Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 18)

Showing posts 341 - 360 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#369
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jeff wrote:
The majority of scholars etc understand that the Bible is against the practice of homosexuality. Its those that want to justify homosexual practices that pervert the Bible to support it.
If homosexuality is natural then why are the sexual organs of men not designed for it? If its natural, then why is it so deadly to those who engage in it?
Just because someone has a desire for something does not mean its right or healthy. We know this is the case for many things including the practice of same sex sexual practices.
You can claim all the scholarly approval you can muster for your choice of interpretations, that doesn't change the reality it was your choice, not God's. If you want to believe that God doesn't approve of us and/or what you fantasize what we do, fine, but convincing me that I should believe such nonsense with you, not happening yet, even with all your scholars.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#370
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You Fa$$ots are unbelievable. You're so delusional, you believe anything you want to believe. That's why your perverted lifestyle seems normal to you.
You remind me of Buffy the vampire slayer. LMFAO
you homophobes are unbelievable, and so delusional!

you ignore scientific evidence that demonstrates the reality of gay people being born the way they are just as they have been saying for centuries just because it conflicts with your insane interpretation of Christianity based on hate and judgment and the worship of a false god of conditional love.

Just because I stick up for my brothers and sisters who were born gay does not mean I am not a heterosexual. You prejudge anyone who dares to side with those you hate in your rage induced madness.

And your rage is a symptom of your fear of what lurks inside your own mind. As long as you keep feeding your rage your mental state will continue to deteriorate.

My lifestyle includes loving those around me, wife, children, grand children, and great grandchildren and neighbors regardless of their sexual orientation.

GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#371
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No Surprise threw logic out long ago when it comes to homosexuals. He blames the support groups for teen gays and lesbians for them killing themselves and not the bigots or the churches that are giving them the reason these kids want to do so in the first place. According to him, the homosexual teen should just shut up and stay in the closet.
Proof and absolutely nothing but proof of your un-Christian deceiving mentality. Fricking half truth lying pathetic not a Christian by any means...lol. How common of you.
Why don't you tell the other half of the story deceitful one? What, wouldn't your post sound as well if you'd tell the whole story? Fricking half truth liar. And you claim yourself a Christian that tells the truth? You aren't a Christian and you are a liar by not telling the truth.
Why don't you tell these folks how you and nomo blamed all Mormon parents for the suicide deaths of all gay teens? Why don't you tell these folks how extreme you and nomo were for weeks, trying to show how every active and non-active Mormon parent were responsible for the death of every gay teen suicide that happened? Why don't you tell these folks how you and nomo wouldn't speak with any intelligence in that matter? That it was a blame Mormon parents for all gay teen suicide deaths?
Why don't you explain that as you went extreme with your stupidity of thought, I sarcastically went the opposite direction as you were going and did as you did?
Fricking half truth lying fake *ssed Christian. You need to quit telling people you're a Christian while involving yourself in so much open deceit and pathetic lies just so you can have what you think is something vicious to say about someone.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#372
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so self righteous in your definition of what a bigot is while defend one of the most racist, and bigot church in America. Bigotry is fine and dandy with you as long as someone is claiming God said it.
Feel free to call me a bigot when it comes to Mormonism because I openly say I hate the LDS church. It is a foul and disgusting excuse of a religion, just like Islam, using and abusing the good of of the Lord to repress and degrade people. I also hate the KKK, Communist, and the Nazi's if you want to keep a record of what I hate. Some groups earn it.
You can polish a turd all day, and it will still be a turd.
lol...very well said, you do your best to polish your asinine rants as something intelligent and they still come out sounding like *hit.
Understand when you hate a religion you hate the people. People are that religion you hate. So you have well declared you think all Mormons from infants to the elderly are foul and disgusting and you have a malevolent hate for them all.
See, there is no intelligence in hating a word. A word is nothing unless there is something behind it to hate. Behind the word Mormon are people. So to logically hate the word Mormon one would have to directly/indirectly hate those that support the word Mormon and like the word Mormon.
You set your personal religious belief as better than other religious beliefs. Merrian-Webster by description claims you define yourself a bigot by doing that. You are a self defined bigot and your proud of that as usual.
And neither am I self righteous as the definition of the word goes. So you're a liar again. A self deluded liar. I have never claimed my religious beliefs are superior to anyone else's religious or non-religious beliefs. I have never said as you and Smurf claim that what others think whom you disagree with, their wrong and and incorrect and should be listening to "your truth" of God as you and Smurf feel you two know it all when it comes to God and how to believe.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#374
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are proof your mother likes to have sex with donkeys, because you're a jackass. The best part of you ran down your mother's leg
lolol...and that is how a good, kind, loving Christian called Dana defines what a Christian is... by the filth he speaks...yet to a good, kind, loving Christian like Dana, speaking filth and garbage is what a good, kind loving Christian should be saying.
You should really back off defining yourself as a Christian till you actually take on the persona of what a real Christian is dude, just saying. You could start the process by laying off all the filth and garbage and deceiving lies your so fond of saying, know what I mean? Tell me if you need examples of your lies filth and garbage. You can use the above post for the first example of how not to speak as a Christian :)

