Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6455 Feb 16, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
And no one IS born gay. The missing of the mark comes when one CHOOSES to be gay.
I was born gay, so there goes that little theory.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6456 Feb 16, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible does NOT acknowledge other gods. You are a idiot if you think so. You do not know how to read scripture.
Just how simple minded are you? Satan is no god. The human race is a rebellious lot. They, we..sin enough without throwing satan into the mix. Satan's main ploy is coming when he pretends to be Jesus Christ and folks like YOU will swarm to him like bees to the hive.
THAT is what your Jewish friends are leading you to.
I guess you skipped the ten commandments part.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6458 Feb 16, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too! Anyone who cannot love, and only condemns is NOT a Christian.
All you do is condemn "fundies." It's obvious you are no Christian therefore YOU are irrelevant.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6459 Feb 16, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born gay, so there goes that little theory.
No you weren't and you CANNOT prove it. I don't care if you got queer feelings when you were three years old, at that time you were a little liar anyways just like any other three year old.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6460 Feb 16, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
You call people Satan or say their father is Satan.
Do you hate Satan?
Do the math. You are full of hate for those you think follow Satan. If they follow Satan, is that not the same as being Satan?
Do you hate Satan?
You are spewing hate!
Don't you get that?
No, he is NOT spewing hate. You unrepentant sinners are the one who hate RR and the only reason you hate him is because he calls you what you are. He speaks the truth. You ARE hellbound without Jesus Christ.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#6461 Feb 16, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
They weren't married. Just how pathetic is that. I would like to see your source for that conclusion because it is NOT biblically supported. You have no doubt read some gay commentators opinions.
You asked for it; sugar
Marriage: When the souls of two people become knit as one and they make a covenant with GOD as their witness; etc; etc:
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18 :1> And it came to passe when hee made an ende of speaking vnto Saul, that the soule of Ionathan was knit with the soule of Dauid, and Ionathan loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Ionathan and Dauid made a couenant, because he loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:4> And Ionathan stript himselfe of the robe that was vpon him, and gaue it to Dauid, and his garments, euen to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
1 Samuel 20:41> And assoone as the ladde was gone, Dauid arose out of a place toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, vntill Dauid exceeded.
1 Samuel 20:42> And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer. And hee arose, and departed: and Ionathan went into the citie.
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mightie fallen in the midst of the battell! O Ionathan, thou wast slaine in thine high places.
2 Samuel 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Ionathan, very pleasant hast thou beene vnto mee: thy loue to mee was wonderfull, passing the loue of women.
++++++++++
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#6462 Feb 16, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
No you weren't and you CANNOT prove it. I don't care if you got queer feelings when you were three years old, at that time you were a little liar anyways just like any other three year old.
What sexual orientation were 'you' born with?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#6463 Feb 16, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you. You think you know everything, don't you?
FYI, God is prejudiced against sin and depravity. And He absolutley HATES sins such as homosexuality.
I know truth like that is hardly heard in todays world but guess what? It is prophecied.
Donate your computer to GOD so he can tell us himself

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6464 Feb 16, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I can prove it to a rational person.

However whether or not science can prove it is irrelevant. I know it for a fact as well as I know I was born right-handed. Whether you believe me or not doesn't matter, I know it for a fact.

And I don't lie. Lying to someone gives that person power. It necessarily presumes that person can offer consequences based on what is said. You can't offer any consequences; you're nobody. Hence I have no reason to lie to you. And there are other very easy proofs to show gay people en masse cannot possibly be lying. That is statistically improbable if not impossible.

