a loser. That's why you're here. You have nothing else, like all the Bible haters.

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#8450 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Should we believe you or God?
"God gave them up" "shameless acts" "dishonorable"
Romans 1:26-27 (ESV)
26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
Idiot, now try explaining what that means in the framework of its ENTIRE context.
Quoting selected scripture out of context is misleading and a form of lying. You are a dishonest, hateful little man and you are using the Bible to spread your hate and lies.
You are truly, a thoroughly disgusting individual.
Fucking useless talibaptist!

Location hidden

#8451 Mar 5, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot,
You are delivered unto Satan in Jesus' Name. You lose.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#8452 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are delivered unto Satan in Jesus' Name. You lose.
You've accused me of being a stranger to the Bible and I'll have you know I have a very close and personal relationship with the Word. I was broke once and couldn't afford Kotex so tore pages out of the Bible to use as panty shields-the Gospel of Luke to be precise. You can't get more up close and personal than that- and I'm pretty sure my exposure to the Bible is a hell of alot more than you've had.
The Oracle

UK

#8453 Mar 5, 2013
Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

It can only be hoped so.
The Oracle

UK

#8454 Mar 5, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
You've accused me of being a stranger to the Bible and I'll have you know I have a very close and personal relationship with the Word. I was broke once and couldn't afford Kotex so tore pages out of the Bible to use as panty shields-the Gospel of Luke to be precise. You can't get more up close and personal than that- and I'm pretty sure my exposure to the Bible is a hell of alot more than you've had.

So does that mean you are the one people refer to when they say "Holy Cow"?

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#8455 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
It is YOU who have no future other than the Lake of Fire for eternity. You're a loser. That's why you're here. You have nothing else, like all the Bible haters.
So says the crazy man. Your entire time is spent condemning people to hell and splattering them with blood. If anyone thinks that is rational behaviour, then they are as crazy as you. I think a jacket that fastens at the back would really suit you!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#8457 Mar 5, 2013
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
So does that mean you are the one people refer to when they say "Holy Cow"?
Are you the one people refer to when they say "holy crap"?

Location hidden

#8458 Mar 5, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is your father. You will spend eternity in the fire with him.

Location hidden

#8459 Mar 5, 2013
par five wrote:
<quoted text>So says the crazy man. Your entire time is spent condemning people to hell and splattering them with blood. If anyone thinks that is rational behaviour, then they are as crazy as you. I think a jacket that fastens at the back would really suit you!
They will find you:

Matthew 13:41-42 (ESV)
41 The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, 42 and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#8460 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Should we believe you or God?
"God gave them up" "shameless acts" "dishonorable"
Romans 1:26-27 (ESV)
26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
Only gay men will go to heaven.
"These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins (WRT women). These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb." Revelation 14:4

See, no man who has done it with a woman will get into heaven, that eliminates all, well, a lot of, straight men. You might still make it. Well, if it wren't for the fact that only the first fruits are getting in.(Sorry...that's bad.):)

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#8461 Mar 5, 2013
Fundamentalist wrote:
You are first a human being and then you choose a gay lifestyle!!!
You chose yourself in, you can choose yourself out....
Homosexuality is a abomination and the sign of a fallen society.
This liberal mindset is a rotten core of society and will spread, unfortunately it takes society to overall judgement and destruction.
With leadership wooing this rot they have become the rot in society....
LOL. Hey, fundie, choose to be gay. Prove it's a choice.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8462 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
When you pass through death's door you will be singing a different song. It will be more like this:
Matthew 25:30 (NASB)
30 Throw out the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
You don't make that decision. And you have zero evidence to support that. You of all people, a ranting ignorant biblical novice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lewisburg mayor backs same-sex marriage (Nov '13) 3 min Ally 160
Va. to pay $520K to lawyers in same-sex marriag... 4 min Hank 2
Gay sex 'linked to drink and drugs' (Aug '14) 20 min pure_lightness 62
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 23 min Chris Toal 29,153
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 28 min Cali Girl 2014 3,069
Judge Roy Moore Speaks About Alabama Gay Marriage 33 min Judge Roy Moore 49
Bobby Jindal's Love Affair With Hate 38 min Arnold 44
Man takes legal action after Denver baker refus... 38 min Rick in Kansas 576
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr KARLA 68,754
Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay marriage wo... 1 hr Belle Sexton 30
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr cody 57,199
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Rick in Kansas 8,660
More from around the web