Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#2617 Feb 1, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
They'll use it to dismiss everything else.
Exactly.......lol:-)
Blahblahblah

Greenvale, Australia

#2620 Feb 2, 2013
Suicides by gay people is caused by the unacceptance of fvcktards just like you.

Jam ya religion where the sun don't shine

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2621 Feb 2, 2013
LIes Busters wrote:
<quoted text>Strange, because in Canada and the US, 80% of HIV infections are gays. CDC.gov
Nope.
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#2622 Feb 2, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew 19:4-6 says, "4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5 And said, For this cause (that they are male and female) shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together (a man and a wife), let not man put asunder."
He never said anything about making man for man......Nettie you need to throw in the towel and just admit that you are as lost as any sinner out there!
Captain Kirk said, "why does God need a spaceship?"
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#2623 Feb 2, 2013
LIes Busters wrote:
<quoted text>No, that would be you trying to use anything to pretend that the dirty toilet is not filled with your crap. Straights do not need to reveal anything to gays, the message is in your mind and you can't escape. It is you gays who commit suicide and 91% of you gays contemplate it. No matter how you slice it, the issue is within you and that makes you mentally worse than even pedophiles which are mostly gays anyway.
Here is the thing, if by your group's claims, straights can be closet gays, then that means that all gays are closet pedophiles. Ask NAMBLA, they are your gay leaders.
Surely those suicides couldn't have anything to do with negative social pressure like what you wrote. When you have to lie about people in an effort to dehumanize them so you don't have to feel bad about their suicides, that tells us a lot about your "faith."

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2624 Feb 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Life-style is a choice of the individually which will have to be answered for later....
No, just ignoring what I say and repeating what you said doesn't make what you said true.

"Lifestyle" is a choice. Being gay is not a lifestyle. Being a beach bunny is a lifestyle.

As you know, you did not choose your sexual orientation. Neither did I.

Correct yourself.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2625 Feb 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not ignoring....
Just trying to make you think....
Now THAT is funny.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2626 Feb 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so you know the mind of God....
Before you take things out of context. Those words you typed above were in response to this:

"God did not intend for every person to multiply.
Next."

I did not claim to know the mind of God. It's obvious, factual, and beyond dispute that not every person is intended to multiply.

How do we know this?

Simple: Some people are born unable to have children. Some people are born with disabilities other than reproductive issues which still prevent them from having children. Some people die before they have a chance to have children. And some people are born gay.

Just trying to make you think LOL - that could take a lot more effort than I'm willing to give.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2627 Feb 2, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
Marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN......
The words of Jesus:
Matthew 19:4-6
4 And He answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that He which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
My marriage is between two men. Correct yourself.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2628 Feb 2, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been quite awhile since I have had the opportunity to write to you. I have read many of your posts. I have spoken to you about God, and everything that I could on the civil union site. My nephew spoke to you and try to convince you that the Bible speaks against it. But since as you put it" it doesn't get any more gayer than this," as you said to my nephew....One day, we all will have to stand before God. One day, we all will have to answer for the good and the bad that we have done. One day we will have to answer for if we believe or don't believe. I am not here to judge you, or argue with you. As I said we all will go before God, and no not one of us will escape His judgement. I believe you were some sort of priest if memory serves me right. I do not remember what kind of priest you were. But, have a good day Sir. If you are a different Snyper....sorry, for the confusion.
One day, everyone who mistreated gay people and tried to change them instead of accepting the way God made them, will come before God and will have to answer for their sin.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2629 Feb 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you afraid of???
Not one thing. What in the world makes you think I'm afraid of something?

I'm calling you out because your posts make no sense, so that means I'm afraid of something?

Methinks your brain doesn't work so well.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2630 Feb 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not thinking very well when it comes to your soul....
Thinking more about my soul than you ever possibly could have.

Don't make assumptions. It makes you look stupid.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2631 Feb 2, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God is crystal clear on the matter.....marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN. And homosexuality is a sin. All sexual relations outside of marriage are a sin.
That's not being a hypocrite or a Pharisee. Christians are to preach/share the Word of God........Jesus was clear that we are to "judge righteous judgment". SIN is SIN and is supposed to be preached against. That's the problem today......too many "feel good" worthless "Christians" and pastors that don't stand up for the Word of God.
I WILL STAND UP FOR JESUS AND PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL!!!!!!!!!!
You'd better check the accuracy of that book first.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2632 Feb 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And we are suppose to believe your link over the Word of God???
Come back when you find the Word of God and can prove it.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2633 Feb 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we don't just use a few verses......we use the whole Word of God.....
You don't have the whole Word of God.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2634 Feb 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sin separates man from God.....
You would know.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2635 Feb 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sin is lawlessness....
"Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness."
God has revealed to us His law or will.
The Bible is the final authority on sin and its consequences.
Objection: unresponsive.

This was the quote to which you replied, yet your reply does not answer the quote:

"Yes, the sin actually was inhospitality."

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2636 Feb 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worship the bible....
Worship God....
Read about "idolatry." You worship a version of the bible.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2637 Feb 2, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm against all sin equally. Clearly homosexuality is a sin, yet the homosexuals and their "defenders" want to LIE and try to TWIST the Word of God. That is disgusting and despicable!
Only a complete piece of low-life trash would outright LIE about God's Holy Word!!!!!!!!!!
This is what infuriates so many REAL Christians.
And yet, here you are, outright LYING about God's Holy Word.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2638 Feb 2, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, because OKAY refuted a claim?
No, because OKAY is sitting here quoting crap in an attempt to characterize gay people.

All he has to do is ASK US. We're right here. We'll tell you if what you are reading is true or not. We'll tell you whatever you ask, within reason.

Either you come here for honest dialogue, or you come here to post crap you suppose is true but of which you have no firsthand knowledge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 min positronium 14,076
News Apology to Canadians persecuted for being gay c... 9 min NE Jade 4
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 30 min Frankie Rizzo 57,933
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 26,408
Roy Moore.....Just Another Hypocrite 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 68
News Gay pride fills Buenos Aires streets 3 hr Samuel 4
News Southwestern Connecticut companies lauded for L... 4 hr Rick Perry s Closet 14
News Anti-gay married Republican quits after he is c... 5 hr youll shoot your ... 61
More from around the web