Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#3882 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the problems is that homosexual relationships are not that stable. Consider this:
". In Norway, male same-sex marriages are 50 percent more likely to end in divorce than heterosexual marriages, and female same-sex marriages are an astonishing 167 percent more likely to be dissolved. In Sweden, the divorce risk for male-male partnerships is 50 percent higher than for heterosexual marriages, and the divorce risk for female partnerships is nearly double that for men. This should not be surprising: In the United States, women request approximately two-thirds of divorces in all forms of relationships — and have done so since the start of the 19th century — so it reasonably follows that relationships in which both partners are women are more likely to include someone who wishes to exit."
The Gay Divorcees CHARLES C.W. COOKE
Well then, it seems outlawing divorce would solve that problem. Is that what you support?

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#3883 Feb 6, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a war on Christmas when you say "Happy Holidays." But it's OK to refuse service to gay people. LOL.
Exactly!!!

#3884 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the problems is that homosexual relationships are not that stable. Consider this:
". In Norway, male same-sex marriages are 50 percent more likely to end in divorce than heterosexual marriages, and female same-sex marriages are an astonishing 167 percent more likely to be dissolved. In Sweden, the divorce risk for male-male partnerships is 50 percent higher than for heterosexual marriages, and the divorce risk for female partnerships is nearly double that for men. This should not be surprising: In the United States, women request approximately two-thirds of divorces in all forms of relationships — and have done so since the start of the 19th century — so it reasonably follows that relationships in which both partners are women are more likely to include someone who wishes to exit."
Do you actually have something with a verifiable link to it? or just love copying and pasting from anti-gay websites?

You do know that percentages without knowing how many participated in a study or how the methodology was obtained mean nothing, right?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3885 Feb 6, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, it seems outlawing divorce would solve that problem. Is that what you support?
Divorce should be a lot harder and more needs to be done to keep couples together. Its far to easy to walk away.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3886 Feb 6, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>In case you skipped health class, marriage is not required to produce the next generation.
Children born out of wedlock don't do as well.

“Howdy How”

Since: Jan 09

Hayward, CA

#3887 Feb 6, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Its in my pocket, you tell me if its hard?
What can I say to that?

#3888 Feb 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
As recent as the 1800's and into the 1900's, it still happened. A father owning land would give a parcel to his son or daughter that's marrying and, neighbour families would come to help construct a home and barn. How do I know this besides from history that I have read? I have farming/ranching ancestors that did this as recent as the 1930's in Montana.
By the way, the traditions/laws/customs/religi ous practices all brought to this country by the earliest settlers and even by modern immigrants had/have a deep impact on how things happened/happen in this country.
Is it happening today in 2013 here in the United States? if not, then it irrelevant!!!

Sorry, but this Country and our laws were NOT founded on deep religious or other practices and haven't been the custom in that last 83 years by your family ancestors!!!

Again, there are some families that still do that, but not communities!!!

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#3889 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Children have more problems in these families.
Children have more problems in single-parent households. So, do you support taking them away and giving them to married heterosexual couples?

Do you support banning the elderly, the infertile, the infirmed, and those who refuse to procreate from marrying? If not, why not?

ANSWER THE QUESTION.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#3890 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Children in single-parent households don't do as well. Should we take them away and give them to married heterosexual couples? If not, why not?

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3891 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing that both gay men and lesbians don't procreate, the impact would be far less than that of the 50% of all heterosexual marriages that end in divorce. Why are you a clueless moron?

#3892 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to make these claims.....please provide the evidence to back them up......otherwise you're just full of BS!!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3893 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>Divorce should be a lot harder and more needs to be done to keep couples together. Its far to easy to walk away.
Maybe ur church should start condemning divorced people. Shaming and shunning makes such a difference, don't u think?

#3894 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage offers no positive benefits to society. What it does is to promote unhealthy sexual practices.
Only relationships that can naturally procreate should be allowed to marry.
Again, you'd be wrong......Married couples are much healthier and this applies to Gay and Lesbian married couples as well......do you ever get tired of posting garbage just to make your point somehow appear better?

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3895 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
So making child birth that is out of wedlock a criminal offence will be approprate? Given that 90 % of the country is of a religious back ground and some 87% are christian one wonders why are you sick freaks making illegal babies? Cant you people control your sex drive at all? Jumping from bed to bed making bastard children. WAY TO GO!!!

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#3896 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage offers no positive benefits to society. What it does is to promote unhealthy sexual practices.
Only relationships that can naturally procreate should be allowed to marry.
So, you (more explicitly) agree that the elderly, infirmed, infertile, and people who choose not to procreate should be prohibited from marriage. Now, all you need is a legal justification to support it. Let us know when you find one.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3897 Feb 6, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Children have more problems in single-parent households. So, do you support taking them away and giving them to married heterosexual couples?
Do you support banning the elderly, the infertile, the infirmed, and those who refuse to procreate from marrying? If not, why not?
ANSWER THE QUESTION.
Already answered the elderly question. It is true that children raised in single parent households will most likely have problems. I am not for single parent adoption.

Now answer my questions: should a brother and sister be able to marry each other? How about group marriages?

ANSWER THE QUESTIONS.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3898 Feb 6, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Children in single-parent households don't do as well. Should we take them away and give them to married heterosexual couples? If not, why not?
Don't take them away if divorce-abandonment or death is the cause of the single parent.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3899 Feb 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe ur church should start condemning divorced people. Shaming and shunning makes such a difference, don't u think?
No.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3900 Feb 6, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>So making child birth that is out of wedlock a criminal offence will be approprate? Given that 90 % of the country is of a religious back ground and some 87% are christian one wonders why are you sick freaks making illegal babies? Cant you people control your sex drive at all? Jumping from bed to bed making bastard children. WAY TO GO!!!
Do you think its a good idea for a woman to have babies out of wedlock?

#3901 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Already answered the elderly question. It is true that children raised in single parent households will most likely have problems. I am not for single parent adoption.
Now answer my questions: should a brother and sister be able to marry each other? How about group marriages?
ANSWER THE QUESTIONS.
Why don't you answer the questions put forth to you first!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 5 min Tre H 14,916
News Gay couple, devout baker take cake fight to hig... 11 min Wondering 88
News Regional queer youth call for more understandin... 12 min Tre H 12
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 14 min Wondering 125
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 18 min Wondering 58,478
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 1 hr Theocraencyclical 338
News Kentucky Baptists issue threat regarding hiring... 1 hr Frindly 3
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 4 hr How the West Was ... 26,929
More from around the web