Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 183)

Showing posts 3,641 - 3,660 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
You don't understand that people can change in front of each other without breaking out in a perverted sex act?
Two naked men laying face down on the ground in the desert kissing and spilling seed and shedding tears of joy; while Samuel hides and watches behind the Rock to the North; carving Bible verses on a stone tablet......is a bit more than changing fig leaves; sweetheart
If two men did that in today's world; they would be arrested
Here it is again; in plain Olde English:(u and v are swapped)
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18 :1> And it came to passe when hee made an ende of speaking vnto Saul, that the soule of Ionathan was knit with the soule of Dauid, and Ionathan loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Ionathan and Dauid made a couenant, because he loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:4> And Ionathan stript himselfe of the robe that was vpon him, and gaue it to Dauid, and his garments, euen to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
1 Samuel 20:41> And assoone as the ladde was gone, Dauid arose out of a place toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, vntill Dauid exceeded.
1 Samuel 20:42> And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer. And hee arose, and departed: and Ionathan went into the citie.
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mightie fallen in the midst of the battell! O Ionathan, thou wast slaine in thine high places.
2 Samuel 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Ionathan, very pleasant hast thou beene vnto mee: thy loue to mee was wonderfull, passing the loue of women.
++++++++++

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>You're losing this argument over what is clearly printed in the bible very badly!
Man-Woman Marriage verses:
Genesis 2:22-24, Matthew 19:4-6, Mark 10:6-9, Ephesians 5:22-23, Colossians 3:18-19, Hebrews 13:4, 1 Corinthians 7:1-16, Proverbs 19:14, Proverbs 18:22, Proverbs 12:4, Proverbs 31:10, Deuteronomy 24:5, Proverbs 30:18-19, Proverbs 20:6-7, Proverbs 5:18-19

----------
Homosexuality is a sin verses:
Genesis 19:1-11, Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13, 1 Kings 14:24, 1 Kings 15:12, 2 Kings 23:7, Judges 19:16-24, Romans 1:18-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 ,1 Timothy 1:8-10, Jude 1:7

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I asked if it would be a good thing if 99% of heterosexual married couples did not have babies.

Doesn't society have vested interest in having heterosexual couples to have babies?
So why should we support relationships that cannot procreate?
So, you agree you asked a stupid question?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
You are wrong. Once marriage is redefined to accommodate one group it can easily be redefined again to include brother-sister marriages.
This is why a person who supports same sex marriage cannot make a case against other kinds of marriages. Once a law or principle is no longer considered fixed it can easily be manipulated by the powers that be.
Sorry hon, that isn't the way it works. The state has a compelling interest served by denying marriages to folk who are already legally related. Until you can overcome that argument, it doesn't matter if you think they can or even should be accommodated. I have thus far made very clear cases against incestuous marriages, marriage to pets and for good measure, I'll tell you that the state has a compelling interest which is served by limiting folk to one spouse per person at a time. All limits beyond one per would be completely arbitrary and indefensible, plural marriages cannot be accommodated because they are impossible to define or limit.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>and what makes YOU think YOU are not?
We already know you are a parasite.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. "Safe sex". Millions and millions of people have diseases and have killed their young in the name of "safe sex".
Well; if the CDC is wrong about that; then everything else they print is wrong too ;o))

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I asked if it would be a good thing if 99% of heterosexual married couples did not have babies.
Doesn't society have vested interest in having heterosexual couples to have babies?
By your thought process, a couple, male and female that are incapable of having children should not be allowed to be married.

I have looked into each states marriage requirements. None of them require procreation as a condition of marriage.

Reproduction of the species is a sex act, marriage is not required.

If you limit marriage to only people who are capable of reproduction,you are being very discriminatory towards others. As I stated my wife and I are in our 50's, well beyond the age for reproduction. By your standards we should not be married.

By your standards, a heterosexual couple, who do not intend to have children can not be married.

By your standard any one wishing to have children must be married.

You have failed at an epic proportion.

