Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3654 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did it say anything about same sex marriage? Where do we see acceptance of it by a society?
Ticked, looks like you are out of your league again.
Did you open her link??? NO, had you then your sillyazz post would not be here

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#3655 Feb 5, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
But you do this all the time that you claim a true Christian wouldn't do... "A true Christian would not spend all of their time judging others in defiance of scripture.." ...You do this same judgement of RCC, JW, Mormnons, etc using scriptures in many forums. Now you claim you don't?
There is a big difference between an organization and an individual, No Surprise. I have always tried to make that clear.

Only an idiot would misunderstand the difference between a fictitious entity such as a church and an individual human being. And I don't think you are an idiot, No Surprise. So why than are you yet again trying to distort what I say?

Are you still sore about my repeated postings on the massacre at Mountain Meadows that both you and the church deny was orchestrated by the church?

It's not judging individuals to simply point out that Mormons murdered over a 100 people in cold blood and deny responsibility for the crime to this day. The majority of humanity needs to know what happened and why.

What happened at Mountain Meadows should be a warning to people today to be watchful of religions like the Moromons that actually do JUDGE individuals in GOD'S place and then disembowel them to save their souls!

You constantly call me names, you accuse me repeatedly of lying, now you are trying to imply that I judge individuals?

The organization of Later Day Saints, like it's counterpoint in the Mideast is a danger to both those trapped in these organizations and the human family as a whole. This statement does not in any way imply that I am judging the individuals in the organization as sinners! I'm trying to warn those trapped! Like you! And even your leaders who are trapped in an even stronger trap than you are!

You disagree with the many flaws I have pointed out in the church you deny being a part of so much I can almost see you frothing at the mouth at times.

I once made a statement that false religion is harmful to children, something that you somehow interpreted to to mean I was attacking mormon children, which you promptly accused me of doing!

I could go on and on about the many times you have called me a liar over something you twisted, but I'm sure everyone here is clearly aware of your irrational and deceitful strategy.

You are trying to demonize me to protect your church while I am busy trying to expose the church you are protecting to protect those trapped in the church.

You need help No Surprise. Those long dark Alaskan winters are getting to you! The constant hate expressed by you here on topix isn't helping you much either.

You know, No Surprise, if you actually read any of the almost 12000 posts I have made here on topix you would see that I am against humans judging other humans in GOD'S place. Our place is to LOVE.

As my closing tag line that I have put on most of my posts states:

GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!
LowellGuy

Secaucus, NJ

#3656 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What it shows is how bizarre same sex marriage is. It was never thought of until a few years ago.
Everything old was once new. Even one man-one woman marriage. How "bizarre" was that when it began?
LowellGuy

Secaucus, NJ

#3657 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the past 1000 years has it ever been between two same sex people?
Massachusetts.
Iowa.
Connecticut.
Maine.
California.

Not to mention the various European countries.
LowellGuy

Secaucus, NJ

#3658 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
God is patient and doesn't want any of us to perish......in fact, us Christians were at one time just like you unbelievers before we got saved. I mocked and hated Christians (the real ones that shared the gospel) before I got saved.
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9
Yes, your God is so patient that he sat idle while Isrealite children were being kidnapped to be sacrificed, because he was waiting for the abductors to change their ways. You know, instead of protecting the children from being stolen away and killed. What vituous patience he's exhibited.
LowellGuy

Secaucus, NJ

#3659 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no reason to think that same sex marriage will have a positive impact on traditional marriage or the family.
Oh, so only if there is a demonstrable POSITIVE effect should people be allowed to marry? I never saw this justification mentioned anywhere as a legally valid reason for denying a right to do something.

Single parenthood has a demonstrable NEGATIVE impact on children. Shouldn't the kids be taken away and relocated with married heterosexual couples? If not, why not? Wouldn't that cause a positive effect?
LowellGuy

Secaucus, NJ

#3660 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Why get married if you can't procreate?
That doesn't answer the question. Why should they be allowed to marry if they can't/won't procreate? Do you support banning them from the institution of civil marriage? If so, why? If not, why not? Answer the question.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#3661 Feb 5, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Pyramid schemes run by tired bigots don't deserve tax exemption status.
http://americablog.com/2013/02/mormons-join-r...
thanks! Great video!

