Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#4497 Feb 8, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing: the Bible actually acknowledges other Gods. It just tells the children of Israel that THEY are not allowed to worship anyone but YHVH. Nor is there any commandment for them to attempt to convert the stranger. That is why I can get along with my Jewish friends.
..maybe so...

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#4498 Feb 8, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the Constitution is same sex marriage a right?
14th Amendment, equal protection clause.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4499 Feb 8, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>MMMK where in the Constitution is heterosexual marriage right???
The Supreme Court recognized, in its landmark 1967 decision in Loving v. Virginia that the “right to marry is of fundamental importance for all individuals” and “one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness.” After Loving, marriage is deemed a “fundamental freedom” protected by the Constitution, and states cannot deny an individual of this basic right without an exceedingly good reason.

The 14th Amendment is part of the Law of the Land/Constitution.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#4500 Feb 8, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect. The Hebrew word for sphere is duwr. A spherical object is a hemishpere from every viewable angle.
Not this nonsense again. Duwr doesn't always mean ball. In Isaiah 29:3 it clearly means a circle. Instead of repeating what other Satanic fools say, why not actually study it for yourself.

Isaiah 29:3- And I will camp against thee round about, and will lay siege against thee with a mount, and I will raise forts against thee.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4501 Feb 8, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>~sigh~
14th Amendment.....
marriage is a fundamental right
We pause now for a quick constitutional law primer: The Supreme Court has decided marriage cases under both the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses of the 14th Amendment. The Due Process Clause protects fundamental rights while the Equal Protection Clause prohibits discrimination. Seen as a denial of a fundamental right under the Due Process Clause, the case for marriage equality for same-sex couples should be obvious.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...
Neil Andblowme

West New York, NJ

#4502 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is God, of the Triune Godhead. Messiah had to be rejected first to bring salvation unto the gentiles and thus fulfilling the scriptures.
Nope. The Hebrew scriptures speak of one God, not a triune. "Christians" made up THAT nonsense. And Jesus didn't fulfill the prophecies of the Hebrew scriptures, therefore he was NOT the messiah.

#4503 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been through this countless times........can't you people read? The acting like a 3 year old with your hands over your eyes and saying "I can't see you, you're not there" routine is getting old. I don't believe you guys are as dumb as you are acting....at least I hope not.
Chuwg can also mean sphere and plus a spherical object is a circle from every viewable angle.
Silly, ignorant child. No, chuwg does not mean sphere. That little myth was invented by Bible worshiping literalists desperate to save their idol from the trash heap of history.
itz

Roseville, MI

#4504 Feb 8, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus preached Judaism. Since you are not Jewish, you will not be getting to the Father through Jesus. Then too, "Jesus Christ" is a purely mythic being, since Jesus of Nazareth clearly failed to fulfill the Messianic prophecies.
Jesus came to redeem the entire world. Yes he was the Jewish messiah, but as the messiah he was no longer reserved just for the people of Isreal.

That is why the vast majority of Jews converted to Christianity within the first three centuries, explaining its rapid growth. The remnants of those holdouts who refused to except their own Messiah is what is known as rabbinical juadism today.

Obviously they dont accept that Jesus was the Messiah, but even secular scholars acknowledge that most Jews came to accept Christ as the Living God.

The fullfillment of those messianic prophesies are called the "preconfigurations".

This is why Paul (a jew and a highly educated pharaisee who formaly persucuted Christians as Jewish heritics) wrote letters to both the Jews and the Gentiles.

#4505 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is God, of the Triune Godhead. Messiah had to be rejected first to bring salvation unto the gentiles and thus fulfilling the scriptures.
Silly child, the Bible denies all of that.

Jesus was a man. To call him a god is an abomination. Tow'evah, too, so just like homosexual relations with a qadesh (male temple prostitute). The Bible prohibits followers of the God of the Bible from believing in more than the one God taught by Moses to the children of Israel.

There are no prophecies saying that the Messiah will be rejected. Isaiah 53 is not Messianic prophecy, especially since Isaiah clearly identified the children of Israel as the Servant.

The Gentiles have no need of your salvation. We are without sin. Sin lies in the failure to follow the Laws of Moses, but those laws only apply to the children of Israel.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4506 Feb 8, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>~sigh~
14th Amendment.....
marriage is a fundamental right
Can you show me specifically where same sex is mentioned:
"AMENDMENT XIV
Passed by Congress June 13, 1866. Ratified July 9, 1868.

Note: Article I, section 2, of the Constitution was modified by section 2 of the 14th amendment.

Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2.
Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age,* and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section 3.
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4.
The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5.
The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article."

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/con...

#4507 Feb 8, 2013
itz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus came to redeem the entire world. Yes he was the Jewish messiah, but as the messiah he was no longer reserved just for the people of Isreal.
That is why the vast majority of Jews converted to Christianity within the first three centuries, explaining its rapid growth. The remnants of those holdouts who refused to except their own Messiah is what is known as rabbinical juadism today.
Obviously they dont accept that Jesus was the Messiah, but even secular scholars acknowledge that most Jews came to accept Christ as the Living God.
The fullfillment of those messianic prophesies are called the "preconfigurations".
This is why Paul (a jew and a highly educated pharaisee who formaly persucuted Christians as Jewish heritics) wrote letters to both the Jews and the Gentiles.
You've got some serious ignorance issues going on there. No, "most" Jews never converted. Rather, they have consistantly rejected Jesus. That is what happens when you know what the Bible actually says: you reject Jesus as anything other than an itinerant preacher teaching Jewish revivalism in the hope that the Messiah of prophecy would soon be coming.

