Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4436 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah...... Immanuel (God with us). Jesus is the ONLY way into Heaven. This is the only thing that matters. You won't get into Heaven without Him.
Fundamentalists 'claim' they believe that; but not really
You're trying harder to convince yourself than to convince us

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#4437 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything else is Satanism. Every religion is Satanism. Every atheist is a Satanist. Every agnostic is a Satanist. Every Buddhist is a Satanist. Every Hindu is a Satanist.
Every single person that doesn't believe that JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY INTO HEAVEN is a Satanist!
Quit following a condemned fallen angel, Satan......and come to Jesus Christ for the remission of sins!
You didn't understand the question.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4438 Feb 8, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>There are Truths to be found in all religions/faiths.
God put them there.
Why is it that you get it and the fundies miss the target each and every time????

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#4439 Feb 8, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Not according to my god. Why do you think your religion is better than mine? My book says your wrong
His book says he's wrong.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#4440 Feb 8, 2013
GodSmacked wrote:
<quoted text>
Kettle meet pot because you make your faith up as you go along Nutty.
Incorrect Granny. Nettie understands that not every one is a Christian. She also understands that her form of religion is hers. She does not bemoan a Buddhist for their beliefs, if anything she is inquisitive and asks more about it. To bad you don't understand that. If you did then you would not look nearly as ignorant as you do. Anyways have a nice day.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#4441 Feb 8, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it my fault? Did I not make the question plain enough? Was it to hard?

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#4442 Feb 8, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
His book says he's wrong.
ood afternoon kind Sir. I understand and accept you for who you are. I accept that you are a Catholic, and applaud your compassion towards others. I am a Pastafarian, please accept me for who I am, and respect my religious beliefs.

“The Topix Legend of "GS8"!”

Since: Sep 10

United States, North America

#4443 Feb 8, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Incorrect Granny. Nettie understands that not every one is a Christian. She also understands that her form of religion is hers. She does not bemoan a Buddhist for their beliefs, if anything she is inquisitive and asks more about it. To bad you don't understand that. If you did then you would not look nearly as ignorant as you do. Anyways have a nice day.
Interesting but that is to be expected of a person with your status in society however I see Nutty for what she is and that is a freeloader that wants what she can get from anyone on any social networking without spending her own money.

Jay you are naïve and dumb to think otherwise but of course that is to be expected considering. Do try to keep up Jay before you end up like Murphy.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#4444 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything else is Satanism. Every religion is Satanism. Every atheist is a Satanist. Every agnostic is a Satanist. Every Buddhist is a Satanist. Every Hindu is a Satanist.
Every single person that doesn't believe that JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY INTO HEAVEN is a Satanist!
Quit following a condemned fallen angel, Satan......and come to Jesus Christ for the remission of sins!
You use the word "Satanist" far too freely.
Lordofnuts

Thomasville, NC

#4445 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
My most dedicated, loyal follower makes me proud every day! Most people that know your bible god is a myth also realize satan is a myth! That's why it is hilarious when you accuse someone of following the mythical satan!

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#4446 Feb 8, 2013
GodSmacked wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting but that is to be expected of a person with your status in society however I see Nutty for what she is and that is a freeloader that wants what she can get from anyone on any social networking without spending her own money.
Jay you are naïve and dumb to think otherwise but of course that is to be expected considering. Do try to keep up Jay before you end up like Murphy.
FOADYOH.:-)

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#4447 Feb 8, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You use the word "Satanist" far too freely.
There is no middle ground here. You are either serving Christ Jesus or Satan. Your eternal destiny will either be Heaven or Hell.

#4448 Feb 8, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Not according to my god. Why do you think your religion is better than mine? My book says your wrong
I don't care what your god, Satan, tells you. He's the great accuser of my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Satan has lost......it's over for him and his demons......so he just wants to deceive as many humans as he can to follow him to eternal Hell.

No one has to go to Hell. Jesus has paid the price for sin when He died on the cross and rose from the grave. His sinless blood has redeemed all that come to Him for salvation.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#4449 Feb 8, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>ood afternoon kind Sir. I understand and accept you for who you are. I accept that you are a Catholic, and applaud your compassion towards others. I am a Pastafarian, please accept me for who I am, and respect my religious beliefs.
Without a doubt. As I understand it, His Noodlyness is a kind and loving God and the beer volcano and stripper factory are for everyone. If this not the case, and it is possible to intercede on my behalf, please put in a good word for me.

#4450 Feb 8, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Nettie don't even understand your own play Catholic religion. The "I'm not a Catholic but I play one on Topix" routine has failed miserably.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#4451 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no middle ground here. You are either serving Christ Jesus or Satan. Your eternal destiny will either be Heaven or Hell.
Just being a non believer does not mean you follow Satan. If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, then you also don't believe in Satan. How can you be a follower of something you don't believe in?

Do you know why a large portion of society no longer believes in Christ? Mostly because of people like you. Why would they see the example you set as a Christian and be inclined to follow you?
If you truly care about the welfare of souls, you should probably change your approach.
My guess is you simply don't care.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#4452 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what your god, Satan, tells you. He's the great accuser of my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Satan has lost......it's over for him and his demons......so he just wants to deceive as many humans as he can to follow him to eternal Hell.
No one has to go to Hell. Jesus has paid the price for sin when He died on the cross and rose from the grave. His sinless blood has redeemed all that come to Him for salvation.
Do you not understand the question or are you simply without an answer?

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#4453 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah...... Immanuel (God with us). Jesus is the ONLY way into Heaven. This is the only thing that matters. You won't get into Heaven without Him.
Repeating it over and over and over again STILL will not make Jesus anything but a mere mortal man that gained his vision later in life and was killed by the very religion you claim to worship!!!

God is the one who decides who goes where not lil old Roman Roads!!!

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#4454 Feb 8, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Nettie don't even understand your own play Catholic religion. The "I'm not a Catholic but I play one on Topix" routine has failed miserably.
You're not even a pretend Christian so Nettie and I've got it over on you.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4455 Feb 8, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they can reconstruct what the oldest existing manuscripts said, NOT what the ORIGINAL said. And, how do you know that even the original was an accurate transcription of the original stories that were passed down by oral tradition? Oh, right...you don't.
They can and do know what the originals said by using the many copies they have. Keep in in mind there are no originals for any ancient works. Most on average are over 1000 years after they were written. The New Testament comes within 70-80 year's of the events. They are by far the best attested manuscripts in the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News N.C., Miss. 'religious freedom' measures hardly... 3 min here 623
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 9 min woodtick57 1,592
News The Right Fights Wedding Cake War on Overly Nar... 46 min Imprtnrd 3
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 49 min June VanDerMark 9,710
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Jackie 34,188
News Republican John Boehner calls Ted Cruz 'Lucifer... 2 hr The Real Rainbow ... 9
News Many 'Straight' Men Have Gay Sex (Sep '06) 3 hr Hottie9132 4,397
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 7 hr Ray 10,666
More from around the web