Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#3274 Feb 4, 2013
JustAnotherChildOfGod wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know Troth, and I don't know who you are either, but I do know as a parent that what you said to Troth is one of the most judgmental, hateful, and hurtful things any human being can say to another!
Go ahead and call yourself a born again Christian if you want to. Why not? You have a long history of hateful murderous people behind you all claiming to be born again and all behaving hatefully in ignorance of the work needed to actually be in compliance with the simple truth the historical Jesus shared.
And all of you bogus born agains can contemplate this scripture that Jesus stated especially for you:
Matthew 7:20-23 (New International Version,©2010)
20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
True and False Disciples
21 "Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord," will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?"
23 Then I will tell them plainly, "I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!"
LOVE is the key that fits the narrow gate, it's not an easy path, and few follow it. Hate is the broad highway with the soft ride and with the comfy seats and the preacher tickling your ears with false promises that Karl Marx likened to the opium of the people.
Believe it or not there are actually websites by born again Christians that claim that the unconditional LOVE at the heart of the ministry of the historical Jesus is satanic!
Born again? As what?
The poster known now as "Born again christian" has a LONG history here of mental illness and hate bourne of 'Christianity'..
she is NOT a nice person. the history here is vast with her..
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3275 Feb 4, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you've been told......hasn't happened and probably won't.......my guess is that possibly polygamist might get their wish one day......but I doubt the others will that you claim and even if they do......how will that truly affect your marriage or mine?
There is no reason to think these things won't happen. After all, who would have thought 30 years ago that Americans would be confused about marriage and to think that same sex "marriage" would be taken seriously. Go figure.
OleWazzizName

Clearlake, CA

#3276 Feb 4, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Grandpasmurf
You have no clue what a true Christian is. You are not a Christian you support perverted marriage (same sex marriage). I do not care if 50 percent of the population was gay that still does not change what God says concerning the abomination of homosexuality. In fact if only 10 percent is gay then that proves you are not born gay because there would be a higher percentage. Being gay is caused by sexual abuse and emotional abuse on the part of the same gender of the gay person. I will stick to God and his word and he says homosexuality is wrong.
<quoted text>
I don't know if you noticed my avatar. This does not mean I don't know what Christianity is.

You don't though, it's revealed in your posts.

You are what could more accurately be called a Paulist.

Saul, or as he renamed himself "Paul" was a homophobe and it showed in his writings. he was also a sexist and hated women. All in all Paul pretty much misunderstood the message of Jesus completely.

So it does not offend me that you judge me to be unchristian. In fact to be judged as a Christian by your definition would cause me to feel insulted.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#3278 Feb 4, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Penny, shut your yap! You are nothing but a liar.. a FAT ugly one like your mother and your brother..
BTW, I throw dart at your momma pic daily.. gawd is it ugly!
lack of couth, intelligence, compassion (as in Christ)and downright ignorance and selfishness.

Kinda like your post, rite? lol

Hypocrisy at its finest!

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#3280 Feb 4, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no reason to think these things won't happen. After all, who would have thought 30 years ago that Americans would be confused about marriage and to think that same sex "marriage" would be taken seriously. Go figure.
There is every reason to think these things won't happen. Look at the history. They have not happened where same-sex marriage has been legal many many years. Why would they all of sudden become an issue?

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#3281 Feb 4, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>ABSOLUTELY the best post on this specific topic by FAR!
The fundies will do their blabbering as they always do because of a lack of couth, intelligence, compassion (as in Christ)and downright ignorance and selfishness..
Carry on!
I don't know, sometimes the hate and denial gets to be too much.

I turned away from Christianity over 40 years ago. I guess my exposure to it was somewhat insane being born into the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses which ignores LOVE and takes judgment to the extreme.

But I was led to reexamine early Christianity and found that the historical Jesus was a simple mystic who taught an enlightened form of Judaism that matched what I had been shown that led me away from Christianity in the first place!

I have been trying to share my insights and the research I have done here on topix but the hate has been unbelievable.

I am here on this thread simply because I first started on topix when the Mormons trucked busloads of people into California to defeat the will of the people with misinformation to push prop h(8) through.

I have good friends that are warm, loving people who are gay. I came on topix hoping I could help in defeating this hateful proposition.

I than moved on to try and expose the insanity of the Jehovah's Witnesses and only came back here because the thread popped up linked to another forum.

I don't know if I will continue, but again I seem to be led back to what I reject.

