Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Read more: news.yahoo.com 16,103

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Read more

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#4184 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no prejudices against homosexuals. They need Jesus just like everyone else. But calling a sinner a sinner is being bigoted? God forbid!
Since everyone is a sinner, what is the point of you calling another sinner a sinner?

Who do you think you are? Are you arrogant enough to think God needs your help?

And yes, denying equal rights to anyone in America is bigoted.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#4185 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true, this verse comes to mind:
Proverbs 23:9- Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.
That's a good reason to cut you off.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#4186 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Society needs to get back to the ways of God. Where men and women dated, fell in love, got married, THEN had sex.
This is how God wanted it to be, MARRIAGE is only between a MAN and WOMAN!
Try the hot tub time machine. Otherwise get on with your life.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#4187 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are NOT posting the truth. You are outright lying, and making a complete fool out of yourself in the process.
Yeah no, he's still not making a fool out of himself.

You OTOH...
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4188 Feb 7, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
No, abortion can never harm a baby. Abortion prevents babies. Abortion removes fetuses - some like to pretend that that means it kills fetuses, but that is debatable.
Were you ever a non-human fetus?

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#4189 Feb 7, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Since everyone is a sinner, what is the point of you calling another sinner a sinner?
Who do you think you are? Are you arrogant enough to think God needs your help?
And yes, denying equal rights to anyone in America is bigoted.
This is a discussion forum. The thread title is "Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?"........what do you want me to post about,'butterflies and flowers'?

The Holy Bible is crystal clear that marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN.....plus homosexuality is a sin......plus any sex outside of marriage is a sin......

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#4190 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't be here if I didn't love my neighbor. I won't be silent when Satan is leading so many to their eternal Damnation in Hell.
Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life; no man comes to the Father but by Him!
What happens to people who never hear of Jesus? Do they all go to hell?

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#4191 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are NOT posting the truth. You are outright lying, and making a complete fool out of yourself in the process.
Actually, IT'S you and your fundie idiots who are posting crap from a mythical book all because you want to believe in it......but there is way MORE truths out there that you simply refuse to acknowledge........and just because you don't, doesn't mean they aren't important!!!!

#4192 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
The Holy Bible is crystal clear that marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN.....plus homosexuality is a sin......plus any sex outside of marriage is a sin......
Again, seeing as we don't live in a THEOCRACY and your bible has NO BEARING on the right of States to define marriage.......your understanding of what you think it says about Gays and Lesbians is IRRELEVANT!!!

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4193 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you ever a non-human fetus?
a fetus is not a baby.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4194 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
Our Bible gives step-by-step instructions for a successful marriage until death do we part
It is the most detailed example of marriage in the entire Bible
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18 :1> And it came to passe when hee made an ende of speaking vnto Saul, that the soule of Ionathan was knit with the soule of Dauid, and Ionathan loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Ionathan and Dauid made a couenant, because he loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:4> And Ionathan stript himselfe of the robe that was vpon him, and gaue it to Dauid, and his garments, euen to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
1 Samuel 20:41> And assoone as the ladde was gone, Dauid arose out of a place toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, vntill Dauid exceeded.
1 Samuel 20:42> And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer. And hee arose, and departed: and Ionathan went into the citie.
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mightie fallen in the midst of the battell! O Ionathan, thou wast slaine in thine high places.
2 Samuel 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Ionathan, very pleasant hast thou beene vnto mee: thy loue to mee was wonderfull, passing the loue of women.
++++++++++

North Hollywood, CA

#4195 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a discussion forum. The thread title is "Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?"........what do you want me to post about,'butterflies and flowers'?
The Holey Buy-bull is crystal clear that people who work on SATURDAYS should be tortured to death...plus wearing poly/cotton blends is a sin...plus eating shrimp is a sin...Jesus H Christ...just about everything is a sin....

