Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 195)

Showing posts 3,881 - 3,900 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly child, the Bible denies all of that.
Jesus was a man. To call him a god is an abomination. Tow'evah, too, so just like homosexual relations with a qadesh (male temple prostitute). The Bible prohibits followers of the God of the Bible from believing in more than the one God taught by Moses to the children of Israel.
There are no prophecies saying that the Messiah will be rejected. Isaiah 53 is not Messianic prophecy, especially since Isaiah clearly identified the children of Israel as the Servant.
The Gentiles have no need of your salvation. We are without sin. Sin lies in the failure to follow the Laws of Moses, but those laws only apply to the children of Israel.
Just making things up and/or copy pasting from anti-Christian trash sites mean nothing. And repeating the same nonsense over and over just proves your desperation.

Whatever hatred and anger you have against God and Christianity can be forgiven. Take it to the cross, ask Jesus for forgiveness........ask Him into your heart. He shed His blood for you too, for everyone.

Something happened in your life and you are angry with God about it. It makes no sense to lie and mock and try to twist the Word of God. You're not going to turn a REAL Christian away from the faith. We are securely in the hand of Jesus and no one is able to pluck us from there.

Liam, it's time to come to the cross. That knock on your heart is from Jesus.....will you answer the door?

Revelation 3:20- Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate anyone. But I do hate when people lie and twist the Word of God!
You mean the way you do, right?
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got some serious ignorance issues going on there. No, "most" Jews never converted. Rather, they have consistantly rejected Jesus. That is what happens when you know what the Bible actually says: you reject Jesus as anything other than an itinerant preacher teaching Jewish revivalism in the hope that the Messiah of prophecy would soon be coming.
And Jesus FAILED more of the real prophecies than he managed to fulfill. The only ones that he DID manage to fulfill were the low hanging fruit that THOUSANDS of male Jews have fulfilled over the years. Jesus utterly failed on all of the important ones, like peace, prosperity, return of the Lost Tribes...
I'm afraid that even secular scholars concure that prior to the destruction of the second temple, thevast majority of the jews of the ancient world converted to Chritianity.(or in their worldview accepte Jesus s their rightfull Messiah)

This explains why Jews are such a small group, a remnant really of what was left after the mass conversions amoung most Jews at the time of Christs death and resorection. Indeed, the synagouge system of the time was used to convert entire communities across the Roman world.

Your adherance to Rabinical juadism and its defense is admirable in some respects, but the historical and demoraphic evidence shows that Christ as the Messiah was an explosive and widespread phenomenia that first found fertile soil amoung the Jews and then spread to the Gentiles.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no middle ground here. You are either serving Christ Jesus or Satan. Your eternal destiny will either be Heaven or Hell.
That is nonsense. You can't tell me that someone who is a good person of high moral character who isn't Christian is "serving Satan."

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

not ashamed wrote:
Do you know why a large portion of society no longer believes in Christ? Mostly because of people like you. Why would they see the example you set as a Christian and be inclined to follow you?
If you truly care about the welfare of souls, you should probably change your approach.
My guess is you simply don't care.
This is an excellent, excellent point. These self-appointed representatives of Christianity do Christ no favors with their approach.

It's like untrained people who don't work for Macy's out on the street outside the store telling people things about Macy's that may or may not be true. Guess what Macy's would do? Ask them to leave.

Just because these people claim to represent Christ does not mean they have His blessing, and they certainly don't have his ways.

They will continue to push people away from God more than they bring anyone to Him.

But their arrogance leads them to think they can leapfrog God's plan and get Jesus points for bringing people to the Lord before the Lord calls them.

And I say that will all due respect to people who don't believe in the Lord because I'm not a fanatic with something to prove like the blowhard pseudo-expert "christians" on this thread.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what heathen unbeliever trolls think about me. I know that I'm a saved, born again, child of the living God.
arrogance. You may believe that, but you cannot know it. Unless you're dead already.
OleWazzizName

Clearlake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything else is Satanism. Every religion is Satanism. Every atheist is a Satanist. Every agnostic is a Satanist. Every Buddhist is a Satanist. Every Hindu is a Satanist.
Every single person that doesn't believe that JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY INTO HEAVEN is a Satanist!
Quit following a condemned fallen angel, Satan......and come to Jesus Christ for the remission of sins!
If a person were to not believe in Satan, would that be considered satanism?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show me specifically where same sex is mentioned:
"AMENDMENT XIV
Passed by Congress June 13, 1866. Ratified July 9, 1868.
Note: Article I, section 2, of the Constitution was modified by section 2 of the 14th amendment.
Watch your timelines
The earliest appearance of the word 'sex' in the US Constitution was in the 20th amendment in 1919 (Women's Suffrage)
++++++++++
"The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex."
++++++++++
At the time; the only meaning for sex was to identify the quality of being male or female
Sex applied to intercourse appeared ten years later in 1929; only 84 years ago

