Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#4596 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything else is Satanism. Every religion is Satanism. Every atheist is a Satanist. Every agnostic is a Satanist. Every Buddhist is a Satanist. Every Hindu is a Satanist.
Every single person that doesn't believe that JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY INTO HEAVEN is a Satanist!
Quit following a condemned fallen angel, Satan......and come to Jesus Christ for the remission of sins!
Please quit flooding the forum your off-topic Jesus prattle.

If you want to talk about Jesus in relation to the topic, more power to ya.
But we all know your belief that everybody who doesn't accept Jesus is going to hell, by now, and it has nothing to do with the topic.
TYVM.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4597 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan's churches will fall away but the true Bible believing, bible preaching churches will be united.
All branches of a great tree. Pruning occurs to allow fruit production on new growth. All is judged based upon fruit production.

Which fruits matter?

(hint: It was one of the few things that Saul got correctly)

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#4598 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>The Children of God do *not* commit sin.
"Whosoever is born of God doth NOT commit sin: 1JO 3:9
The Children of Satan continue to commit sin.
"He that committeth sin is of the Devil" 1JO 3:8
Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/christianity/5...
You commit sin every time you pass judgement on another. Which is something we all do. You commit sin when you cast away a person who is gay rather than love them unconditionally.
The second greatest commandment given to us was to love one another.
Going strictly by your guidelines, shall I assume you are a child of Satan ?
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#4599 Feb 8, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
The decision by SCOTUS will be out in June, the Court will be in recess in July.......and I believe that SCOTUS will do the right thing and toss DOMA and also Prop 8.......so, until then......I'll stand my by beliefs and await the ruling......and not your speculation!!!
Well, I hate to inform you of this, but there are just as many legal experts who disagree with you and who agree with me......so, that's not really a true judgment of how this will play out......but this is what I know..........Section 3 of DOMA has LOST in every court rulings from the lower courts and the Appeal's level......the same is true for the proponents of Prop 8.......they both have huge hills to climb to overcome the appeals rulings.....and then there is the Article 3 Standing question in both, which is a wild card situation......so, I'd rather not pay attention to a supposed lawyer who makes these interesting claims......and I'll wait to hear how Olson and Boies handle things.......I mean Ted Olson has over a 75% win record in front of SCOTUS......what's your win record in front of SCOTUS?
Judge Reinhardt doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to appeals. In 1997 SCOTUS reversed seven opinions that Reinhardt has either written or been party to, all seven unanimously. Between 1994 and 2004 Reinhardt was party to a whopping 53 decisions reversed by the supreme court. In the last term, of 26 appeals of 9th Circuit court opinions, the Supreme court overturned 18, which is 70%. To make matters worse, Judge Reinhardt was on the panel for six cases and all six were reversed by SCOTUS. which, for those weak in basic math, is 100%. Reinhardt wrote the majority opinion in three of those cases and all three were unanimously overturned. Of the other three, one was overturned unaimously and two by a 5-4 conservative vote.

"When I try to count the votes in favor of same-sex marriage on the Supreme Court, I have trouble getting to one."
Constitutional law scholar Andrew Koppelman

“The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals is the most overturned circuit in the country, and Judge Stephen Reinhardt, the author of today’s absurd ruling (Prop 8) is the most overturned federal judge in America. Today’s ruling is a perfect setup for this case to be taken by the US Supreme Court, where I am confident it will be reversed."
Constitutional scholar John Eastman

“If there is such a right(same sex marriage) it will have to be manufactured by the justices out of whole cloth."
Richard Posner of the Seventh U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals

Posner has been called "the world’s most distinguished legal scholar."

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#4600 Feb 8, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please quit flooding the forum your off-topic Jesus prattle.
If you want to talk about Jesus in relation to the topic, more power to ya.
But we all know your belief that everybody who doesn't accept Jesus is going to hell, by now, and it has nothing to do with the topic.
TYVM.
Oops, shouldn't that post be in red by my Topix image? LOL, I don't care if your "friends" ban me for sharing the gospel.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#4601 Feb 8, 2013
fr Rose_NoHo:

>What happens to people who never hear of Jesus, do they go to hell?<

No.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4602 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
Laci Buttercup, lying is a sin

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4603 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
All are children of God.

But, according to you, NO ONE is a child of God.
Not possible.
Everyone sins at some point in their life, Laci, Christians and non-Christians.
No one is perfect.

uhoh, Laci,
You left out 1John 10 and 11:

10 This is what distinguishes the children of God from the children of the devil: whoever does not live uprightly and does not love his brother is not from God.

