Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16102 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2883 Feb 2, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Jane Dodo
Yes it is true and studies have been done to show this. You are the clueless one. Instead of calling me names go and research and see for yourself and stop being so ignorant. If you go and ask homosexuals most if not 99 percent have been abused sexually or had a one parent home life not receiving the nurturing that every child deserves from both set of parents.
<quoted text>
THAT IS UNMITIGATED FABRICATION !!!

(Where do these headcases GET this trash !!)

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#2884 Feb 2, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's not. It's about the impact, if any, upon sectarian relations AS A RESULT OF Marriage Equality.
Your thought disorders are getting tedious.
She's Special Ed. what do you expect? Believe me, she's not worth answering. She's been on this forum for years, making no sense at all; bullying real Christians, and condemning others because she's a closeted homosexual. She cannot face the truth that God made her the way she is. She got "saved" and now must lie for her "religion". She doesn't have a whole lot with which to work. She thinks lying on Topix will make others believe she has a normal amount of intelligence.

Location hidden

#2885 Feb 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
But Jesus hadn't made the sacrifice on the cross at that point. How could he be anybody's savior?
That's called the "Penal Substitution Theory" .... and it's a heresy based upon some heretical musings by Anselm of Canterbury in the 11th Century, and codified by Thomas Acquinas in the 13th Century, termed the "Satisfaction Theory of Atonement", and can be traced backward through many precursor heresies to a part of the Saulian anthology that posits a need for "atonement" at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvation_ (Christianity)#Penal_substitut ion_and_faith

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satisfaction_the...

This is all part of the study of "Soteriology".

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#2889 Feb 3, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
<quoted text>No really, you gays should preach this in gay bars and gay bath houses. So, your road to hell can fill a little comforting.
You just don't get it. Some of us know and without being you can not. But then again, you have a reprobate mind. That is like a mentally deficient mind with an IQ of 1 trying to understand astrophysics. You can not.
got stupid???? you sure got plenty

Location hidden

#2890 Feb 3, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>Your assumption is that all gays hate themselves or do you know this for a fact??? Hmm yeah, fact. The fact is, you are just ticked off because you are stuck with you.
That's NOT my assumption. I said a few certain closeted gays on this thread abuse people for that reason, "Doc".

Location hidden

#2891 Feb 3, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
<quoted text>No really, you gays should preach this in gay bars and gay bath houses. So, your road to hell can fill a little comforting.
You just don't get it. Some of us know and without being you can not. But then again, you have a reprobate mind. That is like a mentally deficient mind with an IQ of 1 trying to understand astrophysics. You can not.
Who's abusing others because he hates himself, "Doc"?
You need serious help!

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#2892 Feb 3, 2013
LIes Busters wrote:
<quoted text>Can you provide any evidence that you are not an old tran hag dude?
Can you?

Marysville, CA

#2893 Feb 3, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>We see. What you are saying is that you zoophiliacs and pedophiles don't want to be alone. You can call God sick and evil, but it is you who chooses to be evil, gay and a pedophile. Since your god is the devil, I guess you are trained well to act like him. Now, go worship your sin or devil, same difference.
There is nothing evil in a person wanting to be loved and respected. There is no sin in it either. But there is certainly evil in the people who want to deny others the same right. You are certainly a prime example of people who want to take the Gospel of Jesus Christ and make it evil. Make it a weapon to keep others down instead of lifting them up. You wouldn't know Jesus if he hit you upside your head, and somebody should.

By the way moron, I'm not gay. I just don't hate hate them like you do. More then likely you are expressing hatred towards your own gay feelings of attraction to others.

Marysville, CA

#2894 Feb 3, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. Your dad made you gay. Guess if you were intelligent, your mom would have known what your dad was doing. You'd see how it easy it would be not to be gay.
Homosexuality is a myth that your dad told you when he made you gay.
LOL @ your dad.
Proof that God must have loved idiots, because he has made so many. I guess your dad made you that way. How did you ever learn to even tie your shoes?

Marysville, CA

#2895 Feb 3, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a gay tran doll of how you want to look? Funny thing, tran dude, only you mentioned D cups and being hung. Did your dad have a D cup and was he well hung? I guess there is a gay jean. Do you like Calvin in your jeans?
How many donkeys did your mother screw? Because you're a real jackass. Did she any children who wasn't retarded?

Marysville, CA

#2896 Feb 3, 2013
To all the Gay People here:
Take heart in the postings of all the idiots here trying to use God to justify their diseased minds. What we are seeing are the actions of animals losing a war against their hatred. The laws are changing. Just like in the Civil Rights movement of the 50's and 60's people are coming to except more and more the rights for homosexuals. Almost every day, we see homosexual rights winning the battles. What you are seeing here are the same kind of animals that use to belong in the KKK, using the Bible to justify their hatred of blacks in America. While those type of animals do still exist in America, they are the minority, and they have to hide. They are the ones now in a closet. The same is going to happen to those to hate homosexuals.
Take heart, have faith, be strong in knowing you are on the side of angels.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2897 Feb 3, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>We see. What you are saying is that you zoophiliacs and pedophiles don't want to be alone.......
Do you have difficulty understanding the difference between animals, children, and human adults? What happened to you to cause this break in your mind?

Truly, you need help.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2898 Feb 3, 2013
Phd One Million 1 wrote:
Don't start a battle of wits with Snyper.

