Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8022 Feb 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Some cultures made it clear that the Gods ate and drank the fruits of sacrifice, the smoke from the alter was what gave them sustenance.
I wonder if they liked BBQ sauce on their burnt offerings?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8024 Feb 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the born eunuch would have been encouraged to marry, but to what point? If we are talking about an absolute, 100% pure homosexual with no interest in women, and no ability to "fake" that interest, then he would end up being shamed when he was denounced by his still virgin wife. I have not yet done the research as to the custom waaaayyyy back when, but for a long time, a Jewish woman has been able to divorce her husband for non-performance. IF that interpretation of law goes back far enough, then that would have been incentive for a born eunuch to not give in to parental pressure to wed.
Sanhedrin gives a bride the prerogative to issue a bill of divorce in such a case.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#8025 Feb 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am having SUCH a hard time stopping myself from quoting the racist line used in that scene...
lol...I like Mel's Star Wars remake...now that was funny!

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#8026 Feb 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the born eunuch would have been encouraged to marry, but to what point? If we are talking about an absolute, 100% pure homosexual with no interest in women, and no ability to "fake" that interest, then he would end up being shamed when he was denounced by his still virgin wife. I have not yet done the research as to the custom waaaayyyy back when, but for a long time, a Jewish woman has been able to divorce her husband for non-performance. IF that interpretation of law goes back far enough, then that would have been incentive for a born eunuch to not give in to parental pressure to wed.
The second link is a pretty good read for what we're speaking of. Take a read and than consider hiring/buying a eunuch by a Jew 2000 years ago.

http://epistle.us/index.html

http://epistle.us/hbarticles/neareast.html

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#8029 Feb 28, 2013
Rose SoHo wrote:
<quoted text>You are the evidence that hell exists. Pigs need a Troth to go to, rats need a sewer to pollute and without hell wherever would you go? The pigs and rats do not wish to share dwellings with you.
Go away, "Doc". No one wants you here.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8033 Mar 1, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember Jesus calling people losers. Can you post that Scripture?
Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Location hidden

#8034 Mar 1, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Repent of what? Are you telling us that YOU can judge a person's sins over the internet?
Absolutely. Your words will condemn you. MT 12.

Location hidden

#8035 Mar 1, 2013
Tony C wrote:
So what happens if you are wrong and you teach people wrong things and cause their souls to suffer - what do you think will happen to you?
I'll be at least as well off as you. If I'm right you will burn in fire forever. You can't win. But you sure can lose, forever.

Location hidden

#8036 Mar 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Your insults and opinion of the Bible mean nothing too me.
Of course not. Satan has blinded you. He wants you to spend eternity with him.

Location hidden

#8037 Mar 1, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."
Why am I NOT impressed?

Location hidden

#8038 Mar 1, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be at least as well off as you. If I'm right you will burn in fire forever. You can't win. But you sure can lose, forever.
Would you like some BBQ sauce?

Location hidden

#8039 Mar 1, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says that you are a liar:
Not if you read all of it.

Matthew 25:46 (NKJV)
46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment,

Location hidden

#8040 Mar 1, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, let's look at some more verses where the Bbile proves that you are an ignorant liar:
Judith 8:15 For God will not threaten like man, nor be inflamed to anger
Psalm 30:5 For His anger endureth but a moment; in His favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
Micah 7:18 he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.
OT does not overrule NT.

Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand,'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Location hidden

#8041 Mar 1, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide any evidence Satan exists.
You are his slave to lying and insults. You can't stop without Jesus.

Location hidden

#8042 Mar 1, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Argumentum baculum doesn't impress me much. You need to try a little harder.

Location hidden

#8043 Mar 1, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. Satan has blinded you. He wants you to spend eternity with him.
Your mythology makes me laugh.

Location hidden

#8044 Mar 1, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there isn't any evidence of Hell's existence, why worry about it? Hey, shock us all, and provide some evidence Hell exists.
The Bible foretold of the death of National Israel and its resurrection. It also warned of the eternal fire. National Israel is back.

Location hidden

#8045 Mar 1, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO God. Grow up!
Psalm 14:1 (NKJV)
1 The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God."

God called you "fool".

Location hidden

#8046 Mar 1, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your psycho god is imaginary.
Here is what Jesus had to say about his GOD that you reject in preference to your false god of hellfire created for you by the Romans:
Luke 6:27-36 (King James Version)
"27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.
30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful."
Merciful. Perhaps you should look this word up in the dictionary, dollarsbill.
I suspect that your hate of your brothers and sisters who object to your false god of hellfire has clouded your brain and bricked off your heart.
LOVE is the message of the Jewish Jesus and this LOVE is GOD:
1 John 4:8 (King James Version)
"8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."
Reach out to the true GOD, dollarsbill before your hatred of your fellow human beings gives you a fatal stroke.
Hate is not healthy and prevents you from recognizing the GOD that Jesus taught is LOVE!
We all need to get informed as to the evil nature of the Roman hoax of Christianity and it's many derivatives that deny the Jewish GOD and the Jewish Jesus and get involved in restoring true Christianity based on the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel to humanity that is even now being found to be in accord with the latest scientific findings concerning the nature of the Cosmos!
GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!
You will spend eternity in Hell for offering mercy to those who hate God.

Location hidden

#8047 Mar 1, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
OT does not overrule NT.
Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand,'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
If your Jewish it does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do Gay Men Fall in Love With Women (Nov '07) 36 min Lacey 3,329
News ACLU settles lawsuit over 'Some People Are Gay'... 47 min Xstain Fumblement... 18
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr who cares 15,732
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Brian_G 38,720
News If Prince Was A Homophobe, What Does That Make ... 2 hr Mikey 4
News After gay couple's home is egged, a community r... 2 hr Little Robbie 19
News Lesbian pastor, United Methodist Church agree t... 2 hr Love 7
Dying off like flies 3 hr Little Robbie 23
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 5 hr Leo 68,950
More from around the web