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to this idiotic "dumb and dumber" routine again? Don't any of you unbelievers even have a little, tiny, shred of a braincell left?
I hope you didn't consider that your rebuttal.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

*19th amendment in 1920

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm coming to this thread via the Topix Christian forum. I didn't realize it was in other areas too.
Yes you are in the gay forum.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing: the Bible actually acknowledges other Gods. It just tells the children of Israel that THEY are not allowed to worship anyone but YHVH. Nor is there any commandment for them to attempt to convert the stranger. That is why I can get along with my Jewish friends.
Correct, there is no commandment telling the Hebrews to attempt to convert the Canaanites. What God did command of Moses and reiterated to Aaron was when they get to Canaan kill 'em all. They failed to do this and as a result it was the Hebrews who were getting converted to the strange gods, pissing God off, forcing Him to hide a few of His chosen in Babylon and Egypt and leveling the place. What is confusing is if God incinerated the Promised Land, making it fit not even for jackals, how come, when the sequestered Jews returned, they fell into the same backsliding trap again? If God leveled the place, where did the next batch of worshippers of strange gods come from?

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate anyone. But I do hate when people lie and twist the Word of God!
So then you must...oh it's too easy.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Just making things up and/or copy pasting from anti-Christian trash sites mean nothing. And repeating the same nonsense over and over just proves your desperation.
Whatever hatred and anger you have against God and Christianity can be forgiven. Take it to the cross, ask Jesus for forgiveness........ask Him into your heart. He shed His blood for you too, for everyone.
Something happened in your life and you are angry with God about it. It makes no sense to lie and mock and try to twist the Word of God. You're not going to turn a REAL Christian away from the faith. We are securely in the hand of Jesus and no one is able to pluck us from there.
Liam, it's time to come to the cross. That knock on your heart is from Jesus.....will you answer the door?
Revelation 3:20- Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Speaking of making things up...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are in the gay forum.
Actually I'm in the Christian forum. If you go the main Christian area this thread is in the top list.
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
First off.....MARRIAGE IS NOT MENTIONED IN THE CONSTITUTION AT ALL.........and secondly.....this is what gives Gays and Lesbians equal protection:
Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Last time I checked.......Gays and Lesbians are AMERICAN CITIZENS!!!
How much money do you want to bet that same-sex "marriage" wont be established through the "privelages and immunities" clause you refrence above!!

Seriously, a opinion is expected in July, and no serious court watcher believe that this clause is in effect...

Furthermoe any applicationj ofthe equal protecton clause would require gay marriage nation wide as you read it.

Gay men and woman already hae equal protection of the law concerning marriage. Changing the definition is not an "equal" protection it is a special accomodation that efects al "marriages".

Gays and lesbians can ge married, but because they are not attracted to the opposite sex they dont choose to avail themselves of this right.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you must...oh it's too easy.
Wrong, I just stand firmly behind the Word of God. It makes me upset when people try to mock, lie about, or twist God's Holy Bible.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I'm in the Christian forum. If you go the main Christian area this thread is in the top list.
Well then; your computer thinks you're gay; sugar

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to chat with people from 'your' particular religious denomination; click here:
http://www.topix.com/religion/list
Thank you for the list. I'll just stay here in the Christian area. My "denomination" is made up of every true born again, blood bought, saved child of the living God........i,e.- the body of Christ

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

itz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus came to redeem the entire world. Yes he was the Jewish messiah, but as the messiah he was no longer reserved just for the people of Isreal.
That is why the vast majority of Jews converted to Christianity within the first three centuries, explaining its rapid growth. The remnants of those holdouts who refused to except their own Messiah is what is known as rabbinical juadism today.
Obviously they dont accept that Jesus was the Messiah, but even secular scholars acknowledge that most Jews came to accept Christ as the Living God.
The fullfillment of those messianic prophesies are called the "preconfigurations".
This is why Paul (a jew and a highly educated pharaisee who formaly persucuted Christians as Jewish heritics) wrote letters to both the Jews and the Gentiles.
Lacking supporting evidence, I will dismiss your entire comment as delusional.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,881 - 3,900 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... (Dec '13) 5 min TOM FONTAINE 15,416
Outrage as Australian judge says incest, pedoph... 12 min John 17
Tony Perkins Warns Support of Gay Rights by 'Li... 14 min Wondering 8
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 17 min HMT 123 50,404
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 22 min Poof1 1,766
Biggest Gay Lies 42 min Imprtnrd 924
Croatia same-sex vote: Croats strongly vote aga... (Dec '13) 53 min pocahontas 116
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••