Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#5665 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your denial does not change the fact that the Bible is God's words. Not a bit. And you can't prove the Bible is not God's words.
Well the bible does say that it was written by men. Truth be told that's kind of telling don't you think?

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#5666 Feb 13, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't work
We're all still here
And I'm glad. You may still have opportunity to obtain salvation through Jesus the Savior. Or you may not.

Romans 1:26-27 (KJV)
26 For this cause GOD GAVE THEM UP unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Romans 1:28 (KJV)
28 "God gave them over to a reprobate mind,"

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5667 Feb 13, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Being gay is not a sin nor an abomination nor just another stupid choice like sola scriptura fundamentalism.
Who should we believe? You or God?

26 For this cause GOD GAVE THEM UP unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5668 Feb 13, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Well the bible does say that it was written by men. Truth be told that's kind of telling don't you think?
"God said":

Matthew 15:4 (NASB)
4 "For GOD SAID,'HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER,' and,'HE WHO SPEAKS EVIL OF FATHER OR MOTHER IS TO BE PUT TO DEATH.'
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#5669 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"God said":
4 "For GOD SAID,'HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER,' and,'HE WHO SPEAKS EVIL OF FATHER OR MOTHER IS TO BE PUT TO DEATH.'
So, you support honor killings? Really?
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#5670 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals were executed by God's command in the OT. All of your translation gymnastics cannot change it. Gays are condemned by the God of the Bible.
When did death stop being the appropriate method of dealing with homosexuals and why? If it weren't illegal, would you murder gay people because God says to do it? Do you support honor killings?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#5671 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Who should we believe? You or God?
That doesn't say anything about homosexuality. It speaks about homosexual activity. I will not weigh in on that subject.

By the way, this is the twenty-first century. Women are not to be 'used', regardless of what the Bible says.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5672 Feb 13, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you support honor killings? Really?
You totally missed the point. "God said".

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#5673 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"God said":
WTF, you want to kill me.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5674 Feb 13, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
When did death stop being the appropriate method of dealing with homosexuals and why? If it weren't illegal, would you murder gay people because God says to do it? Do you support honor killings?
God gave us the New Covenant. No death penalty therein.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#5675 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that tears it. I am so at war with that god. Who does he think he is?

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#5676 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"God said":
That passage was copied from Mark or perhaps an earlier source.
What's it about, if you don't mind me asking.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5677 Feb 13, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't say anything about homosexuality. It speaks about homosexual activity. I will not weigh in on that subject.
By the way, this is the twenty-first century. Women are not to be 'used', regardless of what the Bible says.
Read it again until you understand it. "Men with men".

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#5678 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is not God.
The skull of an adult male musk ox is three inches thick.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5679 Feb 13, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>WTF, you want to kill me.
You're MUCH more likely to kill yourself.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5680 Feb 13, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
That passage was copied from Mark or perhaps an earlier source.
What's it about, if you don't mind me asking.
"God said"

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5681 Feb 13, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is not God.
The skull of an adult male musk ox is three inches thick.
Nobody said it is. Bible haters can't even see how confused they are. Demons are attacking your minds. You cannot comprehend.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#5682 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You're MUCH more likely to kill yourself.
Why would I do that? I am in no hurry to go to the land of beer volcanoes. It sounds nice, but hey it can wait. Your god is some what demented and down right mean

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#5683 Feb 13, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Why would I do that? I am in no hurry to go to the land of beer volcanoes. It sounds nice, but hey it can wait. Your god is some what demented and down right mean
Again, you missed the point. You cannot comprehend.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#5684 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you missed the point. You cannot comprehend.
No I understood your post, you and your god want to kill me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 13 min guest 1,638
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 22 min Frogface Kate 364
News AIDS Walk New York and Gay Men's Health Crisis:... 1 hr Rev Don Wildmoan 10
News Two men caned in Indonesia for gay sex 1 hr Sonny 1
Gay oovoo (Dec '12) 3 hr Mrmeeseeks 63
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 hr The Troll Stopper 25,593
News A look at the judges who will rule on Trump's t... 4 hr The Troll Stopper 170
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 hr The Troll Stopper 5,941
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 hr Frankie Rizzo 49,151
News More 11 hr Little Cheerleader 15
More from around the web