This morning as I was waking up my cat reminded me that LOVE is the great work and I need to learn to stop listening to my whiny ego :)

take care and have a nice day!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#3282 Feb 4, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is confused about marriage you dolt........marriage is a joining of 2 souls, it is about commitment, love, responsible for another......it can involve children, but I know MANY heterosexual couples who are married and have NO children, yet they are still legally married......so, your procreation argument is irrelevant!!!

#3283 Feb 4, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, sometimes the hate and denial gets to be too much.
I turned away from Christianity over 40 years ago. I guess my exposure to it was somewhat insane being born into the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses which ignores LOVE and takes judgment to the extreme.
But I was led to reexamine early Christianity and found that the historical Jesus was a simple mystic who taught an enlightened form of Judaism that matched what I had been shown that led me away from Christianity in the first place!
I have been trying to share my insights and the research I have done here on topix but the hate has been unbelievable.
I am here on this thread simply because I first started on topix when the Mormons trucked busloads of people into California to defeat the will of the people with misinformation to push prop h(8) through.
I have good friends that are warm, loving people who are gay. I came on topix hoping I could help in defeating this hateful proposition.
I than moved on to try and expose the insanity of the Jehovah's Witnesses and only came back here because the thread popped up linked to another forum.
I don't know if I will continue, but again I seem to be led back to what I reject.
This morning as I was waking up my cat reminded me that LOVE is the great work and I need to learn to stop listening to my whiny ego :)
take care and have a nice day!
Don't give up and don't stop proving the message that you give.......remember, IT'S NOT ABOUT WHO REJECTS IT, but who gets it that matters most.....and there are folks who read these posts, but NEVER respond.......that's why you do it.....it's what God has shown you at this time in your life........trust me.......;)

See ya soon:-)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3284 Feb 4, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
A REAL Christian isn't going to hold your hand, sing Kumbaya with you, and tell you that sinful lifestyles are okay.
SIN has consequences......perverted sexual lifestyles lead to diseases:
Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS/HIV)
Chancroid (Chancroid)
Chlamydia (Chlamydia)
Gonococcal Infection (Gonorrhea)
Granuloma inguinale (Granuloma inguinale)
Hepatitis , B (Hep B)
Herpes (Herpes)
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
Human Papillomarivus (Genital Warts (HPV)
Lymphogranuloma venereum infection (LVG)
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
Pthiriasis (Crabs; Public Lice Infestation)
Syphilis , primary, secondary, early latent (Syphilis)
Syphilis , Late latent, or congenital (Syphilis)
Vaginosis , bacterial (Yeast Infection)
More boring phony Christian BS. GTFOH moron.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3285 Feb 4, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is confused about marriage you dolt........marriage is a joining of 2 souls, it is about commitment, love, responsible for another......it can involve children, but I know MANY heterosexual couples who are married and have NO children, yet they are still legally married......so, your procreation argument is irrelevant!!!
Look sweetie, anyone who thinks their is mom is man is confused. That's what you get with same sex marriage.

#3286 Feb 4, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Look sweetie, anyone who thinks their is mom is man is confused. That's what you get with same sex marriage.
Look AZZW!PE........I'm certainly not one to take kindly to being called sweetie by someone who doesn't know me......and secondly, no child is confused who is being raised by 2 mom's or 2 dad's........that's just idiotic on your part!!!

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#3287 Feb 4, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor do you. However we know for a fact there is no original bible on the earth.
If God wanted to preserve the original bible, HE could have. He chose not to do so.
That would seem to indicate that He had a reason for that. We can only speculate what that reason might be, but my best guess is so that we could LEARN and grow on our own. Just like He gave us free will, He did not give us a precise instruction manual on how to live, so ninnies like you could beat it over all our heads.
There is no complete, inerrant bible on earth. If you truly wanted to follow God, you wouldn't be afraid of that. You would be looking for truth, not for things to support your preconceived notions.
You are the opposite of Christian.
If the God of the Bible wanted there to be absolute, irrefutable proof that He was the One and Only, then somewhere in Israel, there would be a cliff with ever burning flaming letters 100 feet high saying "I AM".

On the other hand, there are many things in nature that display pentagrams and pentacles. Maybe Christians need to rethink Paganism...

