Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16102 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#6027 Feb 14, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the walking talking Cross from the tomb where Jesus was supposedly laid to rest......lol!!!
Talking lumber?? Where do they come up with this stuff?

“THE JOURNEY OF A 1000 MILES”

Since: Aug 08

BEGINS WITH JUST ONE STEP:-)

#6028 Feb 14, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Talking lumber?? Where do they come up with this stuff?
I sent you the information!!!

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#6029 Feb 14, 2013
"Where do they come up with this stuff" ..

no .. "you" come up w/ this "sfuff"

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6030 Feb 14, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you don't mind me saying this, but your posts come across not so much touched by God, but just plain touched. Your beliefs sound like something you should be sharing with trained mental health professionals, not with a public forum. You're free to believe whatever ugliness your little heart desires, but child, you have seriously disturbed false prophet written all over you. You are a walking advertisement for Atheism dear, God must be so proud.
No doubt about it. The Bible is crapola in the hands of such trolls.
Jeff

Pekin, IL

#6033 Feb 14, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can and do call it anti-Christian.
The Jewish Jesus followed the Hebrew scriptures. His whole message was about the OMNIPRESENT GOD that he demonstrated is unconditional LOVE.
The Greek scriptures did not even come into being until several generations after his death.
Paul was a Roman Citizen who distorted the message of Jesus to cater to Rome. Paul never met Jesus and his teachings pretty much contradicted the simple truth of our existence that is stated in a scripture rejected by paulists who mistakenly call themselves Christian:
Luke 17:21 (King James Version)
"21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."
This includes all of life, none are left out.
Hellfire theology was not even added to the scriptures until the book of Revelation was added to the Roman canon by Emperor Justinian over the objections of the current pope at the time.
Emperor Justinian also outlawed the teaching of reincarnation which was a part of Christianity from it's inception.
Emperor Justinian's wife pointed out to him the usefulness of hellfire in controlling his subjects and the problem with reincarnation being something that he could not control are threaten people into submission with. He agreed with her that hellfire was much more useful in controlling his subjects.
You need to study the history of the Greek scriptures and their political reason for being created
Until than you are just another ignorant bible thumping Paulist!
If you want to be a Christian you need to understand the enlightened form of Judaism that Jesus taught.
We all need to get informed as to the evil nature of the Roman hoax of Christianity and it's many derivatives that deny the Jewish GOD and the Jewish Jesus and get involved in restoring true Christianity based on the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel to humanity that is even now being found to be in accord with the latest scientific findings concerning the nature of the Cosmos!
GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!
You remind me of a child lying on the floor flailing his legs and screaming that his mother hates him because she won't buy him candy to add to his obesity and rot his teeth.

The Christian Bible teaches that homosexual behavior is condemned by God and that those who do not repent of it will suffer eternal consequences. From a Christian point of view, affirming or blessing such behavior is contributing to the eternal damnation of those who choose to engage in homosexual behavior. THAT would be hate, not supporting God's Commands.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#6035 Feb 14, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish, because you are a pervert who will burn in Hell forever.
Fallacy: "Argumentum ad Baculum",

Example ...

Claim: Penguins are mammals

Argument: All penguins are mammals. Disagree with me, and I'll cancel your research funding.
Weakness: The claim is false in the first place. The intimidating threat does not pertain to the truth of the claim. In particular, Disagree with me, and I'll cancel your research funding states an intention that is connected to the condition of penguins only within the scope of threat. The false claim that penguins are mammals, however, may well be a reason to assess who holds this view and conducts research on penguins -- unless the aim of the research is to disprove that penguins are birds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_ba...

Location hidden

#6036 Feb 14, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't you speak for yourself rather that posting links? How do you think you got into the mess you're in?
They are called "support" for a position, refutation or point.

Can't you LEARN?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6037 Feb 14, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>You remind me of a child lying on the floor flailing his legs and screaming that his mother hates him because she won't buy him candy to add to his obesity and rot his teeth.
The Christian Bible teaches that homosexual behavior is condemned by God and that those who do not repent of it will suffer eternal consequences. From a Christian point of view, affirming or blessing such behavior is contributing to the eternal damnation of those who choose to engage in homosexual behavior. THAT would be hate, not supporting God's Commands.
Hi David. Welcome back.

Your post is very stupid and funny. ROTFLMAO
The Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

#6038 Feb 14, 2013
Jeff aka David Moore the Closet-Case Pekin Troll wrote:
Just because you're still bitter that your ex-wife won't let you anywhere near your own kids anymore doesn't mean you should take it out on the rest of us, David Moore.

No wonder you're divorced. LOLAY!

Location hidden

#6039 Feb 14, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally ignorant.
Yes. You are.

Yes. We sing it. In the course of two years, ALL of it. From memory.

Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#6040 Feb 14, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us know when you are plunged into Hell fire. Oh, but nobody will be listening to you but those with you. That is all you have, Hell.
Your homophobia is showing

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#6041 Feb 14, 2013
The Illinois Senate passed a measure Thursday to legalize same-sex marriage, voting 34-21!!!!!

