Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,103

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Read more
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3922 Feb 6, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>My daughter is not alone, you see she has a family, and we would always support her no matter what. Reguardless of that, I am sure that she would do just fine. You see she was raised to be self sufficient and independent. Why do you think so little of women??? You know Ward, June has a mind and the ability to raise the Beaver with out your sorry ass. Why they cam EVEN be a CEO of a huge business, doctors, lawyers, buss drivers, plumbers hell fire son they can be in the Clergy.
Ok. What about women who have children but have no help from the father? Do you you think women can handle this with no serious problems?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#3923 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Already answered the elderly question. It is true that children raised in single parent households will most likely have problems. I am not for single parent adoption.
Now answer my questions: should a brother and sister be able to marry each other? How about group marriages?
ANSWER THE QUESTIONS.
Why SHOULD a brother and sister be able to marry each other? Why SHOULDN'T a brother and sister be able to marry each other? Are there compelling secular goods served by prohibiting such marriages?

As for polygamy, there is no valid reason to prohibit such marriages. No secular good is served by prohibiting such marriages. And, the federal government shouldn't have interfered in the LDS church's faith to allow for Utah's statehood. I support religious freedom AND secular freedom. Why don't you?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3924 Feb 6, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
IF NOT, WHY NOT?
They are blood.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3925 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>Ok. What about women who have children but have no help from the father? Do you you think women can handle this with no serious problems?
I know women who have raised their children with no help from the father. They did it quite successfully. Why wouldn't they?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#3926 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. What about women who have children but have no help from the father? Do you you think women can handle this with no serious problems?
Why are there no laws to prohibit the elderly from marrying, nor the infertile, nor those who choose not to procreate?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3927 Feb 6, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Jeff, think, two men who are not HIV positive, become married and maintain a monogamous marriage, how can they become HIV positive?? Surly not through sex dummy. Now tell me how many lesbians have HIV/AIDS??? Not to many. That being said your still a moron
If I'm such a moron why do you look like a fool?

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3928 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think so little of women??? You know Ward, June has a mind and the ability to raise the Beaver with out your sorry ass. Why they cam EVEN be a CEO of a huge business, doctors, lawyers, buss drivers, plumbers hell fire son they can be in the Clergy.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3929 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeffy buttercup your hypocrisy is showing. Why not answer some of the questions being asked of you. Scared? Are you upset? Having a bad bigot day? Does Jesus hate you?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#3930 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
They are blood.
Are you retarded?

I asked if children should be taken from single-parent households and given to married heterosexual couples. You said:
Jeff wrote:
Don't take them away if divorce-abandonment or death is the cause of the single parent.
LowellGuy wrote:
IF NOT, WHY NOT?
They are not blood.

Answer the question.

But, you DO support taking children away from single-parent households and giving them to married heterosexual couples.

Why shouldn't they be taken away for divorce or abandonment? For that matter, are there any other reasons for which children shouldn't be taken from single-parent households? For which reasons should they be? Please be specific.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#3931 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#3932 Feb 6, 2013
Actually, my bad. They are blood, indeed. However, why does the gold standard go out the window?

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#3933 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking from personal experience.......being a single parent has it's unique challenges, but I wouldn't have changed it for anything in the world........and now, my child is all grown up......and has her own family!!!

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#3934 Feb 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I know women who have raised their children with no help from the father. They did it quite successfully. Why wouldn't they?
I raised 2 boys on my own after my first husband died. My oldest is working on his masters, owns a nightclub/music venue with partners, his band just got signed my a major music management company and just got a record deal here and the UK, is currently touring with his band and their last album just hit #20 metal band genre on iTunes.

My younger is still in highschool, and accomplish guitar and piano player and just wrote a paper for his English class on the evils of the Westboro Baptist Church.

I couldn't ask for them to have turned out any better.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#3935 Feb 6, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you retarded?
I asked if children should be taken from single-parent households and given to married heterosexual couples. You said:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
They are not blood.
Answer the question.
But, you DO support taking children away from single-parent households and giving them to married heterosexual couples.
Why shouldn't they be taken away for divorce or abandonment? For that matter, are there any other reasons for which children shouldn't be taken from single-parent households? For which reasons should they be? Please be specific.
He cornered himself with his own stupidity and can't lie his way out of it..........LOL

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#3936 Feb 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither. You're the one that didn't listen to what I told you. So you perpetuate your own lie of something you have no knowledge of because you didn't listen to 'everything' I told you.
I said I had been a member of the church for about three(3) months when I quit attending. I was excommunicated about 4 to 5 years later.
Nope, that's not what you said. Sorry.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#3937 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you want your daughter raising 2-3 children without a husband-father around? Do you think she could do it all on her own?
YUP! ESPECIALLY if you were around! ant.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3938 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You DEFINITELY the moron!
No question about that!

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#3939 Feb 6, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I raised 2 boys on my own after my first husband died. My oldest is working on his masters, owns a nightclub/music venue with partners, his band just got signed my a major music management company and just got a record deal here and the UK, is currently touring with his band and their last album just hit #20 metal band genre on iTunes.
My younger is still in highschool, and accomplish guitar and piano player and just wrote a paper for his English class on the evils of the Westboro Baptist Church.
Did I mention I raised them while working full time at my University and running my own business?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3940 Feb 6, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>I raised 2 boys on my own after my first husband died. My oldest is working on his masters, owns a nightclub/music venue with partners, his band just got signed my a major music management company and just got a record deal here and the UK, is currently touring with his band and their last album just hit #20 metal band genre on iTunes.

Beautiful. This weirdo seems to think it isn't possible for some reason. I just spent a week vacationing with my sister and her 3 adult children. All successful, beautiful young adults with bright futures, humanist views and positive outlooks.
Kudos to ur son for writing about WBC..I read today that 2 more phelps family members defected from the church. They said they actually prayed for people to die.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3941 Feb 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Beautiful. This weirdo seems to think it isn't possible for some reason. I just spent a week vacationing with my sister and her 3 adult children. All successful, beautiful young adults with bright futures, humanist views and positive outlooks.
Kudos to ur son for writing about WBC..I read today that 2 more phelps family members defected from the church. They said they actually prayed for people to die.
link?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 5 min Isahella 30,890
News Pence: 'Not going to change' religious freedom law 5 min Have U Hugged a G... 9
News Pastor stands against same-sex marriage 6 min Auntie Theist 337
News 'Not going to change': Indiana gov defends reli... 7 min Mr_SKY 49
News Indiana officials look to stem religious object... 8 min Abrahamanic Relig... 62
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 14 min Just Think 58,873
Adult babies (Jul '13) 14 min Andrew 48 22
News Child of Lesbian Moms Says Same-Sex Marriage Is... 23 min cpeter1313 571
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 42 min nhjeff 1,622
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 47 min Jonah1 17,799
News Indiana's Religious 'Anti-Gay' Law That Wasn't 3 hr Scoma Coma 24
More from around the web