Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#4476 Feb 8, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> I would agree with you on that to a point. I was raised baptist. My mother is baptist and my father episcapaleon. Though, I never saw my dad go to church even once. I converted to Mormonism when I was 15. My daddy passed away in January and just a week or two before that he called me and approached the subject of religion. He wanted me to know that he was proud of me for making my own decisions when it came to my religious views.
He also told me that while he believed in God, he was never a fan of organized religion and he mentioned that the reason why was because of the " christians" that act just like roman. I also dont believe it drives people out in droves, but it certainly doesnt bring people in either.
I'm not crazy about Mormonism but if you're daddy was proud of you then I'm proud of you, too. We prayed the strangest Rosary last evening, no Hail Mary's. There is a short litany of specific groups we prayed for but Mormons aren't listed so I guess you're OK. It's not my call to make but I don't think it's necessary to bring it up in confession or anything like that. "Bless me father for I have sinned. I talked to a Mormon." Yeah, probably leave that out. What's the worst case scenario? A couple hundred extra years in Purgatory?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4477 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no middle ground here. You are either serving Christ Jesus or Satan. Your eternal destiny will either be Heaven or Hell.
Gay people go to the Garden of Eden so we don't have to put up with you for an eternity

GOD no longer Walks in the Garden alone ;o))
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4478 Feb 8, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the Constitution is same sex marriage a right?
The same place opposite sex marriage is a right
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4479 Feb 8, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeff, you were the front runner for a while but Romans is on a roll and it looks like he's going to take home the tiara. Tough break.
Romans is awesome. You really should stay on the sidelines. That will save all of us a lot of embarrassment.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#4480 Feb 8, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, ignorant child, the word chuwg means flat disc. The word "compass" refers to the device used to draw a circle, and is formed using the root word chuwg.
You will continue to lose every argument as long as you insist on worshiping the Bible rather than reading it for comprehension. The simple fact is, you cannot force it to mean what you want it to mean, it continues to say what it says.
We've been through this countless times........can't you people read? The acting like a 3 year old with your hands over your eyes and saying "I can't see you, you're not there" routine is getting old. I don't believe you guys are as dumb as you are acting....at least I hope not.

Chuwg can also mean sphere and plus a spherical object is a circle from every viewable angle.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#4481 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to this idiotic "dumb and dumber" routine again? Don't any of you unbelievers even have a little, tiny, shred of a braincell left?
When the King James Bible was penned Columbus had long since sailed to the Americas and Magellan had long since circumnavigated the globe and people knew the earth was spherical. If the Hebrew word for disk meant sphere they would have translated it as sphere. They did not.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#4482 Feb 8, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, ignorant child, the word chuwg means flat disc. The word "compass" refers to the device used to draw a circle, and is formed using the root word chuwg.
You will continue to lose every argument as long as you insist on worshiping the Bible rather than reading it for comprehension. The simple fact is, you cannot force it to mean what you want it to mean, it continues to say what it says.
I think saying God set the Earth upon its pillars is an awesome image. The fact that it's cosmologically inaccurate is irrelevant, unless you're a fundie.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#4483 Feb 8, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how much you or I may or may not wish that were true, we know without any doubt that He has not preserved His Word.
There is simply no argument to the contrary. The original does not exist. Period.
The translations can never be proven accurate because they can never be compared to the original.
That might not matter if it were simply a novel. But if you are talking about the Word of God I would think you would want accuracy - unless that's too inconvenient for you, or too difficult a concept. Any old translation is "good enough" when it comes to God's Word? Really? And you'll gamble your soul on "close enough?"
I won't.
It is worse than that. Where we can go back and compare versions of the texts, there are differences. Sometimes small, sometimes huge, but ultimately no two copies of a text agree 100%.

Sometimes the changes are as huge as the Johannine Comma, where later scribes added to the epistle of John in an attempt to make it seem like it supported the concept of a trilogy of gods.
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#4484 Feb 8, 2013
..you's are using ..my friend's..REAL..Name ,here...vhy???
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4485 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what heathen unbeliever trolls think about me. I know that I'm a saved, born again, child of the living God.
If you really believed that; you wouldn't be proselytizing in the gay chat room

You're trying harder to convince yourself than to convince us

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#4486 Feb 8, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not crazy about Mormonism but if you're daddy was proud of you then I'm proud of you, too. We prayed the strangest Rosary last evening, no Hail Mary's. There is a short litany of specific groups we prayed for but Mormons aren't listed so I guess you're OK. It's not my call to make but I don't think it's necessary to bring it up in confession or anything like that. "Bless me father for I have sinned. I talked to a Mormon." Yeah, probably leave that out. What's the worst case scenario? A couple hundred extra years in Purgatory?
lol haha. You're funny. I like you.