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#375
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus doesn't matter or you'd be fighting to ban shellfish too - unless you're a hypocrite (oh yes, you are.)
Romans is the only one of the handful of passages you can possibly take seriously. Biblical scholars will tell you one of the most important aspects of understanding it is to find other passages to confirm what you think one passage means. Yet here sits this one passage, you assume to be about homosexuality.
It certainly isn't about committed gay marriages.
If it were as important as you make it out to be, don't you think it would have been VERY clear - like the passages about adultery, divorce, loving thy neighbor, resting on the Sabbath (I hope you don't watch football or go to Walmart on the Sabbath, do you, hypocrite?)
Next.
Eating shell fish has no connection to the debated issue of sexual sins/wrongs/trespasses. I'm always left wondering how mostly same sex marriage advocates try and show the relevancy between sexual sins and non-sexual sins to justify their point of view.
The Bible never once endorses same sex relationships or same sex marriages. Whackos call David a flaming gay to support their want to prove the Bible supports same sex relationships/marriages.
Unfortunately they purposefully forget the fact that David so burned for the lust of a woman he had her husband killed so he could have her. They also purposefully forget David married many wives and had many children. He loved Bathsheba to his death.
If anything was possible by extreme interpretation, it could be said David was a heterosexual that possibly had a single same sex relationship.
The Bible really shouldn't be used by same sex advocates to prove God endorses same sex marriages. The support isn't there but by extreme mis-interpretation of the scriptures.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#376
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Before I do that show where a same sex couple can procreate naturally on their own without any outside help. Next, demonstrate how a man can be a mommy and a woman can be a daddy.
If you can do that then we can discuss whether there really is such a thing as a "same sex" marriage.
Wrong. The burden is on you.

Show me the daddy in a single-mother household or shut up because that renders your argument moot.

Show me the impotent man and his wife who can procreate naturally on their own without any outside help or shut up because that renders your argument moot.

Show me the senior citizen heterosexual couple, never before married, never before with child, who can procreate naturally on their own without any outside help or shut up because that renders your argument moot.

All these couples raise children in the same (or much more challenging, in the case of the single mother or father) circumstances as gay couples.

The only difference is your prejudice, which is wrong and immoral. Society will correct you, then shame you, then ridicule you, while rendering you irrelevant.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#378
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of scholars etc understand that the Bible is against the practice of homosexuality. Its those that want to justify homosexual practices that pervert the Bible to support it.
If homosexuality is natural then why are the sexual organs of men not designed for it? If its natural, then why is it so deadly to those who engage in it?
Just because someone has a desire for something does not mean its right or healthy. We know this is the case for many things including the practice of same sex sexual practices.
1. Which bible? Can you prove that any version is the 100% inerrant and intact Word of God? I'll answer for you: no, you can't.

