Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
2,261 - 2,280 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar, I mean Liam is just making up stories. David and Jonathan were close friends, REAL friends......not anything more!!!!!!! It is completely disgusting to even insinuate that they were lovers, God help you sick people!!!!!!!!!
Why did they get all naked with each other then? Do you do that with just friends?
Romans Road wrote:
It's sad you unbelievers must have never had real friends before.....you think everyone and everything is some kind of sex object. It's all about lusts and sex acts with the unbelievers.......
I have real friends, but only have gotten totally naked with those I've had sex with.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Research by US psychologists suggests that 80 percent of men who are homophobic have secret homosexual feelings. This finding lends =cientific support to the long-standing speculation that those who shout the =oudest against homosexuality have something to hide.
The research results were published in the prestigious Journal of =bnormal Psychology, with the backing of the American Psychological =ssociation.
In tests conducted by Prof. Henry E Adams of the University of =eorgia, homophobic men who said they were exclusively heterosexual were shown =ay sex videos. Four out of five became sexually aroused by the homoerotic =magery, as recorded by a penile circumference measuring device - a =lethysmograph.
Prof. Adams says his research shows that most homophobes "demonstrate =significant sexual arousal to homosexual erotic stimuli", suggesting =hat homophobia is a form of "latent homosexuality where persons are either =naware of or deny their homosexual urges".
These findings have prompted the gay rights group OutRage! to write =o a cross-section of 20 homophobic MPs challenging them to take Prof.=dams's test to counter suggestions that their anti-gay voting record might be =vidence of repressed homosexuality

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Truth wrote:
Can one (conservative) church deny the religious freedom of another (progressive)church under the laws of a country that is built on religious freedom? Let's hope not because that is the type of religious tyranny that our forefathers came to America to escape.
Can ANY church deny the freedom of a Citizen? How, exactly, would they do this?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Globally, around 11% of HIV =nfections are among babies who acquire the virus from their mothers; 10% result from injecting drug use; 5-10% are due to sex between men; and 5-10% occur in healthcare settings. Sex between men and women accounts for the =emaining proportion around two thirds of new infectionshttp://www.avert.org /worlstatinfo.htm

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If the bible is the truth why do the four books of the bible contradict each other? Because it's a story book for adults.
Because it is an anthology compiled and edited by a group with an agenda.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering.
And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove"
Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Bible is the preserved, inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God!(Psalm 12:6-7, Proverbs 30:5-6, 2 Timothy 3:16, Matthew 24:35)
Quoting the buy-bull to prove the buy-bull.
LOL.
Romans Road wrote:
You won't be mocking God on judgment day. You WILL bow before Jesus, You WILL confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of the Father.(Philippians 2:10-11)
I'd tell him to kiss my black backside. After all, unless there is an Ultra Hell, what would I have to lose? Why suck up to him?
Romans Road wrote:
If you die without being washed in the BLOOD of Christ Jesus, you will be sent to an eternal Hell for your sins........and in 10,000 years you'll still be there......and in a 100,000 years you'll still be there......and in a million years you'll still be begging for a drip of water to cool your tongue.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Any evidence at all that hell exists?
Didn't think so.

Do aborted fetuses go to hell? After all, they don't accept Jesus.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you put equal effort into banning the consumption of shrimp? Really? Please, link us to a page where you rail against eating frogs, lobsters, and eels.
He's going to throw at you the part of that tract wherein Saul's follower makes his case for teaching gentiles, that gentiles elect to misinterpret as abrogation of the old Levitical dietary proscriptions ... which never applied to Gentiles anyway.

Only observance of the Noachian Laws was EVER considered required of the Noachidim (gentiles).

Saul's follower, Luke, records Saul's completely bogus accounts to the gentiles of how he argued and won for them the concession from the Jerusalem Community that they only need follow the Laws that were EVER required of them ... and circumcision was NEVER one of them. lolol WHAT A CON ARTIST!!! Over the centuries, the Noachian Laws had many interpretations, but at the time under discussion were quite lax. In fact, most Jews weren't into teaching gentiles much of anything, even though the fascination was definitely there. Circumcision put most others off. The Noachian Laws did not include this.

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/9679-l...

