Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

“Watching for Wolves~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4636 Feb 8, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just tell us...are there people who never sin? Because, the Bible says there aren't. Even Jesus sinned. But, maybe you disagree with the divinely inspired word of God?
Prove it by the Word of God. I say you are a liar .....

“Watching for Wolves~”

Location hidden

#4637 Feb 8, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>\
Laci isn't living in the real world, ignore her/him/it.
I hope they take your advice and I hope you follow it as well....I am a "she" and you are a "devil."

“Watching for Wolves~”

Location hidden

#4638 Feb 8, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Laci.....it is you that lie in every post you make......and I don't care how many HI-FIVES you and your clan give to each other......all that proves is that NONE of you know God's message.......but all of you THINK you can SPEAK for God........and ya can't!!!
Actually Norcal......you are still in "make-believe world" I don't lie, why should I? The truth gets you all bent out of shape..........Lol.

Since: Dec 09

United States

#4639 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
No originality at all? Same questions again and again and again?
I believe that God will get the gospel to everyone that would accept it no matter where they are in the world. After all, He is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient.
The scriptures are clear though......Jesus Christ is the ONLY way into Heaven. You won't get in any other way.
RR: "The scriptures are clear though......Jesus Christ is the ONLY way into Heaven."

There you go again........
Cite a single passage that says word-for-word verbatim: "Jesus Christ is the ONLY way into Heaven."

ANYwhere He is, Heaven is.
Do you know THAT?

Knock-knock.

“Watching for Wolves~”

Location hidden

#4640 Feb 8, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you think it might be possible for that one God to tailor His message for each individual person? Especially since He created such a variety of human beings.
Or do you think that all those that don't share share your unique beliefs are the children of Satan?
God is the same yesterday, today and forever......what was sin then is sin now. There is no argument when it comes to what God says.......He wins every time.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#4642 Feb 8, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember this: God's moral standard is perfection 24/7. Not only must the action be perfect but so must the attitude and desire. This is the standard and your "high moral character" standard is like comparing the surface of the sun with the dark side of moon.
You're the last person to be telling anyone to be perfect when you have yet to reach perfection, yourself. The standard is to put our faith, hope, and love in Jesus Christ and be saved by his perfection, not yours.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#4643 Feb 8, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
RR: "The scriptures are clear though......Jesus Christ is the ONLY way into Heaven."
There you go again........
Cite a single passage that says word-for-word verbatim: "Jesus Christ is the ONLY way into Heaven."
ANYwhere He is, Heaven is.
Do you know THAT?
Knock-knock.
Go read the entire New Testament.....are you kidding me? Your father, Satan, is lying to you when he tells you that all ways lead to Heaven.
----------
John 14:6- Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
----------
John 11:25-26
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
----------
Acts 4:12- Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#4644 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually Norcal......you are still in "make-believe world" I don't lie, why should I? The truth gets you all bent out of shape..........Lol.
Man, I have to go get my wading boots on.....the shiet is rising tonight on topix......lol!!!!

I think you lie because it comes natural with regards to your beliefs and you can't understand why others don't believe as you do........well, that might be true if you told any truth, but mostly what you give is your personal religious beliefs based on a mythical book.......and though I disagree with you, I also know you have the right to your mythical beliefs........and I am incredibly thankful everyday that folks like you continue to show me why leaving formalized religion was one of the best things I've ever done in my life:-)

Peace!!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4645 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you'll just copy/paste from the same old tired anti-Christian sites. Yawn..........learn to think for yourself!
I fully admit that I believe the bible is the 100% true, inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God.
I don't copy-paste anything but links to sites, and the occasional quote (always properly ascribed) from famous people.

Biblicism, Inerrency and Sola Scriptura are self-refuting tautologies, and heretical.

Gotta go. 10 minutes to Lauds and Prime.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#4646 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it by the Word of God. I say you are a liar .....
It's not nice to call people liars.

