Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Sola Scriptura

Hansford, WV

#6989 Feb 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
The walk you take with Jesus is your own choice. I'm not disputing that.
But you see when you say you could choose of whom to be attracted to and whom not to be attracted to, a true homosexual or a true heterosexual cannot make that choice as you say you did.
See, a true homosexual is born with an attraction to the opposite sex. A true heterosexual is born with an attraction to the opposite sex. Either of these two through childhood to adulthood grow into their sexual orientation. And usually a few 'experimental sexual interactions' with the sex their not attracted to affirms to them their attraction and they grow with it and avoid interaction with the other. Understand?
But a person growing up as a child without a specific attraction, able to enjoy sex play and relationships with either sex, that person is a bisexual.
You stated you made "a choice" of whom to have sexual relationships with. A straight hetero or homosexual won't have that capacity to 'choose' as you stated it. Only a true bisexual can choose which orientation to ignore and which to be attracted to.
Understand further for a base to my conversation, I don't believe anyone is born hetero or homo or bi. I believe we are all born with specific attractions and that attraction, it defines us as we learn and discover it's meaning for ourselves and our sexuality and relationship needs from childhood to adulthood.
But your claiming to choose who to be attracted to and whom not to be attracted to would define you as A. a true bisexual or B. a heterosexual that can enjoy sex with both sexes.
Uhhh, you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. A gay chooses whether or not to be gay. Same as bi or lesbian.

Homosexuality, lesbianism or bi is an abomiantion to God. It IS a choice. While everyone is born with the propensity to sin, whether or not it is acted upon is the choice of the individual.

Your explanation is a textbook explanation by the secular world. God says turn from your wicked ways and live. Meaning, CHOOSE YE THIS DAY WHO YOU WILL FOLLOW.

Why did Christ die on the cross? To save mankind from hell, from the deserved judgment that we all deserve. For you to think one is born with specific attractions says you think one is born gay or not.

God told mankind to procreate and multiply. Can a gay do that? Would God let a same sex attraction be inherent in someone? You seem to think so.

All of ones life is made up of choices. For you to say a "true" homosexual is not true. That would mean they are born that way. The thing of it is is this. When one is forgiven of homosexuality, lesbianism or bi-sexuality, that is it. They are no longer gay les or bi. They are a new creature in Christ and to say they continue being gay is to deny the power of Christ's forgiveness.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#6990 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the subject was whether Paul followed Christ or not. Not everyone lives in your little fantasy world of "Nettie Knows All."
The catholic faith is a heretical faith.
Have faith in yourself. Run, walk, limp, roll or crawl to your destiny. If you're nice, other humans will help you on your way if you really need it.
Sola Scriptura

Hansford, WV

#6991 Feb 19, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexually and relationship wise you have unknowingly defined yourself according to modern definitions of sexual orientations.
Sexual orientation definitions have a lot to be considered for I will even agree.
For example, how do you define a person that enjoys sex with males and females but tosses their cookies at the thought of having a romantic relationship with the opposite sex? How do you define a person that enjoys sex with males and females but tosses their cookies at the thought of having a romantic relationship with the same sex?
What about people that can turn on and off their attraction? What about those who are attracted sexually and relationship wise to both sexes and go for decades having sex and a relationship with a single individual? Is that real bisexuality?
What about people born without an attraction to either sex and prefer no sexual or relationship interactions with either sex and prefer to be single? How do you define them? Especially if this type person prefers sex with just the same or opposite or both sexes if they decide they want sex but never any romantic relationships? How do we define them?
Understand people like to define things and actions to explain those 'things and actions' so don't take offense :)
Are you Christian? The forgiveness of Christ wipes away sin. Speaking of homosexuality or lesbianism or bi-sexuality...

Ephesians 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Read that. We were sometimes darkness,,meaning in sins such as homosexuality,,but now we are in the light of Christ. Meaning, no more sinners (Habitual sinners) but children of light. Past sins forgiven and forgotten. Nomore gay or bi.
Sola Scriptura

Hansford, WV

#6992 Feb 19, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I certainly agree with you there ! I'm guessing you're a Lutheran.
Christian. I have been asked this same question before. Or was I a Calvinist. I just follow what I believe the bible to say. I am not familiar with Calvinism or Lutherism?
Sola Scriptura

Hansford, WV

#6993 Feb 19, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Have faith in yourself. Run, walk, limp, roll or crawl to your destiny. If you're nice, other humans will help you on your way if you really need it.
I have faith in Christ. Why should I wait to see if humans think I am worthy of help? They are to full of themselves and have no time for anyone but themselves.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#6994 Feb 19, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian. I have been asked this same question before. Or was I a Calvinist. I just follow what I believe the bible to say. I am not familiar with Calvinism or Lutherism?
I'm born and raised a Lutheran for more than 50 years, and one of the things that Martin Luther is famous for saying is "Sola Scriptura".