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#6042 Feb 14, 2013
His-truth wrote:
"Where do they come up with this stuff" ..
no .. "you" come up w/ this "sfuff"
Naw NorCal sent me the scriptures, a talking cross. To funny.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#6043 Feb 14, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
The Illinois Senate passed a measure Thursday to legalize same-sex marriage, voting 34-21!!!!!
Awesomeness!
Born Again Gay

Alpharetta, GA

#6044 Feb 14, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
Its another Miracle!
Thank you GOD; for protecting and watching over us; in this Land of Homophobic Rednecks and Snarling Evangelical Fundies
Amen; and Amen

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#6046 Feb 14, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
Yeppers, there is dancing in the streets. All we had to do was tell the idiots in Springfield to do what was right.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

#6047 Feb 14, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY .. those w/out the Spirit of God would not understand .. the Bible tells us so .. some call it "willful ignorance" but I think it's more of a Spiritual deadness .. however .. no surprize here ..
What a big pile of horseshit. Only those with the magic decoder ring can decipher it, eh?

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#6048 Feb 14, 2013
Read Gospel according to Peter:
>> 10. When therefore those soldiers saw it, they awakened the centurion and the
>> elders, for they too were close by keeping guard. And as they declared what
>> things they had seen, again they saw three men come forth from the tomb, and
>> two of them supporting one, and a cross following them. And the heads of the
>> two reached to heaven, but the head of him who was led by them overpassed the
>> heavens. And they heard a voice from the heavens, saying, You have preached to
>> them that sleep. And a response was heard from the cross, Yes.
>> http://web.archive.org/web/20090402181712/htt ...
>> y/apocryphas/nt/peter.htm

Talking lumber, too funny. Man Peter musta been smokin a fine blunt

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#6049 Feb 14, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
You have succesfully compiled a "scriptural interpretation of babbel" with adherants of eactly one member...yourself.
You have no creed, nor intellectual tradition, nor adherants, nor academic authority, nor credibility amoung the educated and acredited theologians.
If one were to take your opinions seriously one would be left with nothing more than your opinion and any given time.
Unfortunatley for you Christianity is a lived faith, practiced for thousands of years with leterally billions of adherants.
It has an authoritative tradition that contains not only its own understanding of scripture but compiled those scriptures, not only its own theology, but hundrends of universities (hell the CHristian tradition invented the modern university system)
Silly child, any reputable scholar would agree with most of my points. Yes, xianity has had billions of followers over the years, but reality is not a popularity contest. The facts do not change no matter how many ignorant folks wish otherwise.

Oh, and the only places that even attempt to teach anything like Biblical inerrency are those few places that place doctrinal purity over academic honesty. Every place else, including the majority of xian colleges recognize the fact that the Bible CANNOT be treated as some sort of infallible history book.

Is it "inspired" in any way, shape or form? That can be debated to no end. Atheists will cheerfully say "NO", Jews, Christians and Muslims giving various degrees of a yes answer. That is not what I am here to deal with.

What I will point out is that IF it is inspired, then that inspiration MUST begin with the Torah, the Five Books of Moses. If they are not inspired, then NONE of it is. So, starting with the assumption that the Torah might have been inspired to some degree or another, we have to accept the notion that it means what it says. IF it means what it says, then there is the possibility that the prophets have something meaningful to say.

However, if the Torah is inspired, if the prophets have anything meaningful to say, then christianity is a crock of fecal matter that CANNOT possibly be true: xianity contradicts far too many of the central point from the Torah and the prophets to have ANY validity at all.

The Torah demands that the children of Israel worship one and only one God, the God that was taught to the children of Israel by Moses, and they were to worship him in the manner taught, without change, for ever. The Torah defined all sins; anything not listed in the Torah is not a sin, anything listed in the Torah will be a sin always and forever. Sins are forgiven in the manner specified in the Torah (blood sacrifice, or sacrifice without blood if that is the only thing possible, or merely through heartfelt prayer if that is the only thing that the sinner has to offer). Indeed, the prophets say that it is far better to offer nothing more than a sincere prayer than to offer a sacrifice without meaning it.

The Torah forbids the worship of any man, or anything else from the earth, the sky or the heavens. The Torah forbids ever adding to or taking away anything from the Torah. What Moses taught the Jews to do is what Jews are supposed to be doing long after the Messiah comes and is returned to dust.

Here's a hint for you: read the first 8 chapters of Deuteronomy and see if there is anything in there that contradicts what I have said here. After that, read the rest of Deuteronomy - it makes this point over and over again.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#6050 Feb 14, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Comparing "bigfoot" with the Bible? Pathetic.
At least there are photos of bigfoot...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 2 min Honey Bee 3,512
News Judge jails Kentucky clerk for refusing marriag... 20 min Imprtnrd 168
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 25 min District 1 386
News Kentucky clerk, citing God, defies courts on ga... 33 min Imprtnrd 54
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 1 hr EdmondWA 635
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 1 hr Pietro Armando 8,801
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 2 hr Thinking 30
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr NoahLikesPi 25,985
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 10 hr TomInElPaso 111
More from around the web