#4487 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no version of Christianity. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life; NO ONE comes to the Father but by Him.
I don't have religion, I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Jesus preached Judaism. Since you are not Jewish, you will not be getting to the Father through Jesus. Then too, "Jesus Christ" is a purely mythic being, since Jesus of Nazareth clearly failed to fulfill the Messianic prophecies.
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#4488 Feb 8, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
When the King James Bible was penned Columbus had long since sailed to the Americas and Magellan had long since circumnavigated the globe and people knew the earth was spherical. If the Hebrew word for disk meant sphere they would have translated it as sphere. They did not.
..you's are NOT He,here...fake/phony...you...e h..

#4489 Feb 8, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really believed that; you wouldn't be proselytizing in the gay chat room
You're trying harder to convince yourself than to convince us
I'm coming to this thread via the Topix Christian forum. I didn't realize it was in other areas too.
Neil Andblowme

West New York, NJ

#4490 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been through this countless times........can't you people read? The acting like a 3 year old with your hands over your eyes and saying "I can't see you, you're not there" routine is getting old. I don't believe you guys are as dumb as you are acting....at least I hope not.
Chuwg can also mean sphere and plus a spherical object is a circle from every viewable angle.
You are incorrect. The Hebrew word for sphere is duwr. A spherical object is a hemishpere from every viewable angle.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4491 Feb 8, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Without a doubt. As I understand it, His Noodlyness is a kind and loving God and the beer volcano and stripper factory are for everyone. If this not the case, and it is possible to intercede on my behalf, please put in a good word for me.
My god, FSM is equipped with a laptop. I can and will send him an Email on your behalf. I am sure a place will be waiting for you. No hurry, as the beer is endless.

#4492 Feb 8, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
But, they all say that THEIRS is true, too. All of you can't possibly be right. But, you CAN all be wrong. The odds of all of you being wrong are much better than the odds of any one of you being right. I'll play the odds.
Funny thing: the Bible actually acknowledges other Gods. It just tells the children of Israel that THEY are not allowed to worship anyone but YHVH. Nor is there any commandment for them to attempt to convert the stranger. That is why I can get along with my Jewish friends.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4493 Feb 8, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the Constitution is same sex marriage a right?
MMMK where in the Constitution is heterosexual marriage right???

#4494 Feb 8, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus preached Judaism. Since you are not Jewish, you will not be getting to the Father through Jesus. Then too, "Jesus Christ" is a purely mythic being, since Jesus of Nazareth clearly failed to fulfill the Messianic prophecies.
Jesus is God, of the Triune Godhead. Messiah had to be rejected first to bring salvation unto the gentiles and thus fulfilling the scriptures.

#4495 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything else is Satanism. Every religion is Satanism. Every atheist is a Satanist. Every agnostic is a Satanist. Every Buddhist is a Satanist. Every Hindu is a Satanist.
Every single person that doesn't believe that JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY INTO HEAVEN is a Satanist!
Quit following a condemned fallen angel, Satan......and come to Jesus Christ for the remission of sins!
Believing in Satan is blasphemy against the God of the Bible...

(Well, if you are one of the children of Israel that is required to follow His teachings, anyway. If not, you can make up any little fantasy that makes you happy.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-Gay Jehovah's Witness Cartoon Tells Kids T... 2 min Brother P 1,786
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 min Respect71 35,932
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 16 min Israel 4,150
News CDC: Southerners' 'Racism' And 'Homophobia' Cau... 31 min Three Days Paleo 26
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 32 min Brian_G 761
News Everyone's talking about LGBT law -- except sta... 41 min Three Days Paleo 6
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 1 hr Demon Finder 25
News Minnesota becomes 12th state to OK gay marriage (May '13) 1 hr woodtick57 1,849
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Brian_G 11,660
More from around the web