Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16102 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5644 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
And now you know what the Bible says about homosexuals.
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NASB)
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
Your copyrighted 'bible' is a fake printed after September 30, 1952
Compare with the same passage from the Authorized King James Bible:
++++++++++
1 Corinthians 6:9> Know yee not that the vnrighteous shall not inherite the kingdome of God? Be not deceiued: neither fornicatours, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselues with mankinde,
1 Corinthians 6:10> Nor theeues, nor couetous, nor drunkards, nor reuilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
++++++++++

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#5645 Feb 13, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Your copyrighted 'bible' is a fake printed after September 30, 1952
Compare with the same passage from the Authorized King James Bible:
++++++++++
1 Corinthians 6:9> Know yee not that the vnrighteous shall not inherite the kingdome of God? Be not deceiued: neither fornicatours, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselues with mankinde,
1 Corinthians 6:10> Nor theeues, nor couetous, nor drunkards, nor reuilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
++++++++++
You're gonna lose. Every English Bible I have read condemns gays. The KJV, "reprobate mind".

Romans 1:26-28 (KJV)
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; MEN WITH MEN working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#5646 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you here? Answer: you don't have a life.
Why am I on the Gay/Lesbian Forum?

Do you need 3 guesses?

Would you like a clue?

We have lollipops.

Wanna stay?

Location hidden

#5647 Feb 13, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why am I on the Gay/Lesbian Forum?
Do you need 3 guesses?
Would you like a clue?
We have lollipops.
Wanna stay?
You are here to attack God's word, the Bible. Get a life, if you can.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5648 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally unBiblical. The eternal fire is awaiting gays. God's angels will soon hunt them down.
Matthew 13:40-42 (NASB)
40 So just as the tares are gathered up and burned with fire, SO SHALL IT BE AT THE END OF THE AGE. 41 "The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, 42 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
GOD lives in the Garden of Eden and only lets gays inside so we don't have to put up with homophobic bullies like you for an eternity
We've already replaced the talking snakes with feather boas and spruced up the place with a makeover

Location hidden

#5649 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one is God's word?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5650 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You're gonna lose. Every English Bible I have read condemns gays. The KJV, "reprobate mind".
Romans 1:26-28 (KJV)
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; MEN WITH MEN working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Yeppers
This is what happens to you homophobes when you break the Ten Commandments
We're born that way already; so its funny when you homophobes try to mimic us
You're not very good at it

Location hidden

#5651 Feb 13, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD lives in the Garden of Eden and only lets gays inside so we don't have to put up with homophobic bullies like you for an eternity
We've already replaced the talking snakes with feather boas and spruced up the place with a makeover
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zKAW96N-VmsXX
Homosexuals were executed by God's command in the OT. All of your translation gymnastics cannot change it. Gays are condemned by the God of the Bible.

Location hidden

#5652 Feb 13, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one is God's word?
The one's you attack.

Location hidden

#5653 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The one's you attack.
I can't attack what's not there.

Show me one, just one, word that God wrote.

Is there no one else?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5654 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
No; sugar
We're here to chat about gay civil marriage
Civil marriage has nothing to do with your religious fantasies
Churches don't sell marriage licenses anywhere in America
$35 marriage licenses are sold only by county courthouses and some city halls. By law, religion is neither mentioned nor required anywhere on a civil marriage license or license application
This assures equal opportunity to marry for people with no religion; and for people of all the World's religions; not just for evangelical fundamentalists
Its the American Way
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5655 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals were executed by God's command in the OT. All of your translation gymnastics cannot change it. Gays are condemned by the God of the Bible.
It didn't work
We're all still here

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#5656 Feb 13, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
No; sugar
We're here to chat about gay civil marriage
Civil marriage has nothing to do with your religious fantasies
Churches don't sell marriage licenses anywhere in America
$35 marriage licenses are sold only by county courthouses and some city halls. By law, religion is neither mentioned nor required anywhere on a civil marriage license or license application
This assures equal opportunity to marry for people with no religion; and for people of all the World's religions; not just for evangelical fundamentalists
Its the American Way
Here, same sex marriage has been legal for over a decade across the entire country. We have no specials laws for it, it's simply marriage, between 2 consenting adults who love each other.

In time, the U.S. will follow as most civilised countries already have.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#5657 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. But that doesn't mean God won't send them to Hell. Romans 1 condemns all gays.
Romans 1
26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper,
Being gay is not a sin nor an abomination nor just another stupid choice like sola scriptura fundamentalism. It's just the way people are to a greater or lesser degree.

Holy mackerel! Tomorrow is Valentines day.

Fun story: Five or six years ago I showed up in the manufactuing plant with some heart shaped boxes of candy for the workers. My boss noticed this and asked what that was all about. I told him it's February 15th and all this stuff is half price. He asked if the guys wouldn't think that's kind of queer. I told him no and he asked why not. I told him 'Because half of them are queer. Didn't you know that?" The other half was from El Salvador. People stick together, in case you haven't noticed.

One of these days I'm gonna give Carlos a big old kiss just to piss off the fundies. Thursday might be a good day. Valentine candy will be half off, after all.

Location hidden

#5658 Feb 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's he at now?

Is he resting again?

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#5659 Feb 13, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only judge them by their posts. Yes, heathen anti-Christian trolls will *high-five and defend* one another.
Do you enjoy mocking and disgracing Christianity to get your *giggles*? Are you getting good *giggles* tonight?
You're just jealous because my faith bears fruit. The unproductive branches will be cut away. The Bible says that.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#5660 Feb 13, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just jealous because my faith bears fruit. The unproductive branches will be cut away. The Bible says that.
Oh never mind him, he is not to smart. He cant understand that The FSM is not a false god. So don't expect him to understand your god. He just runs around posting gibberish.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#5661 Feb 13, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh never mind him, he is not to smart. He cant understand that The FSM is not a false god. So don't expect him to understand your god. He just runs around posting gibberish.
Pikkiwok, too, offers eternal happiness plus a fat little pig and all the coconuts you can carry though I admit I am also fond of beer and pasta. As far as I know, Papua New Guinean saints don't wear clothes neither here nor in the hereafter so the stripper factory is kind of a wash.

Location hidden

#5662 Feb 13, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't attack what's not there.
Show me one, just one, word that God wrote.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BMx_p98T6C4XX
Is there no one else?
Your denial does not change the fact that the Bible is God's words. Not a bit. And you can't prove the Bible is not God's words.

Location hidden

#5663 Feb 13, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
No; sugar
Then why are you? It won't help you any. It is still written.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... (Mar '15) 9 min Termiraider 7,289
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 14 min who cares 3,292
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 18 min Frankie Rizzo 68,566
News Kentucky clerk asks Supreme Court to intervene ... 19 min NorCal Native 52
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 21 min Frankie Rizzo 25,941
News Kentucky Marriage License Dispute 'Up To Courts... 37 min WasteWater 32
News Will clerk issue gay marriage licenses after co... 39 min WasteWater 46
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 1 hr NoahLikesPi 377
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 1 hr WasteWater 89
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 2 hr NoahLovesU 547
More from around the web