Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“No stalking allowed.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4617 Feb 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the heresy of Manicheism.
No.....

MANICHAEISM

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4618 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>There is one God.....the Father of creation. The devil is the god of this world. That being said.......God has children and Satan has children. They each have the characteristic of who they serve.
Jesus sits are the Right Hand of God and rules NOW, Laci, not later.
Satan/devil/Lucifer, etc., only has the power to do what God allows.
Nothing more.
Now I see where this "I want to go 'home'" stuff comes from.

“No stalking allowed.”

Location hidden

#4619 Feb 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
1John is a highly disputed piece of writing.
So is every scripture that the Christians post on here........yet, I believe.

“No stalking allowed.”

Location hidden

#4620 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what Satan worshipers think about me. I'm glad you Satanists don't like me. Amen!!!!
I agree! To fit in with this crowd is not what I want at all!

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#4621 Feb 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
1John is a highly disputed piece of writing.
Yes we are well aware of Satan's game of "disputing the proven writers of the Word of God". Yawn, come on Satanists.......you have to actually make your case.
Logic Lessons 4 Fundies

Alpharetta, GA

#4622 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>It is you that has been caught in the gay trap of satan.......he laughs at you pawns. He hates you more then you hate Christians. The GOD we serve loves and will uphold us with His righteous Right Hand. I know this to be the truth, that is why nothing you can ever say, will ever make His ppl doubt. That is where our strength comes from.....from God. Smiling......thanking......lov ing God through it all.
Gay guys are born with the same sex orientation your 'mother' was born with; attracted to men
Perhaps you should ask your mother if your are a child of Satan's trap and see what she says about it
Let us know what she tells you ;o))

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#4623 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text> confronting sin is not wrong and I will not allow you to bully me into backing down, from what I know is wrong! These are the Christian threads, if you don't want to read my post by all means scroll right on by. Just know this until I decide to leave here, I will be calling SIN-SIN!
Get use to it, live with it.......what ever.
And I too am Christian, so get off your high horse. Since when is telling someone they are wrong, making them a bully ?
Seems to me that you are just pissed that I corrected you and you know I'm right.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4624 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>No.....
MANICHAEISM
Yours is the Latin spelling variant. Still ...
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#4625 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Now to deal with the Night shift Nut.....oh, I forgot your on the day shift too!
Nettie just because you are spineless doesn't mean I am. You are the biggest coward on here. Afraid to offend your little cohorts so you think it better to offend God! Get a life, you are on here more then the mods!
Just tell us...are there people who never sin? Because, the Bible says there aren't. Even Jesus sinned. But, maybe you disagree with the divinely inspired word of God?

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4626 Feb 8, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> And I too am Christian, so get off your high horse. Since when is telling someone they are wrong, making them a bully ?
Seems to me that you are just pissed that I corrected you and you know I'm right.
\

Laci isn't living in the real world, ignore her/him/it.

Location hidden

#4627 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>So is every scripture that the Christians post on here........yet, I believe.
The Johanine collection as a whole is pseudeponymous/pseudepigraphic , which decidedly lessens the weight they should be accorded, but there are other important concerns as well regarding content.

Location hidden

#4628 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what Satan worshipers think about me. I'm glad you Satanists don't like me. Amen!!!!
Entirely irrational and self-centered.
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#4629 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>So is every scripture that the Christians post on here........yet, I believe.
How do you know that everything in the Bible should be, and that everything left out (which version, by the way?) shouldn't be in it? Without circular reasoning, if it's not too much trouble.

Location hidden

#4630 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we are well aware of Satan's game of "disputing the proven writers of the Word of God". Yawn, come on Satanists.......you have to actually make your case.
You've just made some assertions. Your assertions. You prove them.

Ask me to support mine and I will.

Right now, it's time to sing vigils.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#4631 Feb 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You've just made some assertions. Your assertions. You prove them.
Ask me to support mine and I will.
Right now, it's time to sing vigils.
No, you'll just copy/paste from the same old tired anti-Christian sites. Yawn..........learn to think for yourself!