Luke 18:19 (New International Version,2010)

"19 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good, except God alone."

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#4647 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>God is the same yesterday, today and forever......what was sin then is sin now. There is no argument when it comes to what God says.......He wins every time.
Laci Ann. What are you doing on the lesbian forum?

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Del Valle, TX

#4648 Feb 8, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, aborted fetuses go to hell?
Romans cannot answer you because Romans has no thoughts or ideas of his/her own. Romans has been brainwashed and finds comfort in a paranoid megalomaniac philosophy of some loony tangent of Christianity. He/she is a coward and very much afraid to have an original thought. If Romans deviates from his/her delusions he/she will end up in some fictitious lake of fire for eternity.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4649 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Go read the entire New Testament.....are you kidding me? Your father, Satan, is lying to you when he tells you that all ways lead to Heaven.
----------
John 14:6- Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
----------
John 11:25-26
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
----------
Acts 4:12- Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
The Johanine collection is all psuedeponymous/pseudepigraphic . This lowers it's weighting.

Acts is part of the gentile Sauline collection.

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Del Valle, TX

#4650 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>God is the same yesterday, today and forever......what was sin then is sin now. There is no argument when it comes to what God says.......He wins every time.
Ok, but...

So do you think it might be possible for that one God to tailor His message for each individual person? Especially since He created such a variety of human beings.
Or do you think that all those that don't share your unique beliefs are the children of Satan?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4651 Feb 8, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the last person to be telling anyone to be perfect when you have yet to reach perfection, yourself. The standard is to put our faith, hope, and love in Jesus Christ and be saved by his perfection, not yours.
Don`t get me wrong. I am far far from being perfect.

Since: Dec 09

United States

#4652 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>There is one God.....the Father of creation. The devil is the god of this world. That being said.......God has children and Satan has children. They each have the characteristic of who they serve.
Laci: "The devil is the god of this world. That being said..."

Good evening, Laci.
Would you kindly cite scripture that contends "the devil is the GOD of this world", or refers to the devil being god.

I'm not disputing you. I'm just interested.

#4653 Feb 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The Johanine collection is all psuedeponymous/pseudepigraphic . This lowers it's weighting.
Acts is part of the gentile Sauline collection.
Wow, you are smart........you believe the anti-Christian trash sites. Good job!!!!<<<<<--- ------I was being sarcastic.....sadly I actually have to explain that comment to them.

Bubba the atheist learned from Cletus the Satanist who learned from Bobby Joe the Agnostic who had someone's "banned from church for being a scumbag" friend tell him that the bible was a forgery.......man that's some good proof!!!!!!<<<< <<-----I was being sarcastic again....sigh.

#4654 Feb 8, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Laci Ann. What are you doing on the lesbian forum?
This thread is in the main Christian area.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#4655 Feb 8, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Don`t get me wrong. I am far far from being perfect.
Have we met?

Hi, I'm River.

#4656 Feb 8, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Laci: "The devil is the god of this world. That being said..."
Good evening, Laci.
Would you kindly cite scripture that contends "the devil is the GOD of this world", or refers to the devil being god.
I'm not disputing you. I'm just interested.
This verse is obviously referring to Satan:

2 Corinthians 4:4- In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 47 min RevKen 26,691
Gay couples exchange vows in Montana after ruling 55 min Zamby 126
Comedian Margaret Cho to headline at San Jose I... 56 min FaFooey 20
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 58 min RevKen 40
Supreme Court won't stop gay marriages in Florida 2 hr NorCal Native 10
Seoul's Mayor Apologizes for Nixing Gay Rights ... 2 hr Ainu 23
Supreme Court allows gay marriage to proceed in... 3 hr Otter in the Ozarks 1
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 4 hr Pope Bennie s Closet 4,999
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 4 hr KiMerde 2,836
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr Rick in Kansas 5,455
TOWIE boys say Balls to Cancer by stripping NAK... 13 hr EdmondWA 12
More from around the web