North Hollywood, CA

#4196 Feb 7, 2013
Tony C wrote:
2. Since I am married, I can tell you nowhere in my thinking was, "I think I'll spend $10,000 and get all my family and friends to fly in from wherever they may be, and recite vows before God to bring people to tears...just to mock marriage." Quite the opposite.
Brilliant beyond belief.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4197 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion kills babies.
No it doesn't.

Definition of BABY

a (1): an extremely young child; especially : infant (2): an extremely young animal

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#4198 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>This is a discussion forum. The thread title is "Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?"........what do you want me to post about,'butterflies and flowers'?

The bible clearly says a father should make his daughter marry her rapist....which makes what u just posted kind of silly.

#4199 Feb 7, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Bible gives step-by-step instructions for a successful marriage until death do we part
It is the most detailed example of marriage in the entire Bible
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18 :1> And it came to passe when hee made an ende of speaking vnto Saul, that the soule of Ionathan was knit with the soule of Dauid, and Ionathan loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Ionathan and Dauid made a couenant, because he loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:4> And Ionathan stript himselfe of the robe that was vpon him, and gaue it to Dauid, and his garments, euen to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
1 Samuel 20:41> And assoone as the ladde was gone, Dauid arose out of a place toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, vntill Dauid exceeded.
1 Samuel 20:42> And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer. And hee arose, and departed: and Ionathan went into the citie.
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mightie fallen in the midst of the battell! O Ionathan, thou wast slaine in thine high places.
2 Samuel 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Ionathan, very pleasant hast thou beene vnto mee: thy loue to mee was wonderfull, passing the loue of women.
++++++++++
Repeating the same thing over and over?

NORMAL people can change in front of someone without thinking it's sex act. David and Jonathan were close friends, like brothers. Only a complete disgusting filthy pervert would read more into those verses than what is written.

#4200 Feb 7, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible clearly says a father should make his daughter marry her rapist....which makes what u just posted kind of silly.
You are repeating the same asinine lies from the anti-Christian trash sites. None of you unbelievers have a brain of your own? The anti-Christian trash sites just make you look like morons.

Monkey see, monkey do...straight to the pit of Hell.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4201 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating the same thing over and over?
NORMAL people can change in front of someone without thinking it's sex act. David and Jonathan were close friends, like brothers. Only a complete disgusting filthy pervert would read more into those verses than what is written.
Yea but they don't show their woody do they.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#4202 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>You are repeating the same asinine lies from the anti-Christian trash sites. None of you unbelievers have a brain of your own? The anti-Christian trash sites just make you look like morons.

Monkey see, monkey do...straight to the pit of Hell.
U mean the bible??

#4204 Feb 7, 2013
Hey Jeff,
This 22 month old little boy is SO DAMN LUCKY TO HAVE THESE GREAT HETEROSEXUALS AS PARENTS.....I think not:
MAPLEWOOD, Minn.(WCCO)— Two people have been arrested and charged after police found them drunk inside a “putrid” Maplewood residence with a 22-month-old child inside.

Both Clayton Steven Johnson, 26, and Rebecca Lee Koecher, 23, have been charged with neglect of a child.

Police responded to a call from Johnson’s landlord who said that Johnson was drunk and banging on his back door. Police went to Johnson’s residence on the 1800 block of County Road B.
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/02/07/char...

Just goes to show ya that not all who can have children.....SHOULD HAVE CHILDREN!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are the mods fair and balanced? 5 min Poof1 508
News Paleologos on the poll: Gay marriage 9 min doty 21
News Same-sex couple wants both names on birth certi... 11 min Fa-Foxy 2
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 11 min NoMo 2,643
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 18 min Terra Firma 19,355
News What It Was Like at the First Gay Rights Demons... 22 min Christian Taliban 13
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 28 min Respect71 2,787
News Which presidential hopefuls would attend a gay ... 44 min Fa-Foxy 170
News Hillary Clinton has a new position on same-sex ... 2 hr Fa-Foxy 274
News Shop owner will deny - openly gay' customers 2 hr Gville Jim 56
More from around the web