I fully admit that I believe the bible is the 100% true, inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#4632 Feb 8, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge Reinhardt doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to appeals. In 1997 SCOTUS reversed seven opinions that Reinhardt has either written or been party to, all seven unanimously. Between 1994 and 2004 Reinhardt was party to a whopping 53 decisions reversed by the supreme court. In the last term, of 26 appeals of 9th Circuit court opinions, the Supreme court overturned 18, which is 70%. To make matters worse, Judge Reinhardt was on the panel for six cases and all six were reversed by SCOTUS. which, for those weak in basic math, is 100%. Reinhardt wrote the majority opinion in three of those cases and all three were unanimously overturned. Of the other three, one was overturned unaimously and two by a 5-4 conservative vote.
"When I try to count the votes in favor of same-sex marriage on the Supreme Court, I have trouble getting to one."
Constitutional law scholar Andrew Koppelman
“The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals is the most overturned circuit in the country, and Judge Stephen Reinhardt, the author of today’s absurd ruling (Prop 8) is the most overturned federal judge in America. Today’s ruling is a perfect setup for this case to be taken by the US Supreme Court, where I am confident it will be reversed."
Constitutional scholar John Eastman
“If there is such a right(same sex marriage) it will have to be manufactured by the justices out of whole cloth."
Richard Posner of the Seventh U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
Posner has been called "the world’s most distinguished legal scholar."
It matters not what you think you know or if Justice Reinhardt is overturned every single time.....which would be a false statement, but hey that doesn't matter to you, does it?

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals is the most overturned because it sees the most appeals and has the largest territory......so, again how many cases have you argued in front of the United States Supreme Court and won?

Again, if that particular question was being asked in front of SCOTUS, well, then you might have a point......but seeing as "GAY" or "SAME-SEX" marriage simply DOESN'T exist.......that's not the question being asked.......in fact in the DOMA case the question before the high court is this.....DOES THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAVE A RIGHT TO RECOGNIZE AND PROVIDE FEDERAL RIGHTS, BENEFITS AND PRIVILEGES TO ONE SET OF LEGALLY MARRIED COUPLES, BUT NOT ALL LEGALLY MARRIED COUPLES.....ie opposite-sex vs Same-Sex married couples?

With regard to Prop 8.....the question before the High Court is this.....CAN AN INITIATIVE ELIMINATE A RIGHT THAT HAS BEEN GRANTED?

We also have those silly Article 3 Standing questions that need to be addressed as well......so, I will stand firm in my belief until SCOTUS rules against my understanding and belief.

By the way......here's a video about our families:

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#4633 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>So stop doing it......
Actually Laci.....it is you that lie in every post you make......and I don't care how many HI-FIVES you and your clan give to each other......all that proves is that NONE of you know God's message.......but all of you THINK you can SPEAK for God........and ya can't!!!

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Buda, TX

#4634 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>There is one God.....the Father of creation. The devil is the god of this world. That being said.......God has children and Satan has children. They each have the characteristic of who they serve.
So do you think it might be possible for that one God to tailor His message for each individual person? Especially since He created such a variety of human beings.
Or do you think that all those that don't share share your unique beliefs are the children of Satan?

“No stalking allowed.”

Location hidden

#4635 Feb 8, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> And I too am Christian, so get off your high horse. Since when is telling someone they are wrong, making them a bully ?
You did not correct me you tried to but, you failed. LOL, "A" for effort though......

“No stalking allowed.”

Location hidden

#4636 Feb 8, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just tell us...are there people who never sin? Because, the Bible says there aren't. Even Jesus sinned. But, maybe you disagree with the divinely inspired word of God?
Prove it by the Word of God. I say you are a liar .....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 min EdmondWA 17,445
News Connecticut sees - gay baby boom' 7 min Hudson 39
News Gay Cakes Are Not a Constitutional Right 10 min Hudson 850
News Lawsuit: Vistaprint sent gay couple Satan pamph... 12 min Fundies Mentally Nil 4
News The Internet is mad at Chelsea Handler for "ant... 14 min Hudson 33
News a CDC ban on 'fetus' and 'transgender?' Experts... 15 min Hudson 91
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 50 min anonymous 577
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) Wed GodSmacked 27,290
More from around the web