Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
3,141 - 3,160 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not, and I'm not playing your game nomo. If you truly care the way you say, then stop fighting with the very people who want to help.
Oh sugar, u are playing a game alright..why attack me about posting what ur church is doing? I didn't say U did it. I didn't even say anything about u. U came after me..remember?
Are u saying its cool as long as the Mormons don't enter into the discussion? Well guess what..as long as they keep their nose in the middle of prop h8, they will continue to be part of the discussion.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat...
No, not agreed. It is a false premise, not backed up by any evidence. Quite the opposite in fact, all of the evidence shows that SSM is just as good for the kids as hetero marriage, all other things being equal.
There are no valid scientific studies that dispute this. Key word here is "valid".
One of the most recent studies to come out showed there are significant problems when raised by same sex couples. It was challenged and it shown to be a sound scientific study. Unlike so many of the pro studies.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
You're against same-sex marriage because you think homosexuality is wrong.
I am FOR same-sex marriage because I think homosexual people who love one another and want to spend their lives together ought to be lawfully entitled to.
There are many reasons to be against same sex marriage.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing, I don't seem to recall you posting any refutations of the translations that I have given from Hebrew...
In fact, I can't seem to remember ANY place where you have posted ANY evidence contrary to what I have posted, only the lame "nuh uh". Oh, sorry, but my kid can debate better than that. Hell, he could debate better than that even back in grade school...
Remember you tried to make where David exceeded to mean orgasm or something like that and you were caught in a lie.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad none are valid.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the most recent studies to come out showed there are significant problems when raised by same sex couples. It was challenged and it shown to be a sound scientific study. Unlike so many of the pro studies.
Perhaps you could link to for us?
Coltraine

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

You know what I'm tire of? I'm tired of liberal LGBTs who cry loud for equality and tolerance and who constantly decry the intolerance of others and yet, YET, are utterly and wholly intolerant themselves of ANYONE who doesn't think being gay is the best thing since learning two walk on two legs. Oh, they want everyone else to be tolerant of their viewpoints and life choices, but if your views happen to be contrary to theirs then you're a hate spewing, inflammatory speech breathing, predjudiced SOB. If you can believe that homosexuality is good and natural, I have the right to believe the opposite. If you're religion says it's what will get you to heaven(it's not), then I have a right to believe in a religion that says you're going to burn in hell for eternity. If they can be for gay marriage, I can say that marriage should only be for a man and woman.

But that's not how the gays want it. They want anyone who says anything negative about homosexuality to be vilified and ostracized in the media and community. They don't want equal rights, they want special rights. They want to completely shut up the Christian right. Screw that. If they can have their beliefs and not be hate spewers for mocking my God, I can say their actions goes against God and nature without spewing hate.
Coltraine

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Homosexuality is simply not natural. It's quite obvious. It's so simple, yet so often overlooked these days as we're supposed to "love each other" because "the world needs more love". The LGBT agenda has succesfully moved the argument away from the most obvious. A family is supposed to be a father-mother and their offspring. There is a reason that homosexuals have had to live secret lives, hiding their perversions in private. Why? because it's wrong.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, the breakdown of traditional family began to happen in the 50's and 60's long before the homosexual equal rights movement. Why are the homosexuals being blamed today for something that began and came to a head long before homosexuality was frequently even discussed?
I did not know what a homosexual was when I an early teen. I knew what divorce was and what latch key kids were well before I was a teen. Many of my friends families had already been through a divorce, and a harsh, hateful custody battle. Keys worn around the necks of fairly young kids was not uncommon, and we all knew what they meant.
Didn't ya know we've been blamed for EVERYTHING and ANYTHING over the last 20 years.......hell, we've even been blamed for the supposed Great Flood that Noah had to build an ark for......lol!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Coltraine wrote:
Homosexuality is simply not natural. It's quite obvious. It's so simple, yet so often overlooked these days as we're supposed to "love each other" because "the world needs more love". The LGBT agenda has succesfully moved the argument away from the most obvious. A family is supposed to be a father-mother and their offspring. There is a reason that homosexuals have had to live secret lives, hiding their perversions in private. Why? because it's wrong.
First....IT'S NOT UNNATURAL

Secondly.....IT'S NOT ILLEGAL

Thirdly......IT'S NOT PERVERTED

Fourthly......IT'S NOT WRONG

Gays and Lesbians had to hide it ONLY because people thought it was a mental illness, but it's not and it's something that is innate!!!
Tonks

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't ya know we've been blamed for EVERYTHING and ANYTHING over the last 20 years.......hell, we've even been blamed for the supposed Great Flood that Noah had to build an ark for......lol!!!
Don't have to worrry about a flood. That was a one time thing.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. Studies show otherwise.
Which studies are those?

