Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6884 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like the catholic church and it's teaching AGAINST homosexuality? And so called catholics like YOU that reject their own churches teachings? You're nothing but a hypocrite.
Catholics are quite free to make their own judgments.

1782 Man has the right to act in conscience and in freedom so as personally to make moral decisions. "He must not be forced to act contrary to his conscience. Nor must he be prevented from acting according to his conscience, especially in religious matters."53
- Catholic Catechism, Moral Conscience

Wayne, it appears now that your real problem is that you believe you should not be bisexual because of your religious beliefs and that is why you hate your own faith.
Yet, you IMO feel you 'have to' believe a certain way or your soul is doomed.
I pity you.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6885 Feb 18, 2013
His-truth wrote:
"Why would Jesus want a church that has branched out so many times with so many conflicting teachings?"
and what the offical RCC teaching on Homosexuality ??.. or howbout Pedophilia ??
She makes her own religion up as she goes. Whatever suits her. According to her, the churches teachings is wrong.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6886 Feb 18, 2013
His-truth wrote:
15,302 posts .... WOW !!!
you should like go outside and throw a frisbee or something
That's from six years of handily slamming douchewads like you.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#6887 Feb 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Bible haters' club don't count. You reject God of the Bible. You have been warned.
Ezekiel 33:9 (KJV)
9 Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
You do know that the four canonical gospels were chosen by Constantine based on a pagan superstition concerning the four corners of the Earth don't you?

Those assembled had to chose only four gospels out of a collection that is known to be at least 20. The other gospels that people accepted were discarded. So it would appear that you are the bible hater as you blindly accept the canon of books chosen for you by a Roman warlord and reject the rest.

And of course I reject your psychotic god of hellfire. No sane person would ever consider such an absurd horror to be real.

And as I have pointed out before, Jesus was Jewish and worshiped the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel whom he taught is LOVE.

LOVE does not burn people for eternity!

My GOD is the GOD of the historical Jesus. Actually it's your GOD too but you have turned away from the true GOD for the false god of the Roman hoax of Christianity that has you trapped in your fear.

Wake up to your true nature as the child of the one true GOD that you are:

Genesis 1:27 (New International Version,©2010)

"27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them. "

You will find that LOVING people instead of judging them is much nicer. We are all in this together. LOVE will heal all of us. Judgment by humans just keeps the hate going that is plaguing the whole earth.

GOD alone is capable of carrying out true justice.

We all need to get informed as to the evil nature of the Roman hoax of Christianity and it's many derivatives that deny the Jewish GOD and the Jewish Jesus and get involved in restoring true Christianity based on the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel to humanity that is even now being found to be in accord with the latest scientific findings concerning the nature of the Cosmos!

GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#6888 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
She makes her own religion up as she goes. Whatever suits her. According to her, the churches teachings is wrong.
You lie.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6889 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
And it sure as shit ain't the catholic church or you.
I love when the evangelicals crack on the catholic church like they're better or something.

We who grew up in the catholic church learned that the "born agains" were wackos.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6890 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar. I could have kept with the same sex but I didn't. I knew I had a choice so I chose GIRLS!!! God bless em'!
Use google, it works.

It is normal for boys that age who are straight to do that.

If that was not the case, then you are either bisexual or closeted, because nobody can choose their orientation.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6891 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot prove it. Period.
Of course I can prove it to a rational person.

However whether or not science can prove it is irrelevant. I know it for a fact as well as I know I was born right-handed. Whether you believe me or not doesn't matter, I know it for a fact.

And I don't lie. Lying to someone gives that person power. It necessarily presumes that person can offer consequences based on what is said. You can't offer any consequences; you're nobody. Hence I have no reason to lie to you. And there are other very easy proofs to show gay people en masse cannot possibly be lying. That is statistically improbable if not impossible.

But whether or not I was born gay is not relevant, either. If I wasn't, I would simply say so, and I would continue fighting for equal rights under the law. That doesn't change the argument. Religion is a choice, who cares if sexual orientation if a choice?(p.s. that's one less reason to lie.)

(see I can just repeat stuff, too.)
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6892 Feb 18, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Oh please, hon.
Do not treat me as though I don't know these things.
I recently read that, now, 75% of American Catholics support same-sex marriage.
As for pedophilia, what a dumb question, hon.
That is a vile crime.
I have posted many, many times that each member of the Catholic Church, be it priest, Bishop, Pope, should be brought to justice for any part they had in these terrible crimes.
BTW, these vile crimes were/are just as serious within the Protestant faith and other faiths as well.
You are one of the most self-important, condescending catholic hypocrites on these boards. It's not that you don't know these things, it's you don't GIVE A SHIT what your own CHURCH says or pope says. Hell Nettie, YOU don't even care what Jesus Christ says about it.