And Jesus FAILED more of the real prophecies than he managed to fulfill. The only ones that he DID manage to fulfill were the low hanging fruit that THOUSANDS of male Jews have fulfilled over the years. Jesus utterly failed on all of the important ones, like peace, prosperity, return of the Lost Tribes...
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4508 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm coming to this thread via the Topix Christian forum. I didn't realize it was in other areas too.
The Gay/Lesbian Chat Room is connected like a giant octopus (with tentacles) to the Religion, Wedding, Roman Catholic Church, Christian,and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormonism) chat rooms
OleWazzizName

Clearlake, CA

#4509 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating the same thing over and over?
NORMAL people can change in front of someone without thinking it's sex act. David and Jonathan were close friends, like brothers. Only a complete disgusting filthy pervert would read more into those verses than what is written.
This is true, Romans Road, and you have read a lot into it.

It's an obvious love story, no sex is involved in this story anymore than is written in most love stories.

But you are so consumed with hate you glossed over the Love part just like you do when you try to justify reasons to deny same sex marriage to people who love each other.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4510 Feb 8, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. The Hebrew scriptures speak of one God, not a triune. "Christians" made up THAT nonsense. And Jesus didn't fulfill the prophecies of the Hebrew scriptures, therefore he was NOT the messiah.
What do you make of Genesis 1:26?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4511 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm coming to this thread via the Topix Christian forum. I didn't realize it was in other areas too.
If you want to chat with people from 'your' particular religious denomination; click here:
http://www.topix.com/religion/list

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#4512 Feb 8, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show me specifically where same sex is mentioned:
"AMENDMENT XIV
Passed by Congress June 13, 1866. Ratified July 9, 1868.
Note: Article I, section 2, of the Constitution was modified by section 2 of the 14th amendment.
Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Section 2.
Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age,* and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.
Section 3.
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
Section 4.
The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.
Section 5.
The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article."
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/con...
First off.....MARRIAGE IS NOT MENTIONED IN THE CONSTITUTION AT ALL.........and secondly.....this is what gives Gays and Lesbians equal protection:
Section 1.

Last time I checked.......Gays and Lesbians are AMERICAN CITIZENS!!!

#4513 Feb 8, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you make of Genesis 1:26?
Who cares? Your scriptures are IRRELEVANT to the running of our Government!!!

#4514 Feb 8, 2013
OleWazzizName wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true, Romans Road, and you have read a lot into it.
It's an obvious love story, no sex is involved in this story anymore than is written in most love stories.
But you are so consumed with hate you glossed over the Love part just like you do when you try to justify reasons to deny same sex marriage to people who love each other.
I don't hate anyone. But I do hate when people lie and twist the Word of God!

#4515 Feb 8, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly child, the Bible denies all of that.
Jesus was a man. To call him a god is an abomination. Tow'evah, too, so just like homosexual relations with a qadesh (male temple prostitute). The Bible prohibits followers of the God of the Bible from believing in more than the one God taught by Moses to the children of Israel.
There are no prophecies saying that the Messiah will be rejected. Isaiah 53 is not Messianic prophecy, especially since Isaiah clearly identified the children of Israel as the Servant.
The Gentiles have no need of your salvation. We are without sin. Sin lies in the failure to follow the Laws of Moses, but those laws only apply to the children of Israel.
Just making things up and/or copy pasting from anti-Christian trash sites mean nothing. And repeating the same nonsense over and over just proves your desperation.

Whatever hatred and anger you have against God and Christianity can be forgiven. Take it to the cross, ask Jesus for forgiveness........ask Him into your heart. He shed His blood for you too, for everyone.

Something happened in your life and you are angry with God about it. It makes no sense to lie and mock and try to twist the Word of God. You're not going to turn a REAL Christian away from the faith. We are securely in the hand of Jesus and no one is able to pluck us from there.

Liam, it's time to come to the cross. That knock on your heart is from Jesus.....will you answer the door?

Revelation 3:20- Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

#4516 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate anyone. But I do hate when people lie and twist the Word of God!
You mean the way you do, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court To Hear Arguments In Case Of Bake... 5 min Wondering 344
News College to offer sensitivity training after ant... 1 hr Breeding Is A Sym... 8
News Prominent chefs oppose baker in major gay right... 2 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 7
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 hr Travis Turbil 13,071
Transgender "woman" convicted of raping 10-year... 3 hr Travis Turbil 2
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 5 hr Astro 2,570
News Anti-gay Southern Decadence preacher arrested o... (Feb '11) 7 hr BAC SOLDIER 31
News Who would be a better president: Donald Trump o... 7 hr Noe 41
News Birth-record fix for gays falls to lower court 7 hr Travis Turbil 18
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 10 hr Freedomofexpression 57,593
More from around the web