“Howdy How”

Since: Jan 09

Hayward, CA

#3288 Feb 4, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Troth for Leogere
Only liar here is you. Now prove I am Penny or shut your mouth.
You are a disgusting human being like your daughter. You failed your daughter and that is why she is gay. To bad you do not know how to be a human being and raise your child right so she did not turn gay.
<quoted text>
OK if you are not Penny than way act like she does? With the post you just posted YOU just proved you are by the response you gave.

Second thing is the way you judge and condemn others is that how Jesus would act?

#3289 Feb 4, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts are Satanic filth!!! Quit lying about the Word of God to defend unholy, perverted, disease infested, lifestyles.
You aren't helping the "homo agenda" by making outlandish and utterly idiotic lies about the Word of God. That only shows how desperate you devils are getting. Plus it shows that you have absolutely no understanding of the Holy Bible or the ways of God. That's more fulfilled bible prophesy......unsaved people can't understand the Word of God.
David and Jonathan were close friends, not lovers. People can be friends without doing gay acts on each other........maybe you can't understand this?????? That only shows your depraved mind!!!!!
Traditional Jewish marriage could be contracted in any one of three ways: the modern ceremony uses all three.

1) Stating an oath
2) Exchanging gifts
3) Engaging in sex (for the purpose of establishing a marriage!)

In 1 Samuel, David and Johnathan performed each of these actions.

#3290 Feb 4, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. And there's a passage like it in Mark.
But in BOTH cases you have displayed the Pharisaical juridical mindset, looking only for laws and proscriptions. It is that mindset, that pharisaical bent to your perspective, that blinded you to a VERY imprtant fact ... it was part of a lesson against hypocrisy AND it stated clkearly that the Mosaic'Levitical codes were corrupted, and NOT all of divine origin. Moses did a little legislating all on his own, despite the fact that that particular collection of writing explicitly assert itself as of divine authorship. Yeshua said that straight to the pharisees and lawyers and Scribes' faces. His message was that there is always a higher morality than rule-mongering and feeling superior because you follow some rule; or worse, denigrating/oppressing others because they don't.
Yeshua was cool. He was always on the cases of such people.
Motes vs timbers, doncha know.
Fundy xians prefer to ignore the commandment to love...

Deuteronomy 10:19 Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

#3291 Feb 4, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
REAL Christians are the children of the living God. We have the Holy Spirit living inside of us. No son or daughter of Satan can understand our Heavenly Father and His preserved Word better than a TRUE Christian. These threads are absolute proof of this bible FACT..........look at how idiotic and moronic these unsaved fools are when they try to LIE and TWIST scripture.
To even insinuate that David and Jonathan were anything more than close friends is absolutely idiotic, moronic, foolish, asinine, laughable, stupid......but it does teach us how depraved and demonic and utterly foolish those are that are without Jesus.
Every single person in this world is either following Jesus Christ or Satan.
Satan is a myth, and Jesus preached Judaism...

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#3292 Feb 4, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>The poster known now as "Born again christian" has a LONG history here of mental illness and hate bourne of 'Christianity'..
she is NOT a nice person. the history here is vast with her..
Of all my years posting on Topix, I've never seen anyone as unstable and hateful as that Native person.

That was some seriously crazy shiz.

#3293 Feb 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did they get all naked with each other then? Do you do that with just friends?
<quoted text>
I have real friends, but only have gotten totally naked with those I've had sex with.
Really? You should come and hang out with me & my friends... we get naked whenever appropriate - warm weather, swimming, beach, etc.
Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#3294 Feb 4, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
where is "gay marriage" in the law of your state?
right next to god, right?
In the same place it is in YOUR State.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#3295 Feb 4, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Look AZZW!PE........I'm certainly not one to take kindly to being called sweetie by someone who doesn't know me......and secondly, no child is confused who is being raised by 2 mom's or 2 dad's........that's just idiotic on your part!!!
Why the offense in being called sweetie when you called me a derogatory name I.e. dolt? If you can't take it then don't make such nasty comments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 4 min Tre H 530
News The Latest: Duckworth says transgender ban disc... 8 min Retribution 43
News Trump bans transgender people from military 8 min pgh 63
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 13 min Big Nick 52,240
News Trump's transgender troops ban divides veterans... 14 min Trump is a joke 24
News Study: 12,000 acts of condomless gay sex, 0 HIV... 16 min Big Nick 52
News Connecticut LGBT Advocate Says Military's Trans... 17 min Gremlin 4
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 44 min Rose_NoHo 7,055
More from around the web