11 This is the message which you heard from the beginning, that we must love one another,

Laci, you do not love your brother.
FAIL
bummer

“Watching the wolf~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4604 Feb 8, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought there is only one God. What's the deal? How many Gods do you think are out there? You seem to believe there are other Gods directing things. Is that other God Satan? Are you saying Satan is a God? Where you coming from anyway?
There is one God.....the Father of creation. The devil is the god of this world. That being said.......God has children and Satan has children. They each have the characteristic of who they serve.

“Watching the wolf~”

Location hidden

#4605 Feb 8, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Laci Buttercup, lying is a sin
So stop doing it......

Santa Monica, CA

#4606 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
No originality at all? Same questions again and again and again?
I believe that God will get the gospel to everyone that would accept it no matter where they are in the world. After all, He is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient.
The scriptures are clear though......Jesus Christ is the ONLY way into Heaven. You won't get in any other way.
So, aborted fetuses go to hell?

Since: Dec 09

United States

#4607 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God aka the Holy Bible teaches that most people will reject the narrow way of following Jesus and will follow Satan in the wide path to Hell.
Matthew 7:13-14
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
RR: "The Word of God aka the Holy Bible teaches that most people will reject the narrow way of following Jesus...."

NO. FALSE. Mathew 7:13-14 does NOT say "most people REJECT the narrow way.". It says, few people FIND it.

Furthermore, the passage is NOT about what you believe, a right or wrong way to believe, or correctly believing. It's not about believing at all.
Neither is the passage describing YOU.
"Narrow" doesn't refer to narrowly circumscribed beliefs.

Santa Monica, CA

#4608 Feb 8, 2013
Pattysboi wrote:
fr Rose_NoHo:
>What happens to people who never hear of Jesus, do they go to hell?<
No.
Then accepting Jesus isn't the only way into heaven.

“Watching the wolf~”

Location hidden

#4609 Feb 8, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Laci Buttercup, lying is a sin
The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does NOT keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
1JO2:3-4

These threads are full of liars, I am not one of them. You are.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4610 Feb 8, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then accepting Jesus isn't the only way into heaven.
There are some highly prejudiced people who believe all non-Christians go to hell. That is so stupid.

“Watching the wolf~”

Location hidden

#4611 Feb 8, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> You commit sin every time you pass judgement on another. Which is something we all do. You commit sin when you cast away a person who is gay rather than love them unconditionally.
The second greatest commandment given to us was to love one another.
Going strictly by your guidelines, shall I assume you are a child of Satan ?
confronting sin is not wrong and I will not allow you to bully me into backing down, from what I know is wrong! These are the Christian threads, if you don't want to read my post by all means scroll right on by. Just know this until I decide to leave here, I will be calling SIN-SIN!

Get use to it, live with it.......what ever.

Location hidden

#4612 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>There is one God.....the Father of creation. The devil is the god of this world. That being said.......God has children and Satan has children. They each have the characteristic of who they serve.
That is the heresy of Manicheism.

#4613 Feb 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
All branches of a great tree. Pruning occurs to allow fruit production on new growth. All is judged based upon fruit production.
Which fruits matter?
(hint: It was one of the few things that Saul got correctly)
Pruning allows the worthless branches to be cut off so that the REAL branches can have the proper nutrition to fulfill their purpose. Why let play "Christians" continue to mock the gospel with their "God is nothing but love love love, don't share the gospel, sin is okay, Jesus was just a prophet, the bible isn't literal, all ways to Heaven, Satan is our friend" blah blah blah?

Rejecting Jesus Christ will land a person in their eternal home in Hell when they perish.

Location hidden

#4614 Feb 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>
The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does NOT keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
1JO2:3-4
These threads are full of liars, I am not one of them. You are.
1John is a highly disputed piece of writing.

#4615 Feb 8, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
RR: "The Word of God aka the Holy Bible teaches that most people will reject the narrow way of following Jesus...."
NO. FALSE. Mathew 7:13-14 does NOT say "most people REJECT the narrow way.". It says, few people FIND it.
Furthermore, the passage is NOT about what you believe, a right or wrong way to believe, or correctly believing. It's not about believing at all.
Neither is the passage describing YOU.
"Narrow" doesn't refer to narrowly circumscribed beliefs.
I don't care what Satan worshipers think about me. I'm glad you Satanists don't like me. Amen!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Austin Loses 'A Safe Space for Gay Men to Go Ha... 7 min Orlando 12
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 10 min Frankie Rizzo 15,023
Gay Pride Parade 43 min Lenny 1
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 55 min Lawrence Wolf 224
News GOP day one in Cleveland: No unisex bathrooms 1 hr okimar 107
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 2 hr Nopal 1,143
News The Men Kissing to Fight Anti-Gay HateBy Samant... 2 hr Shirvell s Shrivel 12
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 38,650
More from around the web