One more question, if two people are atheists should they be allowed to marry? How about having children?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Jeff wrote:
Because we cannot require 'proof of baby' to qualify a couple to purchase a $35 marriage license

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Two naked men laying face down on the ground in the desert kissing and spilling seed and shedding tears of joy; while Samuel hides and watches behind the Rock to the North; carving Bible verses on a stone tablet......is a bit more than changing fig leaves; sweetheart
If two men did that in today's world; they would be arrested
Here it is again; in plain Olde English:(u and v are swapped)
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18 :1> And it came to passe when hee made an ende of speaking vnto Saul, that the soule of Ionathan was knit with the soule of Dauid, and Ionathan loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Ionathan and Dauid made a couenant, because he loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:4> And Ionathan stript himselfe of the robe that was vpon him, and gaue it to Dauid, and his garments, euen to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
1 Samuel 20:41> And assoone as the ladde was gone, Dauid arose out of a place toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, vntill Dauid exceeded.
1 Samuel 20:42> And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer. And hee arose, and departed: and Ionathan went into the citie.
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mightie fallen in the midst of the battell! O Ionathan, thou wast slaine in thine high places.
2 Samuel 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Ionathan, very pleasant hast thou beene vnto mee: thy loue to mee was wonderfull, passing the loue of women.
++++++++++
Those verses just show the close friendship of David and Jonathan.
----------
Here is a link to those verses for those that want a modern spelling:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey idiot!
This man protected your freedom, while you were sitting in a corner, sucking your thumb. Now that he's retired, he has a very successful business. What have YOU ever done?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry hon, that isn't the way it works. The state has a compelling interest served by denying marriages to folk who are already legally related. Until you can overcome that argument, it doesn't matter if you think they can or even should be accommodated. I have thus far made very clear cases against incestuous marriages, marriage to pets and for good measure, I'll tell you that the state has a compelling interest which is served by limiting folk to one spouse per person at a time. All limits beyond one per would be completely arbitrary and indefensible, plural marriages cannot be accommodated because they are impossible to define or limit.
The state has no compelling interest to allow same sex marriage and yet it wants to. Same sex marriages don't procreate naturally so they it does not benefit society. Now that marriage is being redefined we should expect to see all kinds of different marriages. In plural marriages can procreate. Even incest relationships can.
The grounds for same sex marriage is on very shaky legal grounds.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 2:22-24, Matthew 19:4-6, Mark 10:6-9, Ephesians 5:22-23, Colossians 3:18-19, Hebrews 13:4, 1 Corinthians 7:1-16, Proverbs 19:14, Proverbs 18:22, Proverbs 12:4, Proverbs 31:10, Deuteronomy 24:5, Proverbs 30:18-19, Proverbs 20:6-7, Proverbs 5:18-19
----------
Genesis 19:1-11, Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13, 1 Kings 14:24, 1 Kings 15:12, 2 Kings 23:7, Judges 19:16-24, Romans 1:18-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 ,1 Timothy 1:8-10, Jude 1:7
Excuse me, but I must ask a few questions.

I see that on more than one occasion you have referenced the Old Testament. Do you in fact follow and obey all 613 laws as given in the old testament? If not why. Are you holding homosexuals to a different biblical standard than that of heterosexuals?

I do hope that the standards for marriage given in the Old Testament in no way implies that marriage is limited to one man and one woman. Truth be told, its very much the opposite. Its between a man and as many females as he can catch, capture, buy, steal, pillage, plunder or be given or sold.

Take the book of Genesis. Adam and Eve had Cain and Able, they intern married. The question is who did they marry. My guess would be Eve.
We could talk about Good King Solomon, he had what 700 wives and 300 concubines. That's not one woman and one man now is it.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the fetus human?
This song represents what you do when you have nothing else:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
OK lets take a look at one; sugar
++++++++++
1 Corinthians 6:9> Know yee not that the vnrighteous shall not inherite the kingdome of God? Be not deceiued: neither fornicatours, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselues with mankinde,
1 Corinthians 6:10> Nor theeues, nor couetous, nor drunkards, nor reuilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
++++++++++
Ummmm
Gay people are neither mentioned nor implied
You may very well be wrong about the entire Bible!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<
I said.. you are LOSING this argument VERY badly..

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question ASKED instead of being the coward you are and deflecting.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
The state has no compelling interest to allow same sex marriage and yet it wants to.
The State has NO compelling reason to deny the right to marry to Same-Sex Couples regardless of what you think.........now, if marriage was tied specifically to procreation......then you might have a point, but seeing as a couple is not required to procreate in order to marry......you've got NOTHING.......a lot like the proponents of Prop 8!!!

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Those verses just show the close friendship of David and Jonathan.
----------
Here is a link to those verses for those that want a modern spelling:

My how it changes when you reread in the Jewish version

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, regardless of whether Gays and Lesbians have the right to marry.......HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH STRAIGHTS HAVING BABIES or for that matter Gays and Lesbians from having babies!!!

Your absolute crap is just that......CRAP!!!!
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Answer the question ASKED instead of being the coward you are and deflecting.
I have to wonder what it would be like to have an intelligent conversation with you. I just can't get my mind around that concept.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,641 - 3,660 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••