It was prop h(8) that got me going on topix. I knew next to nothing about mormons other than that they rode bicycles and went from door to door.

At first I started posting on SFgate in defense of gay people because my wife and I have witnessed the hurt that can happen when one member of a gay couple is hospitalized and the other is prevented from seeing them.

My wife is a home health nurse and sees a lot of damage done by homophobes to innocent people in LOVE that simply want to be who they are. We live in a retirement community and she has seen many sad stories unfold as people who have spent their whole lives together grow old.

One lesbian couple we know is upset because they know that if something happens to the older one who is getting on in years, she won't be allowed into the hospital room to say goodby, and the hateful family who has had nothing to do with her for years will get the property leaving her homeless!

The defeat of prop 8 is the only hope for people like this couple in California. This wonderful couple has been together for years.

Until I met this couple I knew very little about gay people. But one day while going on a company sponsored whale watching expedition off the coast of Mendocino I saw the LOVING look of concern of the older one for the younger one who was seasick and throwing up over the railing.

When I saw this I suddenly knew without a doubt that what these two human beings felt for each other, and the life they shared, was no different than the life that my wife and I share together, with one exception. We have legal rights that they don't have!

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3662 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What it shows is how bizarre same sex marriage is. It was never thought of until a few years ago.
Neither were women voting or cell phones. See how stupid that sounds now?

THINK IT THROUGH before you post! Frickin dummy.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3663 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Reject on what basis? If God approves of same sex marriage then you should have some proof of it. The fact is, you don't and you know it.
Rejected by the FACT that you don't have the inerrant, 100% accurately translated Word of God in any version of any bible.

My faith is important to me, so "close enough" isn't good enough. But I take it more seriously than you.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3664 Feb 5, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Massachusetts.
Iowa.
Connecticut.
Maine.
California.
Not to mention the various European countries.
How about in the year 1300?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3665 Feb 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither were women voting or cell phones. See how stupid that sounds now?
THINK IT THROUGH before you post! Frickin dummy.
We're not talking about voting or cell phones. We're talking about marriage. Please keep your stupid think in check.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3666 Feb 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Rejected by the FACT that you don't have the inerrant, 100% accurately translated Word of God in any version of any bible.
My faith is important to me, so "close enough" isn't good enough. But I take it more seriously than you.
We Don`t need a 100% perfect bible to answer this issue. If you had true faith you would repent.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3667 Feb 5, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't answer the question. Why should they be allowed to marry if they can't/won't procreate? Do you support banning them from the institution of civil marriage? If so, why? If not, why not? Answer the question.
Before I answer what is the primary purpose of marriage? What benefit does it give society?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#3668 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Before I answer what is the primary purpose of marriage? What benefit does it give society?
Society doesn't own us.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3669 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You exist for "society"?

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#3670 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What on earth... It's been legal where I live for over a decade. We don't have any "special" laws for it. Marriage is marriage, gender has nothing to do with it.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#3671 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
How about in the year 1300?
Homosexuality has been part of society since the beginning of civilisation. It's not new.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3672 Feb 5, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Society doesn't own us.
We are part of society. How we live affects it for good or I'll.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3673 Feb 5, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What on earth... It's been legal where I live for over a decade. We don't have any "special" laws for it. Marriage is marriage, gender has nothing to do with it.
It was not until the past few years that people got confused about what marriage is. Marriage has everything to do with gender. Without it we could not produce the next generation. Traditional marriage is the best place to raise a family and the next generation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ukip candidate: 'Gay donkey tried to rape my ho... 2 min James 47
ACLU sues to allow gay club in Indiana school 2 min Rick in Kansas 45
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 9 min hal 26,909
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 28 min Poof1 6,079
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 44 min Selecia Jones- JA... 56
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 1 hr jcofe 5,172
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 2 hr KiMare 3,027
Florida clerks won't give gays marriage licenses 9 hr NorCal Native 21
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 14 hr Poopdeck Pappy 68,588
More from around the web