(Although he is more famous for saying at the end of each of his sermons: "More Bier ! Katie, more Bier !:)"
Sola Scriptura

Hansford, WV

#6995 Feb 19, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm born and raised a Lutheran for more than 50 years, and one of the things that Martin Luther is famous for saying is "Sola Scriptura".
(Although he is more famous for saying at the end of each of his sermons: "More Bier ! Katie, more Bier !:)"
I say Sola Scriptura because I believe scripture is enough.

More Beir? No idea.
Sola Scriptura

Hansford, WV

#6996 Feb 19, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not want to say I have never heard of Luther or Calvin. One of them nailed something to a catholic church I believe? I just never studied their theology or beliefs.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#6997 Feb 19, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I have faith in Christ. Why should I wait to see if humans think I am worthy of help? They are to full of themselves and have no time for anyone but themselves.
Asian Girl sperring resson.

You spelled too wrong.

You're waiting for Christ so you're waiting anyway. Maybe humans can help sooner.

Try being nice and see what happens. You may find your wait for Christ to be more pleasant.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#6998 Feb 19, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I say Sola Scriptura because I believe scripture is enough.
More Beir? No idea.
At Martin Luther's church was also a brewery which his wife, Katie,(the former Katharina von Bora, also a former Roman Catholic nun), was in charge of.
Sola Scriptura

Hansford, WV

#6999 Feb 19, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
At Martin Luther's church was also a brewery which his wife, Katie,(the former Katharina von Bora, also a former Roman Catholic nun), was in charge of.
Ohhh, ok.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#7000 Feb 19, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not want to say I have never heard of Luther or Calvin. One of them nailed something to a catholic church I believe? I just never studied their theology or beliefs.
TOPIX is a BBS (Bulletin Board Service). In like manner also, churches served as community bulletin boards where people would physically nail paper with an argument (or other things) for discussions.

One of the things that Martin Luther is famous for, is for nailing his "95 Theses" on the door of the All Saints'[Roman Catholic] Church in Wittenberg (in what was then Saxony-Anhalt, which would later become part of Germany, as Germany, as a unified, independent country, did not exist at that time).
Sola Scriptura

Hansford, WV

#7001 Feb 19, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Asian Girl sperring resson.
You spelled too wrong.
You're waiting for Christ so you're waiting anyway. Maybe humans can help sooner.
Try being nice and see what happens. You may find your wait for Christ to be more pleasant.
I am very nice. Or are you telling me to be nice to the atheists and militant gays on Topix? Oh, we could be friends but see, this is a Christian forum. They, and you, think you can come here and bash Christians and just be regular old asshles and Christians to not do anything about it. How about YOU being nice?

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#7002 Feb 19, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very nice. Or are you telling me to be nice to the atheists and militant gays on Topix? Oh, we could be friends but see, this is a Christian forum. They, and you, think you can come here and bash Christians and just be regular old asshles and Christians to not do anything about it. How about YOU being nice?
btw, I used to live in Huntington, West Virginia on 15th Street for a couple of years.

:)

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#7003 Feb 19, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I can be very nice. Think back and truthfully tell me if I've ever called you an abomination.

I am an atheist and a homosexual.

Just because I think your Bible is fiction and I have sex with other girls doesn't mean we can't be friends. Right?

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#7004 Feb 19, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
Oh, we could be friends but see, this is a Christian forum.
See, this is one of your many problems.......seems you can't grasp the concept that this thread is not just in the Christian forum, but in these others as well:
Gay/Lesbian, Religion, Wedding, Roman Catholic Church

Besides, you are hardly nice to ANYONE who isn't in your lil cult clan of bible worshipers!!!

Sorry, but maybe if you had the ability to understand the concept of religion instead just idolizing a book full of words, you might get God's true message!!!

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#7005 Feb 19, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
See, this is one of your many problems.......seems you can't grasp the concept that this thread is not just in the Christian forum, but in these others as well:
Gay/Lesbian, Religion, Wedding, Roman Catholic Church
Besides, you are hardly nice to ANYONE who isn't in your lil cult clan of bible worshipers!!!
Sorry, but maybe if you had the ability to understand the concept of religion instead just idolizing a book full of words, you might get God's true message!!!
He can't comprehend to expand on that because he's been handicapped by his own ignorance.

How ya doin'? Hope all is well with you.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7006 Feb 19, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't prove a single thing you say. Nobody has any reason to listen to you.
It's your neck.

Location hidden

#7007 Feb 19, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>They are the same person, dipshit.
But God changed his name. It was no longer Saul. You are simply mocking Paul and God.

Location hidden

#7008 Feb 19, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I could be there to see your face when you find out you're wrong.
But I'm not wrong. You will soon lose everything. You prove that you don't even have a life now. That's why you're here mocking God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min Frankie Rizzo 37,423
BIG 4th OF JULY EXTRAVAGANZA 4 min Big Omar Fan 5
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 16 min Nopal 987
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 22 min isa 1,017
News Justicea s gay marriage order halts licenses in... 31 min Rose_NoHo 346
News Judge: Indiana must list both moms for children... 36 min Todd 1
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 38 min Frankie Rizzo 13,206
More from around the web