Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

Since: Mar 07

Woodford, VA

#2912 Feb 3, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
LowellGuy,
If you new the Bible then you would know sin and disease came from the fall of Adam and Eve. The world was perfect before they sinned.
....>
No, because if you take a literal interpretation to the creation myth of the Hebrews, then God created sin at the same time he created Adam and Eve. He created the snake to tempt them with, and provided the tree to seal the deal.

He exactly what their strengths and weaknesses were - He created those too. He knew exactly what they would do, and why, and how, and He set them in the proper place to do it.

And then He acted surprised, when He knew they would do before they were even created.

Odd, isn't it?

Woodford, VA

#2913 Feb 3, 2013
Dana Robertson,
The laws may be changing, but the Bible warns in the last days it will be like Noah's days.....
You mean that the world will be repopulated by incest yet again? That does seem to happen rather often.

Woodford, VA

#2914 Feb 3, 2013
.... God says homosexuality is an abomination and you claim it it not. Now who is right? You or God?
Your premise is incorrect, of course, since God said no such thing.

You really believe that God created people who can ONLY be attracted to the same gender right from the start, and instilled in them the SAME need for love, family, and all those good things, and then condemns them to hell if they behave in the SAME way that is considered a blessed life for others?

Your version of God is a bit twisted.

And you wonder why gay folks shun your type? What you are preaching just doesn't jibe with reality.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2915 Feb 3, 2013
LIes Busters wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, he is not married. 40 states, our federal government and 190 countries say not married. But, you keep calling pedophilia, you gays have two groups that say as much. You even let them march in your parades and until us straights set that straight, it was not even an issue. Please explain!
You're not busting lies, you're spreading them.

Yes, we are married. No matter who or what recognizes it or not, we got married, therefore we are married.

Instead of making a fool out of yourself, you have a computer, google pedophilia and learn about it.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#2916 Feb 3, 2013
Jane Dodo
Anyone not a Christian is a child of Satan. Jesus was God in the flesh so no he was not a child of Satan. Jews need the Messiah Jesus also.
<quoted text>
Ok.... now I see what a complete idiot you are.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#2917 Feb 3, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT IS UNMITIGATED FABRICATION !!!
(Where do these headcases GET this trash !!)
The get it from NARTH.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#2918 Feb 3, 2013
LIes Busters wrote:
<quoted text>No tran dude, the issue is homosexuality and sexual orientation and neither happen in nature.
You've never been around sheep, have you?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#2919 Feb 3, 2013
LowellGuy,
If you new the Bible then you would know sin and disease came from the fall of Adam and Eve. The world was perfect before they sinned.
No, I do not reject medicine why should I? The Bible talks about luke being a doctor and I am sure they had all natural medicines back then. What I reject is science trying to make claim gays are born that way when the Bible says the opposite that homosexuality is a sin and that is an abomination before God. Science is not above the Bible. The Bible was here long before science ever was invented and I will stick to what God says not someone who wants to play God like scientist do.
<quoted text>
The Buybull has NOTHING to do with science. It's an anthology of Jewish folklore, nothing more.

Using logical fallacies to prove your point makes you appear uneducated AND stupid.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2920 Feb 3, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc,(Lies Busters) and Born Again Christian (Native) are both closet homosexuals. Doc is also a pedophile. Born Again Christian (Native is also a special ed case.
Thanks. That makes a lot of sense.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2921 Feb 3, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Penny,(Native, Born Again Christian), doesn't know that normal people don't strip in front of their friends. After all, there are bathrooms in motels. LOL!
Wait - Penny is a girl?

