Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#8372 Mar 4, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to open a concession selling weapons like swords, knives, and those Klingon hackers.
Okay, I'll sell the beer, popcorn, hot dogs and Irish coffees.

#8374 Mar 4, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
Proverbs 23:9- Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.
I see that proven every time I post simple facts about what the Bible actually says...

#8375 Mar 4, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"Proverbs" is a collection of aphorisms and NOT prophetic utterence.
http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/12400-...
Are you trying to confuse the xians with facts again?
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#8376 Mar 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
"Church of Entitlements"
good one .... government .. the atheist god
The atheist god? Just how stupid are you? Why would an atheist have a god?
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#8377 Mar 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
for you bible scholars ..........
somebody tell me ........
what is the difference between the Church of Revelation 2 and 3 and the church of Revelation 17 ... one is known as the Bride and the other is known as the ....
soon to be led by the False ....
One is a stupid metaphor and the other is an idiotic metaphor.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#8378 Mar 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
Not all are spiritually alive (according to the scripture)... it's why Jesus stated: you MUST be born again .. John 3 ... that which is born of the flesh is flesh (mom-n-dad)... but that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit .. http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/sermons/43-11 .. continue
Born again, eh? How was that second trip down the birth canal? I think it squeezed your head a little too hard.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#8379 Mar 4, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
To those who will burn in Hell, yes.
Let me guess. You got thrown out of the Westboro Baptist church for reasons you don't want to talk about and in order to get back in their good graces you think that if you curse enough people here on topix to hell that they will let you back in.

Am I right?

And if not, can you prove it?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8381 Mar 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
what is the difference between the Church of Revelation 2 and 3 and the church of Revelation 17 ... one is known as the Bride and the other is known as the ....
"The Revelation" is a form of writing called an "apocalypse". It is not a piece of predictions, but symbolic writing designed to get under the radar of Government officialdom. Code.

Everything in it occurred at the time.

Location hidden

#8382 Mar 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
Not all are spiritually alive (according to the scripture)... it's why Jesus stated: you MUST be born again .. John 3 ... that which is born of the flesh is flesh (mom-n-dad)... but that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit .. http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/sermons/43-11 .. continue
"John" is a diaspora pseudepigraphic work that opens with blatant plagiarizing of the hellenized Jewish philosopher, Philo of Alexandria. A polemic against the Sadducee temple cult and pretty in spots, it's not on it's own a valid record.

Soteriology based upon it leads straight to the heresies of Alexandria, Cappadocia and Nicaea.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8383 Mar 4, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Tony. I've been reading and much enjoying your recently posted, excellent comments in this thread. I love the honesty, openness and good-will in the personal accounts you share here. Thank-you.
I just wanted to point out one thing, if I may.
"Spiritually dead" implies a dead spirit, which is likely as improbable as it is highly doubtable.
So to describe this poster's tenacious mud-wittedness and profound state of unenlightenment, it would seem more accurate to say.........
He is UNspiritual: spiritually ignorant and spiritually unaware.
Thanks. "Spiritually dead" is a common phrase used among his ilk. I simply threw it back at him for maximum effect. Google the phrase and you will find many examples.

I used to listen to/read some of the fundie stuff when I was exploring my faith in my early teens. I am left with some of the jargon.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8384 Mar 4, 2013
Government .. the atheist god
Xavier Breath wrote:
The atheist god? Just how stupid are you? Why would an atheist have a god?
we buy you books and we but you books ..

um, it's what you place in that position

........ probably won't get that either

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8385 Mar 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:

Xavier Breath wrote:
One is a stupid metaphor and the other is an idiotic metaphor.
that's okay breath .... you can just say you're to Biblically illiterate to get it .... we understand

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8386 Mar 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It would help if you spoke English.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8388 Mar 4, 2013
snyper wrote:
john" is a diaspora pseudepigraphic work that opens with blatant plagiarizing of the hellenized Jewish hilosopher Philo of alexandria a polemic against the Sadducee temple cult and pretty in spots it's not on its own a valid record soteriology based upon it leads straight to the heresies of Alexandria cappadocia and Nicaea
is there like .. an ignore button on this forum

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8389 Mar 4, 2013
Tony C wrote:
Thanks spiritually dead is a common phrase used among his ilk I simply threw it back at him for maximum effect Google the phrase and you will find many examples I used to listen to read some of the fundie stuff when I was exploring my faith in my early teens I am left with some of the jargon
a better definition of those spiritually alive and dead ........

We do .. however .. speak a message of wisdom among the mature .. but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age .. who are coming to nothing .... No .. we speak of God's secret wisdom .. a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began .... None of the rulers of this age understood it .. for if they had .. they would not have crucified the Lord of glory ... HOWEVER .. as it is written: No eye has seen .. no ear has heard .. no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him .... BUT GOD has revealed it to us by his Spirit .. The Spirit searches all things .. even the deep things of God .... For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him ?.. In the same way no-one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God .... We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God .. that we may understand what God has freely given us ... This is what we speak .. not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit .. expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words ... The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God ..( as demonstrated here ) for they are foolishness to him .. and he cannot understand them .. because they are spiritually discerned .... The spiritual man makes judgments about all things .. but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:.. For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him ?..... But we have the mind of Christ

believe me ... those who are dead will not have a clue as to what this means

they that are of the world hear the world and the world hears them

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8390 Mar 4, 2013
The Spirit and the bride say .. “Come” .. And let the one who hears say .. “Come” .. And let the one who is thirsty come .. let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8391 Mar 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
We do .. however .. speak a message of wisdom among the mature .. but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age .. who are coming to nothing .... No .. we speak of God's secret wisdom .. a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began .... None of the rulers of this age understood it .. for if they had .. they would not have crucified the Lord of glory ... HOWEVER .. as it is written: No eye has seen .. no ear has heard .. no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him .... BUT GOD has revealed it to us by his Spirit .. The Spirit searches all things .. even the deep things of God .... For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him ?.. In the same way no-one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God .... We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God .. that we may understand what God has freely given us ... This is what we speak .. not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit .. expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words ... The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God ..( as demonstrated here ) for they are foolishness to him .. and he cannot understand them .. because they are spiritually discerned .... The spiritual man makes judgments about all things .. but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:.. For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him ?..... But we have the mind of Christ
Well that will wreck some of the poseurs here who think God reveals by a book, rather than by the Spirit.

Location hidden

#8392 Mar 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
The Spirit and the bride say ..“Come”.. And let the one who hears say ..“Come”.. And let the one who is thirsty come .. let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost
The "Bride" is Jewish for the Sabbath, especially the Sabbath meal.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#8393 Mar 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're saying knowledge is God? We already have a word for knowledge. It's called KNOWLEDGE. That's not a god of any kind, nor does it need another name.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#8394 Mar 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are your magical stories any better than the magical stories about Xenu or God on the planet Kolob or Zeus or Thor?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rapper iLoveMakonnen Comes Out As Gay 8 min NOM s Waffle House 1
News Moves to remove gay panic from Queensland law r... 18 min NOM s Waffle House 1
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 20 min June VanDerMark 12,657
News At GOP leaders' urging, Texas Supreme Court wil... 23 min NOM s Waffle House 1
News Gay MP feared he would be barred from politics ... 29 min NOM s Waffle House 1
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 29 min Inquisitor 708
News Ellen DeGeneres, Neil Patrick Harris and other ... 34 min NOM s Waffle House 3
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 47 min Respect71 44,085
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Big C 24,013
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 3 hr Rainbow Kid 364
More from around the web