Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#3613 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the Scripture is the only place we know where God speaks about marriage where did He say anything about same sex marriage? Book, chapter and verse please.
Seeing as your book doesn't run our Government.....it's irrelevant!!!

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#3614 Feb 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not hard to figure at all. Homosexuality was vastly misunderstood for a long time. Today people have a lot more information (if they want it) and that has changed things. That's a good thing.
Things like pedophilia and bestiality will always be wrong because they necessarily create a victim by their existence.
Gay marriage does not. See how easy that was? It's called "thinking."
Homosexuality in most cultures wasn't misunderstood. it was well understood. Most cultures accepted many forms of sexuality as normal, including homosexual, prostitution, animal and child sex. You should Google ancient cities like Pompeii, just a single city of many in an ancient modern society that prove that true.
We are where the citizens of Pompeii once were before further evolvement of their social norms.
Americans only accepted opposite sex relationships as legal. Everything else was done behind closed door as those acts were usually illegal.
Today we have a state where prostitution is legal. Homosexual relations are legal. And you think it will stop there? Not if history repeats itself as it has done for thousands of years.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3615 Feb 5, 2013
Pyramid schemes run by tired bigots don't deserve tax exemption status.

http://americablog.com/2013/02/mormons-join-r...

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#3616 Feb 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Add same sex marriage to the equation and the divorce rate goes down, stupid.
There is no such thing as same sex "marriage". The Holy Bible is crystal clear that marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN. This is how God created it to be.

The divorce rate is so high because so many of the so-called modern "Christian" churches and pastors care more about money than what's right and wrong. They are afraid to stand up for God's Holy Word because it might make someone mad (boo hoo hoo) so they water down the gospel. So the "Christian" church copies and follows the ways of the world.......

Christians are to be separate from the world!!!!!(2 Corinthians 6:17)

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#3617 Feb 5, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously deleted/banned. I think it's gone.
Holy TOLEDO! Guess she couldnt hide that well!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3618 Feb 5, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, what happened?
A 'miracle'! heaven sent LOL
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3619 Feb 5, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality in most cultures wasn't misunderstood. it was well understood. Most cultures accepted many forms of sexuality as normal, including homosexual, prostitution, animal and child sex. You should Google ancient cities like Pompeii, just a single city of many in an ancient modern society that prove that true.
We are where the citizens of Pompeii once were before further evolvement of their social norms.
Americans only accepted opposite sex relationships as legal. Everything else was done behind closed door as those acts were usually illegal.
Today we have a state where prostitution is legal. Homosexual relations are legal. And you think it will stop there? Not if history repeats itself as it has done for thousands of years.
Excellent points.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3620 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You unbelievers just lie about everything.........go read John 8:44 for the best definition that explains why.
The Word of God is the absolute authority for everything us REAL Christians believe and stand for.......
Thus you Topix unbelievers can't win debates so you gang up on people and try to troll them to leave........and when that doesn't work you cry to your "friends in high places" for help.
"debate" sweetums, is NOT parroting 'scripture'..NOR is it pontification, which is all you do!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3621 Feb 5, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Pyramid schemes run by tired bigots don't deserve tax exemption status.
http://americablog.com/2013/02/mormons-join-r...
I strongly agree! And that goes with EVERY religion. NONE of them are "poor".. it all about how much power and money they can amass! I see 'poor' churches where the pastor runs around in a Hummer (and these are economically disadvantaged folks!)

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3622 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You unbelievers just lie about everything.........go read John 8:44 for the best definition that explains why.
The Word of God is the absolute authority for everything us REAL Christians believe and stand for.......
Thus you Topix unbelievers can't win debates so you gang up on people and try to troll them to leave........and when that doesn't work you cry to your "friends in high places" for help.
If yer god is so flippin tough why doesnt he smote all of us god mockers?

#3623 Feb 5, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh puh-leez. You think quoting a book of myths allows you to win a debate? [email protected] It makes you look simple minded and stupid.
I believe 100% in the Word of God. What else should I believe........the idiotic lies from Satanic???? No thanks, I'll stick with the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of the living God. I think the Creator knows more than the creation, lol.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3624 Feb 5, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
in an ancient modern society
WTF is that?

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3625 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think God meant for same sex marriage? What divine mandate do you have that tells us He meant for same sex marriage?
marriage is a contract between two adults.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3627 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
the idiotic lies from Satanic????
Can you find me a recording of him?

guess not huh? You hearing things that arent there? Uh Oh!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3628 Feb 5, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there you ugly fking ASSTROLL,
I bet your parents were really proud of you when you decided to su:ck a d:ck instead of a pacifier. Bet they took an add out in the paper then shouted from the rooftop, they were so happy. LMFAO
Kissy kissy hotstuff! Hey, isnt your bra on too tight?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3630 Feb 5, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>marriage is a contract between two adults.
Where in the past 1000 years has it ever been between two same sex people?

#3631 Feb 5, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>If yer god is so flippin tough why doesnt he smote all of us god mockers?
God is patient and doesn't want any of us to perish......in fact, us Christians were at one time just like you unbelievers before we got saved. I mocked and hated Christians (the real ones that shared the gospel) before I got saved.

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9
Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#3632 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as same sex "marriage". The Holy Bible is crystal clear that marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN. This is how God created it to be.
The divorce rate is so high because so many of the so-called modern "Christian" churches and pastors care more about money than what's right and wrong. They are afraid to stand up for God's Holy Word because it might make someone mad (boo hoo hoo) so they water down the gospel. So the "Christian" church copies and follows the ways of the world.......
Christians are to be separate from the world!!!!!(2 Corinthians 6:17)
British lawmakers on Tuesday voted overwhelmingly in favor of a bill to legalize same-sex marriage championed by Prime Minister David Cameron, despite strong opposition from within his Conservative Party.

In a first House of Commons vote, lawmakers voted 400 to 175 in support of the legislation.
Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#3633 Feb 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe 100% in the Word of God. What else should I believe........the idiotic lies from Satanic???? No thanks, I'll stick with the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of the living God. I think the Creator knows more than the creation, lol.
You don't have any proof that your Buybull is "the word of God." Why do you believe things you can't prove?

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3634 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. It just adds the problem.
No, this wasn't up for debate. Massachusetts has one of the lowest divorce rates in the country, if not the lowest.

Educate yourself, dummy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 57,623
News Supreme Court To Hear Arguments In Case Of Bake... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 416
News MassResistance Warns America Against Homosexual... 2 hr Oliver 40
News This "Christian" thinks a secret "gay Nazi regi... 2 hr Oliver 19
News Amid Egypt's anti-gay crackdown, gay dating app... 2 hr Oliver 11
News The gaydar machine: a backlash 3 hr Kerosene 12
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 hr Freedomofexpression 13,271
More from around the web