Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Jake

France

#8347 Mar 3, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe you're mad. I need stress relief. Have one of my fellow queers su:ck your d!ck, i'll feel much better.
You jealous bro?

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Buda, TX

#8350 Mar 3, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
John, John, John....
HE'S a babbling ignoramus. You KNOW that.
Don't take it personally.
Pay him no mind.
Oh I know! Just thought he deserved something along those lines. I just thought it was time for me to throw in my 2 cents. It's always been good. Gotta call a spade a spade sometimes. He's been babbling too long. I just had itchy fingers on the keyboard.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#8351 Mar 3, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>You jealous bro?
He wants to watch.

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Buda, TX

#8352 Mar 3, 2013
MrsMurphy wrote:
<quoted text>FActually, no one cares about what you are sick of. Keep it to yourself and stop whining like a girl.
Factually? Really?

Yes Ma'am.
Who are you stupid people anyway?

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Buda, TX

#8353 Mar 3, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey bro, you mad??
Go away Doc.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#8354 Mar 4, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm found. You are lost.
Still lost looking for Jesus? If your quiet, you can hear him. He is telling you to stop bashing people with the bible.
Brian

Houston, TX

#8355 Mar 4, 2013
Wayne wrote:
Gay marriage,,The return of the Lord is closer and closer,,Hell awaits the sinning homosexuals,,and any other sinner who does not accept Christ and repent.
You are a sad person. I feel sorry for people like you who believe all that nonsense instead of reality.

Nobody is going to Heaven or Hell. They are fictitious places.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#8357 Mar 4, 2013
notreally wrote:
<quoted text>You can explain it to me slowly and I still will never be able to grasp the sort of religion that Jesus is an out to get you type of mean.. I was taught in Baptist church that Christ is loving and forgiving. Everyone that calls out his name is forgiven.. The bible is straight forward, nothing hidden it or no need for a decoder ring. I am capable of reading and understanding the words. These azzhat promote hate and death and misery and retribution and suffering. Jesus of the bible surrounded himself and seeked out sinners. He did not sit in the temples with the priest and pontificate and preen himself over what a great christian he was because nhis daddy was God. I am sick of being attacked because I do not assault others with my Bible. I do not condem others because they are not like me. I do not attack christiens, That is the one I am sick and tired of the most. I do not openly attack any christian on here. I attack these lying frauds who delude themselves into thinking they are christian. And everyone one them was in bed with the Doctor all weekend. NDanger, Sola, Native, Lace, Roman, all of them proved the type of people they are. Just read what was posted this weekend
You got it correct, grand slam over the center field wall. I did read much of what was posted by them and Doctor Demented. I still have the puke taste in my mouth

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8358 Mar 4, 2013
notreally wrote:
<quoted text>You can explain it to me slowly and I still will never be able to grasp the sort of religion that Jesus is an out to get you type of mean.. I was taught in Baptist church that Christ is loving and forgiving. Everyone that calls out his name is forgiven.. The bible is straight forward, nothing hidden it or no need for a decoder ring. I am capable of reading and understanding the words. These azzhat promote hate and death and misery and retribution and suffering. Jesus of the bible surrounded himself and seeked out sinners. He did not sit in the temples with the priest and pontificate and preen himself over what a great christian he was because nhis daddy was God. I am sick of being attacked because I do not assault others with my Bible. I do not condem others because they are not like me. I do not attack christiens, That is the one I am sick and tired of the most. I do not openly attack any christian on here. I attack these lying frauds who delude themselves into thinking they are christian. And everyone one them was in bed with the Doctor all weekend. NDanger, Sola, Native, Lace, Roman, all of them proved the type of people they are. Just read what was posted this weekend
It really IS good to hear that you're not like those publicans over there.

Now, go sell all you have, give the proceeds to the poor and go follow him.