Funny how often I read the fundies backwards before learning their gender - that probably means something.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2922 Feb 3, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>I'll take your dads word for it. He says you are a tran dude. Besides, since most lesbians try to look like men and most gay men try to look like women, either they are doing a bad job at it or you are a tran dude. All you gays are homophobes and that is why AIDS is like candy to you all.
Wow, what an intellect we have here LOL.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2923 Feb 3, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>Your assumption is that all gays hate themselves or do you know this for a fact??? Hmm yeah, fact. The fact is, you are just ticked off because you are stuck with you.
No, closeted gay people tend to hate themselves. Duh.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2925 Feb 3, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony C:"You will never in your life pray on this issue as much as I have for as long as I have. I am the expert here, not you."
I, for one, am greatly benefiting from your first-hand, straight-forward testimony on the subject of homosexuality and it's impact on you as you struggle for faith.
I think you're doing just fine, and I'm confident the Lord does too.
I anticipate a wonderful outcome!
Thanks, janeebee.

The faith was already in place before I hit a certain age and started to realize (fear) I was attracted to boys and not girls.

So, while it took a long time, the faith is what actually got me through all that. I believe you can only handle so much at one time. So first I had to get through some other struggles (home/family stuff) before I could handle beginning to deal with that.

But once I did, I quickly came full circle. It was one year from meeting my first lover to coming out to my mother and everyone else. There has been no downside. I have been living that "wonderful outcome" in the form of a very happy and strong marriage for nearly six years now, and my faith is as strong as ever, if not more so.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2926 Feb 3, 2013
For Sure wrote:
Any of you queers want to explain what NAMBLA is or what it stands for???
Not unless you address us with respect.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#2928 Feb 3, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>Your assumption is that all gays hate themselves or do you know this for a fact??? Hmm yeah, fact. The fact is, you are just ticked off because you are stuck with you.
Hiya 'doc' the sock! anpother one eh? whats this make now about 8 socks?

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#2929 Feb 3, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
<quoted text>No really, you gays should preach this in gay bars and gay bath houses. So, your road to hell can fill a little comforting.
You just don't get it. Some of us know and without being you can not. But then again, you have a reprobate mind. That is like a mentally deficient mind with an IQ of 1 trying to understand astrophysics. You can not.
OMG.. this makes now what, 9 of em?

Oh 'doc'.. your socks area all so obvious.. and everyone of em you created in NOV 12 when you finally got past the Topix ban placed on the last ten or so they wiped out!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#2930 Feb 3, 2013
For Sure wrote:
Any of you queers want to explain what NAMBLA is or what it stands for???
Why dont you, since everyone knows that you are the president and founder of that organization..

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2932 Feb 3, 2013
Nineteen minute Ted Talk video in the process of formulating beliefs, helpful in understanding howamong other things religios beliefs come about. When youunderstand the biological process of cognition/beiefs, it makes looking at uestioning that content not only easier but necessary:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-shermer...

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2933 Feb 3, 2013
For Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by respect. Never said anything out of the way. What do you want me to do, say please?
You think addressing us as "any of you queers" is respectful? Who raised you?

Try again and I'm happy to answer your question.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#2934 Feb 3, 2013
Dana Robertson,
The laws may be changing, but the Bible warns in the last days it will be like Noah's days. So in the end you will lose and so will the homosexuals unless they repent from their perverted lifestyle and come to Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins. Homosexuality is an abomination and unnatural and nothing you do will change God's mind on that. I will never go into a closet being a Christian. I as a Christian will proclaim till my dying day homosexuality is a perverted sexual act along side bestiality and incest.
<quoted text>
And that only proves you'll be ignorant and wrong until your dying day, just like your fellow Klansman. There is nothing noble in being stubborn and ignorant at same time. There is nothing Christian about it either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 3 min Rick in Kansas 3,049
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 8 min NorCal Native 5,193
ACLU sues to allow gay club in Indiana school 11 min get real 74
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 26 min WasteWater 26,913
After 30 years, AIDS has become a 'Black disease' (Jun '11) 28 min Peas and Carrots 38
Day After Christmas NE Jade Thread 31 min Newton 2
Creep of the Week: Pat Robertson 42 min Peas and Carrots 18
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr KiMerde 6,101
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr Enrico Salvatore ... 68,591
More from around the web