You are of the church of Oprah. You are a LYING teacher and say there are MANY paths to salvation when there is only ONE and that is Jesus Christ.

El Cerrito California

#6893 Feb 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul/God called you "ignorant".
No wonder nobody here on this thread likes your god!

You are the first Paulist that I know of that admits he worships Saul as the psychotic god of hellfire!

The Baal worshipers have nothing on you! You have taken blasphemy and hate of the GOD of Israel to a whole new level!

I admire your honesty even though I find your constant curses against your brothers and sisters sad.

Most of us prefer the real GOD that the historical Jesus said is LOVE.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6894 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
The original also says homosexuality is an abomination. And I do have the original manuscript but you will never see it.
LOL!!!!!!!

Read what it says about lying, bearing false witness, blasphemy...

That's a first - a fundie claiming to have the original bible!!!
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6895 Feb 18, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>You lie.
No, YOU are the liar.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6896 Feb 18, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I love when the evangelicals crack on the catholic church like they're better or something.
We who grew up in the catholic church learned that the "born agains" were wackos.
Ahhhh, another queer catholic used to be. Almost 95% of "Christians" here grew up in a catholic family or attended a catholic church. No wonder there is so much confusion and lies going back qnd forth.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6897 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no comprehension whatsoever. I could have CHOSEN to stay with the same sex but I DIDN'T. I went with women. I was fooling around, experimenting, whatever you want to call it but CHOSE women.
If you're straight, then no, you couldn't have chosen to stay with the same sex.

If you're telling us you were sexually attracted to both, but chose one exclusively for the rest of your life, then you are bisexual.

That is not our experience. Our experience has been only attraction to the same sex. There was no choice involved because there was no attraction to the opposite sex.

That's the difference between bisexual and gay.

It's also the difference between stupid or not, because stupid people automatically assume just because they experienced something, everyone else must experience the same thing in the same way.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6898 Feb 18, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!!!!!
Read what it says about lying, bearing false witness, blasphemy...
That's a first - a fundie claiming to have the original bible!!!
I do have it. It's called the KJV. And before you start your little lie about King James being gay, don't. That lie has already been proven to have originated by his enemies and other queers.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#6899 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one of the most self-important, condescending catholic hypocrites on these boards. It's not that you don't know these things, it's you don't GIVE A SHIT what your own CHURCH says or pope says. Hell Nettie, YOU don't even care what Jesus Christ says about it.
You are of the church of Oprah. You are a LYING teacher and say there are MANY paths to salvation when there is only ONE and that is Jesus Christ.
Jesus never said anything about homosexuals.

I don't know much at all about the 'church of Oprah'.
Any and all who obtain salvation do so through the sacrifice of Jesus, yet, God can and does reach every soul on this planet in His own way.
Countless folks follow God's Voice without even knowing they are doing so.
Why wouldn't these folks have the same chance of salvation as you or I?

You believe in a small God whom you can manipulate.
I believe in a God that is beyond human explanation or understanding; Who loves all His Creation, not just the folks you think He loves.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#6900 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh, another queer catholic used to be. Almost 95% of "Christians" here grew up in a catholic family or attended a catholic church. No wonder there is so much confusion and lies going back qnd forth.
Put your pitchfork down, Wayne.
You do not speak for God.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#6901 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have it. It's called the KJV. And before you start your little lie about King James being gay, don't. That lie has already been proven to have originated by his enemies and other queers.
Wayne, Wayne, Wayne..........
The KJV is not the original Bible.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6902 Feb 18, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I can prove it to a rational person.
.)
No you can't.

“There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles.…”

“Although there is no mention of the research that influenced this new position statement, it is clear that efforts to ‘prove’ that homosexuality is simply a biological fait accompli have failed,” Byrd wrote.“The activist researchers themselves have reluctantly reached that conclusion. There is no gay gene. There is no simple biological pathway to homosexuality.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2009/05/97940/#QtMFezs6U7X...

El Cerrito California

#6903 Feb 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You will spend eternity in Hell fire for calling Jesus a liar.
Matthew 5:22 (KJV)
22 whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
I did not call Jesus a liar and all of my posts are still up here on topix to prove what I have said.

You are one sick puppy, Paul worshiper! You tell me I call Jesus a liar and yet you worship the one that actually does call Jesus a liar and reject the GOD that Jesus said is LOVE.

Get well soon!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court allows Chicago church to fire gay worker ... 20 min Rainbow Kid 8
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 38 min Terra Firma 47,986
News Tim Farron - pretty offensive' for failing to s... 47 min Gay Peace on Earth 3
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 52 min George Justapose 26,110
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 1 hr June VanDerMark 13,368
News Lesbian pastor, United Methodist Church agree t... (Aug '16) 1 hr Wondering 39
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 2 hr guest 1,476
More from around the web