(hint: "forgive" means "given before" you ask. Asking is unnecessary)

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8359 Mar 4, 2013
Not Murphy wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you have alfeady won hell. I guess most gays think hell is a prize, which is why gay suicide and AIDS is so high.
Do you put a picture of your dad over men's faces, so you can imagine incest same sex with your dad? I mean, get real, homosexuality is caused by childhood sexual abuse trauma so what did you win?
Are you that same dickhead with a different name again?

Your assumptions are so stupid and so easily dismissed.

Homosexuality is not caused by childhood sexual abuse. Duh. Most gay people were never abused. Many abused people are not gay. Game over. This is not up for debate. Do your research and stop guessing like a fool. "Oh that sounds good - I guess I'll believe it, because I want to!" Stupid.

Yes, I've already won. I will never get AIDS. I will never commit suicide. I have a fantastic life with my husband, thanks to God.

Sorry that doesn't fit into your little ignorant stereotyping nonsense. But that's reality. My life is blessed, so what did I lose?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#8360 Mar 4, 2013
Religion is also given special status for being a protected class under the Constitution.

If "American Religion" fails, the fault is it's own.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8361 Mar 4, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
'Lost','gay' same thing.
And yet, someone who is "lost" is likely leading a pretty sub-par life - they may be lonely or in a crappy relationship, divorced, etc. They may have addictions. They may not even realize how empty they are. They are thinking in terms of "the world" rather than God.

Someone who is gay has as much potential to be lost or "found" as you put it as someone who is heterosexual.

I am gay, and live a wonderful, blessed life. If I die today, I am content. I don't know a lot of people who can say that.

When you are living life against God, you don't typically have to wait until you are dead to figure that out. There is evidence of it throughout your life.

Show me the downside in my life. Good luck.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8362 Mar 4, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that according to the Bible you are a liar. That's the bottom line. You are Biblically illiterate, and lost.
and you are spiritually dead.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8363 Mar 4, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"Proverbs" is a collection of aphorisms and NOT prophetic utterence.
http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/12400-...
Exactly.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8366 Mar 4, 2013
notreally wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a christian, maybe you should follow your own advice.
I did. Decades ago.
Brian

Alexandria, VA

#8367 Mar 4, 2013
Yes, Christians will always stand against the Church of Entitlements

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8368 Mar 4, 2013
"Church of Entitlements"

good one .... government .. the atheist god

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8369 Mar 4, 2013
for you bible scholars ..........

somebody tell me ........

what is the difference between the Church of Revelation 2 and 3 and the church of Revelation 17 ... one is known as the Bride and the other is known as the ....

soon to be led by the False ....

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#8370 Mar 4, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
and you are spiritually dead.
Greetings Tony. I've been reading and much enjoying your recently posted, excellent comments in this thread. I love the honesty, openness and good-will in the personal accounts you share here. Thank-you.
I just wanted to point out one thing, if I may.
"Spiritually dead" implies a dead spirit, which is likely as improbable as it is highly doubtable.
So to describe this poster's tenacious mud-wittedness and profound state of unenlightenment, it would seem more accurate to say.........
He is UNspiritual: spiritually ignorant and spiritually unaware.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8371 Mar 4, 2013
Not all are spiritually alive (according to the scripture)... it's why Jesus stated: you MUST be born again .. John 3 ... that which is born of the flesh is flesh (mom-n-dad)... but that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit .. http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/sermons/43-11 .. continue

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 19 min Reality Speaks 2,310
News 'Homosexuals aren't gay - they are just possess... 37 min Rainbow Kid 30
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Venus6619 4,741
News LGBTQ Activist Cleve Jones: 'I'm Well Aware How... 1 hr hivaids epidemic 19
News Is Same-Sex Attraction a Sin? 1 hr Wondering 48
News Trump's staff picks disappoint, alarm minority ... 2 hr Sparkz1421 276
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 43,054
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 17 hr Truthsayer1 22,547
More from around the web