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close...here's a chart for new infections...
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/in...
Oh, if you need help, MSM = Males having Sex with Males
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/factsheets/u...
There is a world beyond the US. You do know that, don't you?
And you homophobes use AIDS to try and demonize gay men. It's a disease, caused by a virus, like the flu. And no more a punishment for sin than the flu is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

subspace wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are defining and judging them by their sexuality. They are perfectly willing to live and let live. You are not.
Exactly. They want us GONE.

Some of them harrass us, dispossess us, fire us, evict us, beat us ... kill us.

Their teachings condition their children, generation after generation, to persecute us.

Orientation is not a learned thing.

Their disguised and denied hatred for us IS.

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. The parents are probably the greatest influence on the sexual orientation of their children.
Now please answer the question: would you deliberately raise your son to be homosexual?
Why do you keep asking this stupid question? Is it because you are stupid? It's like asking if he'd raise his son to be blue eyed.
Jeff wrote:
Would you have him read homosexual literature? Would you take him to gay pride parades and show him how good it is to be homosexual?
Would reading homosexual literature turn you gay? And those gay pride parades you look at haven't either. Have they?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew 19:4-6 says, "4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5 And said, For this cause (that they are male and female) shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together (a man and a wife), let not man put asunder."
He never said anything about making man for man......Nettie you need to throw in the towel and just admit that you are as lost as any sinner out there!
And in the verses just prior to those, my annoyingly juridical pharisee, Yeshua is recorded as stating that not all of the Mosaic code is of divine origin. The entire section is NOT some new ruling on marriage, but a direct slam on their hairsplitting legalism which they used to oppress others, and hypocritically place themselves above others.

They killed him for it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Laci Ann 7 wrote:
Also Nettie Jesus said (at the beginning) you know....talking about God's plan for a family?!
That why he made so many of them end up being reared in single parent and singlesex families by ordering their daddies off to war?

Sorry child.

Yeshua was deconstructing the entire Mosaic Code, one piece at a time. From the holiness codes to the entire paradigm of blood salvation, he was carrying a message that "Daddy isn't the viciously insane jerk these guys make him out to be."

Think about it ...

I'm mad as hell at you, but kill some of my pets and I'll feel better about you.

That's just NUTS.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

subspace wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe heterosexual sex is the only normal? i think i understand you saying this repeatedly. i am heterosexual. Not bi, not heteroflexible. There are many variations of homosexuality, and heterosexuality that is "in addition to" not instead of. i find it amusing that you believe heterosexuality the ONLY norm because then YOU must consider me normal as well- despite the fact i am oriented IN ADDITION to heterosexuality to BDSM, Master -slave, am a masochist (the APA no longer sees ANY of these a problem BTW unless obsessed to the point of not being able to work, or involving nonconsent as in rape, a primarily Hetero activity if you read the papers, or maniacs like the hetero Speed Freak Killers) but i AM hetero--whew!
Sexuality has many orientations and aspects, The Bible BTW has NO words against BDSM. Thought you might want to know that.
Odd that it has a god that recommends raping enemy's wives and daughters though. Can't determine if Judas hanged himself or threw himself off a cliff. Some try to claim he did both--talk about rationalization!!
AND FYI- the plumbing fits.
TMI. You just blew your all your other arguments right out of their little minds.

Apparently, you also tend to ill-considered exhibitionism.

(sigh)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a world beyond the US. You do know that, don't you?
And you homophobes use AIDS to try and demonize gay men. It's a disease, caused by a virus, like the flu. And no more a punishment for sin than the flu is.
They think that ANY virus is a punmishment, instead of the little gene-splicing workhorses that helped build this world in all of it's diversity!

Small-minded, self-obsessed, paranoid, guilt and shame freaks! That what they are!

So tedious.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
TMI. You just blew your all your other arguments right out of their little minds.
Apparently, you also tend to ill-considered exhibitionism.
(sigh)
No, I believe that poster covered all of the Fundies fears in that post......these are the things they can't grasp and will probably accuse the poster of lying or some other BS.......lol!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I believe that poster covered all of the Fundies fears in that post......these are the things they can't grasp and will probably accuse the poster of lying or some other BS.......lol!!!
They'll use it to dismiss everything else.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••