2. If homosexuality is not natural then why is it found in nature?

3. Your "deadly" statistics are a myth. What was your argument before 1980? I'll answer for you: "Duh..."

4. Just because someone doesn't understand something does not mean it's wrong or unhealthy. We know many groups who have gone down this road based on prejudice before. We repudiate them, and you.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#379
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof and absolutely nothing but proof of your un-Christian deceiving mentality. Fricking half truth lying pathetic not a Christian by any means...lol. How common of you.
Why don't you tell the other half of the story deceitful one? What, wouldn't your post sound as well if you'd tell the whole story? Fricking half truth liar. And you claim yourself a Christian that tells the truth? You aren't a Christian and you are a liar by not telling the truth.
Why don't you tell these folks how you and nomo blamed all Mormon parents for the suicide deaths of all gay teens? Why don't you tell these folks how extreme you and nomo were for weeks, trying to show how every active and non-active Mormon parent were responsible for the death of every gay teen suicide that happened? Why don't you tell these folks how you and nomo wouldn't speak with any intelligence in that matter? That it was a blame Mormon parents for all gay teen suicide deaths?
Why don't you explain that as you went extreme with your stupidity of thought, I sarcastically went the opposite direction as you were going and did as you did?
Fricking half truth lying fake *ssed Christian. You need to quit telling people you're a Christian while involving yourself in so much open deceit and pathetic lies just so you can have what you think is something vicious to say about someone.
You sound like your feelings are hurt.

Not as hurt as the feelings of all the kids who killed themselves because of hateful and inhumane propaganda put out by the Mormon church (and others.)
Catholic Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#380
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

AcelibateGayChristian wrote:
The gay community will certainly use gay marriage as a way to harass any religious denominations that refuse to support them. It is religious persecution, sanctioned by the secular left in 2009.
Why harass anyone? Bunch of cry babies. Wha, Wha!!

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#381
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Tony C wrote:
There are no wives in a gay male marriage.
You realize that was a really ignorant thing to state? A bit extreme in context but as it is your opinion, it remains an incorrect opinion.
Many (not all as your relationship is an example)in same sex relationships position themselves mentally as the wife or husband because that is the role they favour. They usually act out that role in the relationship and have no problem doing it.

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#382
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Wayne wrote:
Gay marriage,,The return of the Lord is closer and closer,,Hell awaits the sinning homosexuals,,and any other sinner who does not accept Christ and repent.
AMEN.......
Catholic Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#383
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

After reading most of these posts. I dislike the gay community even more now. It is my right to dislike anything and anyone. Before you attack me, Not breaking any commandments here just stating my dislike for this abomination of God's creation. You are mean wicked people. jealous of your own image. get over it and get straight.
Catholic Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#384
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Topic should state, pit gays against straights.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#385
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Eating shell fish has no connection to the debated issue of sexual sins/wrongs/trespasses. I'm always left wondering how mostly same sex marriage advocates try and show the relevancy between sexual sins and non-sexual sins to justify their point of view.
The Bible never once endorses same sex relationships or same sex marriages. Whackos call David a flaming gay to support their want to prove the Bible supports same sex relationships/marriages.
Unfortunately they purposefully forget the fact that David so burned for the lust of a woman he had her husband killed so he could have her. They also purposefully forget David married many wives and had many children. He loved Bathsheba to his death.
If anything was possible by extreme interpretation, it could be said David was a heterosexual that possibly had a single same sex relationship.
The Bible really shouldn't be used by same sex advocates to prove God endorses same sex marriages. The support isn't there but by extreme mis-interpretation of the scriptures.
There is no difference between sexual sins and non-sexual sins. That's modern made-up nonsense used to justify bigotry against gay people. A sin is a sin. You break one, you broke 'em all.

The reason that comes up is because people tend to ignorantly quote Leviticus as an anti-gay passage, yet they ignore on the very same page prohibitions against eating shellfish, blending fibers, etc. We don't bring it up. Your side does. But it is the obvious and thorough rebuttal when they do.

Which bible are you talking about? There are so many versions. How do you know the one you are using is the 100% accurate, inerrant, perfectly translated Word of God? If you are following something so closely as to use one sentence against an entire group of people, shouldn't you be 100% certain it's accurate? Or is the fact that your prejudice WANTS it to be accurate enough? If you are Mormon, then you of all people know there are different bibles all over the place. Oh, and ZERO of the originals exist, so the oldest available texts are in ancient languages, which are impossible to perfectly translate into English. Next.