But whether or not I was born gay is not relevant, either. If I wasn't, I would simply say so, and I would continue fighting for equal rights under the law. That doesn't change the argument. Religion is a choice, who cares if sexual orientation if a choice?(p.s. that's one less reason to lie.)
LowellGuy

United States

#6465 Feb 16, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
All you do is condemn "fundies." It's obvious you are no Christian therefore YOU are irrelevant.
Huh...non-Christians are irrelevant. Please tell us where Jesus said this.
LowellGuy

United States

#6466 Feb 16, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
All three year old children are liars. Fascinating. Your understanding of humanity nearly equals your understanding of the Bible.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#6475 Feb 16, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a seriously screwed up outlook on people in general. First off, people are born gay. Secondly, three year olds are not liars.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#6478 Feb 16, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You are the liar. First off, gays choose to be pedophiles. Secondly, no three year old has ever said that they were gay and any three year old thinking about sex was likely abused by a gay adult.
Exactly how does being gay make you a pedophile? Secondly, just because no 3 year old has ever told you they were gay doesn't mean that people are not born gay. While it would be very unlikely that most three year olds could put into words how they feel, and also very unlikely that a three year old would feel any type of sexual attraction at all. However, even a three year old knows there is a difference in genders, and also knows if they relate more to feminine or masculine behaviors.
I would dare say that most anyone who is homosexual ( and I could be speaking out of turn here, since I am straight) most likely knew at a very young age that there was something different, then it took time for them to put there finger on what it was and then finally a realization.
Bless The Ignorant

Clearlake, CA

#6479 Feb 16, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you being a Paulist, you have no place in judging if a person is a Christian or not. You have absolutely no idea what a Christian is!

Paul taught of a wrathful god of vengeance and eternal hellfire.

Jesus taught of a God of Love and Forgiveness.

You go with Paul and hatefully rant and rave all you want.

The rest of us are here waiting for you, and those like you, to grow up and side with Jesus, the real one, the one that is all about unconditional love. The one you currently despise.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#6481 Feb 16, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You are the liar. First off, gays choose to be pedophiles. Secondly, no three year old has ever said that they were gay and any three year old thinking about sex was likely abused by a gay adult.
What sexual orientation were you born with?

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Buda, TX

#6484 Feb 16, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
<quoted text>At wht age did your dad start having sex with you? How many arms, eyes, legs, feet, nose, and ears were you born with or did you have an accident after you were born and lose a limb or change your physical orientation.
Hey stupid, do you think it is genetically possible for all mammal species to be born gay?
Hey Doc! How many screen names do you have anyway? It must take up a significant amount of you time to set them them all up.
Are you bored or is it your mission in life to be so hateful and cruel and destructive and just plain insane?

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6485 Feb 16, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
<quoted text>No, all gays are liars. You lie about your feelings at three. Only an abussed and molested child has sexual feeligs, straight or gay, so go ask your daddy why. Your nderstanding of abuse nearly equals your decision to be gay
This is just silly. Most gay people were not molested as children. Where do you get this stuff?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#6486 Feb 16, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
At wht age did your dad start having sex with you? How many arms, eyes, legs, feet, nose, and ears were you born with or did you have an accident after you were born and lose a limb or change your physical orientation.
No
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
Hey stupid, do you think it is genetically possible for all mammal species to be born gay?
Happens all the time; all around the world; and in your neck of the woods
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_animals

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#6487 Feb 16, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Doc! How many screen names do you have anyway? It must take up a significant amount of you time to set them them all up.
Are you bored or is it your mission in life to be so hateful and cruel and destructive and just plain insane?
John,
You should get a medal for being on this troll infested forum, today.
Neil Andblowme

West New York, NJ

#6488 Feb 16, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get to make the rules Rosie. The reason you won't acept biblical proof is because you have no defense against it. You on the other hand use worldly explanations to express your secular opinions. So, you don't get to use liberal or secular arguments to bolster YOUR opinions.
Dumbass.
Biblical proof?

[email protected] You cannot prove one single word of the Buybull.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay Twitter Comes for Kentucky's Ark Encounter ... 2 min Rose_NoHo 28
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 3 min George 470
News Gay couple grilled by judge about their sex liv... 26 min Wondering 88
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 39 min Terra Firma 52,101
Great Gays 46 min Gay History Channel 1
News California College Fires Black Gay Man For Twee... 50 min Humphrey 4
Freak Archives 54 min BOZO1 1
News Gay bar opens near Macon Road, drawing visitors... 11 hr Victor Hugo 486
News Gay Teen Vogue editor defends mag's anal sex guide 23 hr TomInElPaso 129
More from around the web