Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3800 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not talking about voting or cell phones. We're talking about marriage. Please keep your stupid think in check.
Wow, you're not good at this at all.

See, those examples discredit yours.

Next.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3801 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexual couples do not reproduce, incapable of modeling balanced parenting to children, children do better in the traditional family than any other kind of family, it would encourage homosexual behavior (which is unhealthy), it would equate same sex marriage as equal to traditional marriage, forces people to accept something that violates their moral convictions.
Then you're in the wrong chat room
You need to be cutting off the supply of orphans; not attacking GAY people who give orphans a home
If you don't want gay couples raising straight peoples' kids; tell the straight people >>'keep'<< their kids and raise'em themselves
http://www.adoptuskids.org/
Duh!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3802 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
We Don`t need a 100% perfect bible to answer this issue. If you had true faith you would repent.
Let's reframe this for the stupid.

Let's say massive storms wipe out all computer systems, many structures, most books, etc.

Let's say all we could find as far as a record of "the law" goes was a book written in 1820 that was somehow preserved under the rubble of the Library of Congress.

Do you think that law book would be "close enough" to follow? Would you make everyone abide by that law?

More importantly, why don't you want to know what God really wants? Why are you willing to settle for a translation of a translation of a translation which may not tell you what God really wants?

Answer: you're not in this to please God.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3803 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Children have more problems in these families.
Absolute nonsense.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3804 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. Studies show otherwise.
Disreputable ones perhaps...

Location hidden

#3805 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
Mark Regnerus has been repudiated for that tripe. In fact, he openly admits the obvious sampling error and bias of his so called "study."

Nice try though.

Location hidden

#3806 Feb 6, 2013
BTW, you said studies meaning multiple. Do you have anything else or are you a liar?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3807 Feb 6, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
It says the children have 'far greater diversity in lesbian-parent household experiences'
So do you consider diversity to be a bad thing?
This is what is bad:
"• Are much more likely to have received welfare growing up (IBF 17%; LM 69%; GF 57%)
• Have lower educational attainment (IBF 3.19; LM 2.39; GF 2.64)
• Report less safety and security in their family of origin (IBF 4.13; LM 3.12; GF 3.25)
• Report more ongoing "negative impact" from their family of origin (IBF 2.30; LM 3.13; GF 2.90)
• Are more likely to suffer from depression (IBF 1.83; LM 2.20; 2.18)
• Have been arrested more often (IBF 1.18; LM 1.68; GF 1.75)
• If they are female, have had more sexual partners-both male (IBF 2.79; LM 4.02; GF 5.92) and female (IBF 0.22; LM 1.04; GF 1.47)"
HOMOSEXUAL PARENT STUDY
Summary of Findings
Peter Sprigg
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3808 Feb 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark Regnerus has been repudiated for that tripe. In fact, he openly admits the obvious sampling error and bias of his so called "study."
Nice try though.
Rubbish. He was challenged by some on his research and they found nothing wrong with it.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3809 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexual couples do not reproduce, incapable of modeling balanced parenting to children, children do better in the traditional family than any other kind of family, it would encourage homosexual behavior (which is unhealthy), it would equate same sex marriage as equal to traditional marriage, forces people to accept something that violates their moral convictions.
Reproduction is not a requirment of marriage
Homosexuals care capable of raising children
Homosexuality cant be caught, its not an illness, you bloody moron
Has someone forced you into a same sex marriage? If not then how can it change your moral compas and in no way does it violate your marriage. Stop being stupid

Location hidden

#3810 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Rubbish. He was challenged by some on his research and they found nothing wrong with it.
His so called study was both hugely biased and also had a very large sampling error which he admitted too in interviews. Would you like me to hand you your ass on a platter?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3811 Feb 6, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>
Reproduction is not a requirment of marriage
Homosexuals care capable of raising children
Homosexuality cant be caught, its not an illness, you bloody moron
Has someone forced you into a same sex marriage? If not then how can it change your moral compas and in no way does it violate your marriage. Stop being stupid
Same sex marriage is forcing people to violate their moral principles.
Reproduction is the primary function for marriage. Its from the traditional family that the next generation comes from naturally.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#3812 Feb 6, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text> may i point out to it is deft.not natural just imagine the stinky smell, not illegal depending on your laws,non christian Gov. it is definitely perverted and it is completely wrong from the Bible's point of view.
You forget.....your mythical book DOESN'T run this Country and if you are so disgusted by what some do in their bedroom.......then simply stop thinking about.......I swear folks like you and NutQ spend more time thinking about what some do then they do!!!