There is absolutely nothing in any of the bibles I've read about committed same-sex couples. They all seem to reference married heterosexual men who suddenly run out whoring with other men. That does not represent me or my marriage. I'm against that kind of behavior as well.

Any English version of the bible is a dead book. God could have preserved the translations, but He didn't. If He had, there would only be one version. And if homosexuality were as bad as you all make it out to be, it would have been beyond dispute in there. There is no dispute about murder or adultery, because it's repeated over and over, clearly and explicitly, like loving thy neighbor and keeping the Sabbath.

Now, that doesn't mean (IMO) that you throw it out entirely. It's a good starting point for some context, some history, a jumping-off point for prayer, but worthless without an active prayerful relationship with God. Following every detail to the letter amounts to idol worship.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#386
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize that was a really ignorant thing to state? A bit extreme in context but as it is your opinion, it remains an incorrect opinion.
Many (not all as your relationship is an example)in same sex relationships position themselves mentally as the wife or husband because that is the role they favour. They usually act out that role in the relationship and have no problem doing it.
That's what they tell you in those crazy emails, right?

Ignorant fool.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#387
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a simpleton would think that marriage is only for having children. If that were true, we wouldn't allow senior citizens to get married either because they couldn't have children.
But one way for a man to be a mommy is for him to adopt a child. Many women have had to do so in order to be mommies. And homosexuals don't have abortions.
So you're calling almost all of your ancestors simpletons because they believed marriage was mainly for the hope of having biological children of one's blood line? Why am I not surprised you'd claim such a thing of your own living/dead ancestors...fricking funny.
Senior citizens who usually don't believe in "shacking up" get married so they can be "legally wed" to someone to love and to care for. The elderly don't usually marry to have kids as most have usually already had kids. They marry for companionship. That is why "most" elderly get married/remarried. A few do it for reasons not worth mentioning. So your point is invalid for a comparison.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#388
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Catholic Girl wrote:
After reading most of these posts. I dislike the gay community even more now. It is my right to dislike anything and anyone. Before you attack me, Not breaking any commandments here just stating my dislike for this abomination of God's creation. You are mean wicked people. jealous of your own image. get over it and get straight.
Yeah we really don't care what you think. Of course you can dislike anyone you want.

But as the law continues to come correct, you will not be able to legally discriminate against us. That's all that matters.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#389
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're calling almost all of your ancestors simpletons because they believed marriage was mainly for the hope of having biological children of one's blood line? Why am I not surprised you'd claim such a thing of your own living/dead ancestors...fricking funny.
Senior citizens who usually don't believe in "shacking up" get married so they can be "legally wed" to someone to love and to care for. The elderly don't usually marry to have kids as most have usually already had kids. They marry for companionship. That is why "most" elderly get married/remarried. A few do it for reasons not worth mentioning. So your point is invalid for a comparison.
You will twist anything to rationalize your prejudice.

Most of our ancestors were not faced with this question in the manner it is being faced today. There were far fewer "out" people. There was far more stereotyping. But most people today "get it." Why don't you?

You can make excuses for the elderly all you want, and you can play games of "most" or "few." But the fact is, senior citizens who have never been married and never had children still get married and have no challenge to their legal marriages. If you want to say that they marry for "companionship" then so do we.

Now go ahead and contradict yourself again, hypocrite.(What did the bibles say about hypocrites?)

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#390
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You will twist anything to rationalize your prejudice.
Most of our ancestors were not faced with this question in the manner it is being faced today. There were far fewer "out" people. There was far more stereotyping. But most people today "get it." Why don't you?
You can make excuses for the elderly all you want, and you can play games of "most" or "few." But the fact is, senior citizens who have never been married and never had children still get married and have no challenge to their legal marriages. If you want to say that they marry for "companionship" then so do we.
Now go ahead and contradict yourself again, hypocrite.(What did the bibles say about hypocrites?)
THANK YOU! And what does this idiot know about my ancestors and their views anyway? He loves to assume, showing why he acts like an ass all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 341 - 360 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••