You aren't properly endowed.

Since: Dec 09

United States

#2899 Feb 3, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
See, when you completely ignore what I say, you lose even more credibility.
You have no standing to refute someone's real life story.
I sure as hell don't have to prove anything to you, but if I chose to be gay, I would have nothing to lose by saying so. I would just say so.
So you look like a fool insisting I chose it when I already went into great detail about how I not only didn't choose it, but tried everything to avoid it before ever acting on it for 12 years, starting when I was a 12 year old child. Are you going to try to tell me a 12 year old child, altar boy, extremely well-respected and well-regarded straight-A student who practically raised his younger siblings was so immoral that he brought this on himself?
You make no sense. You only have a book and I have my real life example, which refutes every single thing you say. My life itself is proof I am right. You have nothing. You can attempt to elevate one version of a bible to some point of extreme authority, but the reality is it isn't. You can believe whatever you want, but I am not subject to your misinterpretation of God and Christ.
You will never in your life pray on this issue as much as I have for as long as I have. I am the expert here, not you.
Tony C:"You will never in your life pray on this issue as much as I have for as long as I have. I am the expert here, not you."

I, for one, am greatly benefiting from your first-hand, straight-forward testimony on the subject of homosexuality and it's impact on you as you struggle for faith.
I think you're doing just fine, and I'm confident the Lord does too.
I anticipate a wonderful outcome!

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#2900 Feb 3, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
A person who is left handed can be taught to be right-handed. A person can discipline themselves to change.
No, left-handed people can be taught to use their right hand, but they are still left-handed.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#2901 Feb 3, 2013
LowellGuy,
Why do you twist the scriptures? God never told Christians they could not eat shrimp, but he did tell that to the Jews. Jews are not Christians. Now Jews have left and become Christians and they are called Messianic Jews.
Homosexuality is an abomination because it is a sexual sin and Jesus said it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles you, but what comes out of it. Oh, and for your information I do not eat shrimp.
<quoted text>
God never says anything to Christians in the Bible. Jesus only gives instructions for Jews to live by. Paul invented "Christianity." Eating shrimp is called an abomination. Murder isn't. Homosexuality is called an abomination. Rape isn't. Eating shrimp and homosexuality are both called abominations. Are abominations worse than rape and murder?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#2902 Feb 3, 2013
Lowellguy,
A true Christian will not compromise the word of God. They will tell you like it is whether you like it or not. They will not say homosexuality is okay when the Bible says it is not. They will walk the walk and spend daily time in prayer and reading his word and asking for direction from the Holy Spirit.
<quoted text>
But, how do we know whose interpretation is the true interpretation? I mean, every Christian says he/she is a "true Christian," so which ones are right? I mean, obviously the ones who agree with you (according to you). But, they're all going to say it's only the ones who agree with who you're asking. So, we need to know exactly how it works. How do we identify "True Christians?"

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#2903 Feb 3, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And if I wanted to find reason to hate homosexuals, I could find many bad examples to justify it. You're OK with people loving and accepting you, just as long as you don't have to do the same? You're acting like the ones here who are justifying homosexual bigotry. That is hypocrisy.
So, you agree. If YOU use the minority to judge the majority, that's cool, but if someone else uses the minority to judge YOUR majority, that's wrong. Thanks for clearing that up.

When did I ever say that everyone shouldn't have to live by the rules to which they hold everybody else?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#2904 Feb 3, 2013
Granspasmurf952,
Wrong God did not make hermaphrodite it happened because of the sin nature inside of each of us.
Prove it. Whenever you make a statement of "fact" like this for which there is no evidence, the claim will rightly be dismissed immediately as you making shit up. Want to be taken seriously? Provide evidence to support the crap you're peddling.
Just like someone is born with down syndrome because of a missing chromosome. The fall of Adam and Eve is what made all these diseases and things like down syndrome and hermaphrodite. To many have been homosexual and left the homosexual life to be with the opposite sex and are still married today. That is how we know it is a choice and not something you are born with.
Let me make myself very clear I could care less what science says concerning homosexuality or anything else because it is God that has the final say not man. Science is not God. I will always believe homosexual is a sexual sin because the Bible clearly says it is.
We are not all one. Those who are not Christians are on Satan's team and unless they come to Christ they will die and go to hell.
<quoted text>
You don't care what science says about anything, you only care what the Bible says. So, if the Bible said, for instance, that birds appeared on Earth before land tetrapods, you accept that as true and completely disregard all evidence that contradicts it. When someone stops caring about demonstrable reality in favor of a book, they lose all credibility.

Why would you ever take any medicine?

Marysville, CA

#2905 Feb 3, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you agree. If YOU use the minority to judge the majority, that's cool, but if someone else uses the minority to judge YOUR majority, that's wrong. Thanks for clearing that up.
When did I ever say that everyone shouldn't have to live by the rules to which they hold everybody else?
Your actions say it. Grow up, will you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 7 min Reverend Alan 1,289
News More evidence that kids of gay parents do just ... 9 min Tiny Violin 5
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 21 min Wondering 8,253
News Craig James Sues Fox Sports Alleging Network Fi... 22 min Butters 21
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min CDC 52,074
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 1 hr Wondering 1,887
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Respect71 24,146
News Feds release updated strategy against AIDS in A... 14 hr Logic Analysis 24
More from around the web