Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 162)

Showing posts 3,221 - 3,240 of16,111
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
A baker is being investigated for refusing to bake a cake for a same sex wedding. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/04/oregon-b...
Its happened to bed and breakfast owners. Parents in some schools are being forced to have their children learn about homosexuality against the wishes of the parents.
Look also what happened to Chick-fil-A.
They and people like you made the same noises when a little luncheonette was forced to accept black patrons.

You're the ones who are wrong. Again.
LowellGuy

Baxter, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people don't have a baby before they get married. What we do know is that only 2 opposite sex people can procreate naturally. Same sex cannot.
90 year old women can't procreate, either. Should they be allowed to marry?

Women who have had radical hysterectomies can't procreate, either. Should they be allowed to marry?

Men who have lost their testicles to cancer can't procreate, either. Should they be allowed to marry?
LowellGuy

Baxter, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
A baker is being investigated for refusing to bake a cake for a same sex wedding. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/04/oregon-b...
Its happened to bed and breakfast owners. Parents in some schools are being forced to have their children learn about homosexuality against the wishes of the parents.
Look also what happened to Chick-fil-A.
If I'm against race mixing, and an inter-racial couple wants me to make them a b/w cake celebrating their union, and I deny them my services on the basis of race, do you agree with that?

For the record, businesspeople should be free to be as nice or bigoted as they want to be. Let the free market eliminate them from the economy, and make it easier for good people to know which businesses to avoid. Kind of like how I use the Christian demarcations in phone book listings.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! Those business owners should be sued.
These same folks who are biotching about their supposed "moral" values being attacked would frucking scream bloody murder if someone denied them some religious cake or something else because it could go against that person's "MORAL" values......but we already know that idiots like Jeff don't truly care about the beliefs of others......just their own beliefs!!!
LowellGuy

Baxter, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

doug wrote:
<quoted text> may i point out to it is deft.not natural just imagine the stinky smell, not illegal depending on your laws,non christian Gov. it is definitely perverted and it is completely wrong from the Bible's point of view.
You eat da poo poo!

Insert "bone through nose/chasing a lion/ plate lip" joke here.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people don't have a baby before they get married. What we do know is that only 2 opposite sex people can procreate naturally. Same sex cannot.
I could care less what you and your warped religious interpretations mean to you and you don't get to tell me or anybody else that the reason for marriage is to have kids. If the only reason you got married was to procreate nasty little fundie trolls, as you were, for your religious crap, that's your damn business and not to be forced onto the masses.
LowellGuy

Baxter, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals are not being deprived any rights. Are you for prohibiting the rights of brothers and sisters to marry? Groups to marry?
Blacks and whites weren't being deprived of the right to marry either.

Notice that you never answer questions. You've learned that if you answer questions too often, it will give us ways to catch you in lies or logical contradictions. If you weren't so dishonest, you wouldn't have to work so hard at avoiding providing direct answers to questions.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>In which state is it required that married people reproduce????
None! He's being deceptive as usual.
LowellGuy

Baxter, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexual couples do not reproduce, incapable of modeling balanced parenting to children, children do better in the traditional family than any other kind of family, it would encourage homosexual behavior (which is unhealthy), it would equate same sex marriage as equal to traditional marriage, forces people to accept something that violates their moral convictions.
So, you DO support banning the infertile and elderly from marrying. It would be nice if you'd be more explicit about it, though. Leaving it for us to surmise from your "gay is the bad" posts makes you appear wishy-washy, and you know what the Bible says about that.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice that you never answer questions. You've learned that if you answer questions too often, it will give us ways to catch you in lies or logical contradictions. If you weren't so dishonest, you wouldn't have to work so hard at avoiding providing direct answers to questions.
BRAVO!

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
These same folks who are biotching about their supposed "moral" values being attacked would frucking scream bloody murder if someone denied them some religious cake or something else because it could go against that person's "MORAL" values......but we already know that idiots like Jeff don't truly care about the beliefs of others......just their own beliefs!!!
That's typical of a "immoral" selfish narcissistic fundie.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I could care less what you and your warped religious interpretations mean to you and you don't get to tell me or anybody else that the reason for marriage is to have kids. If the only reason you got married was to procreate nasty little fundie trolls, as you were, for your religious crap, that's your damn business and not to be forced onto the masses.
I'm not basing my arguments against it on religious reasons.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks and whites should be allowed to marry if they are opposite sexes.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's typical of a "immoral" selfish narcissistic fundie.
Why yes it is.......lol!!!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
you must be 12 yrs old.. no adult is as dumb as you are..well, except fundies.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
They should be allowed to marry EVEN if they aren't opposite-sex!!!!

Who are you to decide who should have the right to marry who?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not basing my arguments against it on religious reasons.
What other reason do you have, then? Remember that procreation is not the SOLE reason to marry because many couples marry and do not/can not have children!!!
LowellGuy

Baxter, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? And, what if they're incapable of procreating? Should they still be allowed to marry? If so, why?

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>you must be 12 yrs old.. no adult is as dumb as you are..well, except fundies.
Well he owns you guys in every thread and every debate. Don't you unbelievers ever get tired of looking like fools and losing every single debate? No wonder you unbelievers have to resort to childish and idiotic lies.......

Time to go make up some more lies about the bible......or maybe get your "friends" to start banning people.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? And, what if they're incapable of procreating? Should they still be allowed to marry? If so, why?
Opposite sex people should be allowed to marry. Even people in their old age who cannot procreate still affirm the value of traditional marriage which benefits all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,221 - 3,240 of16,111
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••