Links, please.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Financial stability is THE primary purpose of marriage for society. EVERYTHING else takes a distant second place to that.
Maybe for the recent era.
Not long ago, the local community helped a couple become established no matter what the man's trade was. They helped to build their home and out fit it with all the basic necessities of marital life. And that local community being enlarged by new births, looking forward to a new baby was the primary purpose of two young people being married.
Jewish history is filled with that information.
I agree, today marriage is all about financial stability. All else takes a back seat.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
The study by Mark Regnerus is NOT a sound scientific study.......and it has MANY FLAWS......the first is that it does NOT actually take a look at kids who were raised by a Gay or Lesbian parent. Out of roughly 3000 who participated in this study, ONLY 255 stated that they had a parent who at one point in their childhood was involved in a relationship with someone of the Same-Sex, regardless of how long that relationship was, or whether the child was actually raised by that parent.

He was also trying to compare intact biological families to divorced mixed families that didn't have the same parameters......therefore..... they are not really able to be compared!!!

His study might have been better to compare divorced/remarried heterosexual family units to divorced/remarried Same-Sex family units..........if he had done this.......he's have seen what most already know......kids raised in a stable, loving 2 parent household regardless of gender make-up come out generally the same......but you don't care about facts or truth......just what you want to believe!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a BIBLE THUMPING BELIEVER, then yes because of how you interpret the language in your mythical book......but seeing as your religious beliefs don't apply to the laws of this Country......then no....there AREN'T many reasons......just one.....the animus you feel towards Gays and Lesbians!!!

Tell me exactly how my being legally married has harmed you or your marriage......because I know your marriage hasn't bothered my marriage in the least......lol!!!

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat...
No, not agreed. It is a false premise, not backed up by any evidence. Quite the opposite in fact, all of the evidence shows that SSM is just as good for the kids as hetero marriage, all other things being equal.
There are no valid scientific studies that dispute this. Key word here is "valid".
Actually, there is no 'valid' evidence for either claim. Same sex marriage with children hasn't been happening long enough yet for any accurate studies to be made of or about.
There is no information yet to state if there might be a difference between a child being raised by two men or two women. Men and women are different. Males usually being masculine and females usually being feminine, there should be some psychological difference of an effect on a child in just those two different same sex parent relationships.
I think good people will help to produce a positive thinking child regardless. But there are obvious differences, just none proven by science yet.

Since: Dec 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not until the past few years that people got confused about what marriage is. Marriage has everything to do with gender. Without it we could not produce the next generation. Traditional marriage is the best place to raise a family and the next generation.
Jeff: "Marriage has everything to do with gender."

No it doesn't! Human sexual REPRODUCTION has everything to do with gender.

Jeff: "Without it (marriage), we could not produce the next generation."

Marriage plays no part whatsoever in the human capacity to sexually reproduce. The next generation will be produced with or without marriage.
In fact, supply far exceeds demand! 1/4 of the world's next generation of humanity is aborted yearly.

Jeff: "Traditional marriage is the best place to raise a family."

Traditional marriage, simply by virtue of being a union of opposite sexes, is the only form of marriage in which procreation can be expected to occur.
However, producing children is no guarantee of their well-being in a loving environment.

Would you deny a child a loving home and nurturing, rather than let committed persons of the homosexual persuasion adopt and care for them?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe for the recent era.
Not long ago, the local community helped a couple become established no matter what the man's trade was. They helped to build their home and out fit it with all the basic necessities of marital life. And that local community being enlarged by new births, looking forward to a new baby was the primary purpose of two young people being married.
Jewish history is filled with that information.
I agree, today marriage is all about financial stability. All else takes a back seat.
Could you kindly define "NOT LONG AGO"? Because frankly your "NOT LONG AGO" sounds like stuff from the Old West........almost 170 years ago.......but I could be off!!!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeff: "Marriage has everything to do with gender."
No it doesn't! Human sexual REPRODUCTION has everything to do with gender.
Jeff: "Without it (marriage), we could not produce the next generation."
Marriage plays no part whatsoever in the human capacity to sexually reproduce. The next generation will be produced with or without marriage.
In fact, supply far exceeds demand! 1/4 of the world's next generation of humanity is aborted yearly.
Jeff: "Traditional marriage is the best place to raise a family."
Traditional marriage, simply by virtue of being a union of opposite sexes, is the only form of marriage in which procreation can be expected to occur.
However, producing children is no guarantee of their well-being in a loving environment.
Would you deny a child a loving home and nurturing, rather than let committed persons of the homosexual persuasion adopt and care for them?
Yeah, he probably would. He's just that ignorant.

Since: Dec 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? "MANY reasons"?
Because everybody here against same-sex marriage has ONLY ONE reason- they believe homosexuality is wrong.
What reasons do you know of other than that ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••