#3813 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Reproduction is the primary function for marriage. Its from the traditional family that the next generation comes from naturally.
Really, then every straight couple, according to you who can't have children is simply wasting their time getting married, right?

What a frucking ignorant azz you are!!!

#3814 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides this study that you are taunting around, but obviously haven't read......please provide proof of your claims.......because you'd be simply making a bigger azz outta of yourself!!!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3815 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
None of that (however untrue) matters to the law. Get over it.

Location hidden

#3816 Feb 6, 2013
You say there is nothing wrong with a sampling error? The study lacks statistical validity.

1. "I’d be more careful about the language I used to describe people whose parents had same-sex relationships. I said “lesbian mothers” and “gay fathers,” when in fact, I don’t know about their sexual orientation; I do know about their same-sex relationship behavior. But as far as the findings themselves, I stand behind them."

Does this sound reliable?

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/10/30/1110...

2. Dr. Regnerus, who teaches at the University of Texas at Austin, was immediately called a fraud, a charlatan, a shill for the religious right. Two hundred scholars signed a letter attacking his paper and the journal, Social Science Research, that published it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/13/us/mark-reg...

3. Dr. Regnerus was raised and educated as a Dutch Calvinist, but last year he became a Roman Catholic. On Dec. 30, Dr. Regnerus was the subject of a profile on the Web site of the University of Notre Dame, where he was a visiting researcher. It says that for Dr. Regnerus, faith and scholarship go together.

The above are examples of bias.

How about samples and study design?

1. "I’d be more careful about the language I used to describe people whose parents had same-sex relationships," Regenus told the magazine. "I said 'lesbian mothers' and 'gay fathers,' when in fact, I don’t know about their sexual orientation; I do know about their same-sex relationship behavior."

2. Finding someone whose parent had some sort of same-sex relationship as they were growing up is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I got taken to task for leaning on young adults’ assessments of their parents’ relationships. I didn’t ask them whether they thought their mom was a lesbian or if their dad was gay. Because, in part, self-identity is a different kind of thing than behavior, and lot of people weren’t 'out' in that era. I think we can all think of moms and dads when we were growing up that we either knew or suspected were gay or lesbian, but never 'came out of the closet,' so to speak."

3. we interviewed 248 people who said their mother or father had had a same-sex relationship.

HUGE SAMPLING ERROR

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#3817 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm! It's more like you're trying to violate the rights, morals and religious freedoms to believe or not to believe of any US citizen who disagrees with your Nazi dictatorship. Remember that Hitler believed, like you, that he was following moral Christian principles.

Location hidden

#3818 Feb 6, 2013
Here is the full Mark Regnerus interview.

http://www.citizenlink.com/2012/10/26/friday-...

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3819 Feb 6, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I was babysitter for two of my grandsons for a few years. They are grown now, 23 and 18.
When the older one started first grade, I was the transportation to and from school.
One day, when I had picked him up from school, he asked me why ALL the kids in his class didn't live with their mommy and daddy. Turns out he was the only child in his first grade class who lived with his parents, others either lived with a stepfather and mother, stepmother and father, or single parent.
These were all basically good Christian citizens we are speaking of here..........

Jeff, when are you finally going to turn your attention to the FACT that Christians have a severe divorce problem?
Talk about 'problems in the family'.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court To Hear Arguments In Case Of Bake... 3 min INFIDEL 309
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 min NoahLovesU 57,522
News Who would be a better president: Donald Trump o... 9 min Trump is a joke 7
News Gay Methodist minister David Meredith, church c... 34 min Gremlin 1
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 36 min old_moose 12,910
News Is Hollywood's Rape Culture Like a Gay Bar? 1 hr Wondering 30
News Trump pledges fealty to religious values, a oeM... 1 hr Sullivan 150
VP Mike Pence says gays should be hung Wed Wondering 4
More from around the web