Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2382 Feb 1, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>Its like eating. We are born with the desire to eat. Parents encourage and make their children eat food that is good for them. They will discourage junk food. In regards to sex that comes years later. Parents will encourage the thriving of their children's gender. Boys play with boys and girls with girls for the most part.
You assert that it is "like", but you have yet to demonstrate that it in fact IS.

Location hidden

#2383 Feb 1, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Jane Dodo,
Yes there are many x homosexuals and they are now living heterosexual lives and some are even married. So you want to go and tempt them in their old sin is that what the test is? Why would you want to make them fall back into their old sexual sinful lifestyle? You must be one hard up person to do something as nasty as that to anyone. That is like sticking a needle in front of a heroin addict to see if they will pick up the needle to use again. No one in their right mind would do that to a drug addict or an alcoholic. Homosexuality is a chosen lifestyle and that has been proven by many going into it then years leaving it.
<quoted text>
"many" ??

Name ten males.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2386 Feb 1, 2013
Nettiebelle,
No, you have not proven it because unlike you I do not follow the pope or priest or any other man. I get alone with the Holy Spirit and he teaches me what I need to know about the Bible. In fact most all true born again Christians unlike yourself are taught by the same Holy Spirit and they agree on things.
Show me in the Bible where it says anything about the Catholic Church being qualified to teach anyone? I would like this verse please. Funny, I have never read anywhere where Jesus even mentioned the Catholic church in the Bible please chapter and verse showing me where Jesus is speaking of the Catholic church in those very words.
<quoted text>
Get over yourself.
All Catholics are born again Christians.
No one 'follows' the Pope; all Catholics try their best to follow and live their faith, which is the Catholic religion/faith, which the Catholic Church teaches us about!
Jesus founded a church and the only Christian church around during His lifetime was the Catholic one.
He founded a universal church for all of mankind. Catholic means universal.
The Catholic Church only started calling itself 'Catholic Church' after groups had splintered from it so as to more or less identify themselves more fully.
There never was a need for a name; there was only ONE church.
Please show us where Jesus mentions YOUR particular sect of Christianity/church in the Bible. Be specific, do not just say 'Christians', you will fail.
Catholics depend on the solid fact that the Holy Spirit leads the Catholic Church in no errors in its teachings and interpretations of scripture and Jesus told them they had His Authority in doing so; He GAVE them His authority!
Can you or your church claim this? No, you cannot.

Location hidden

#2387 Feb 1, 2013
Tony,
This is how I know you are not born again because you deny the Bible as the word of God 100 percent which makes you Satan's child.
<quoted text>
That anthology of writing is NOT "the Word of God". Some parts of it are prophetic utterence. The rest is not.

Enjoy ...

&fe ature=related

Location hidden

#2388 Feb 1, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Get over yourself.
All Catholics are born again Christians.
No one 'follows' the Pope; all Catholics try their best to follow and live their faith, which is the Catholic religion/faith, which the Catholic Church teaches us about!
Jesus founded a church and the only Christian church around during His lifetime was the Catholic one.
He founded a universal church for all of mankind. Catholic means universal.
The Catholic Church only started calling itself 'Catholic Church' after groups had splintered from it so as to more or less identify themselves more fully.
There never was a need for a name; there was only ONE church.
Please show us where Jesus mentions YOUR particular sect of Christianity/church in the Bible. Be specific, do not just say 'Christians', you will fail.
Catholics depend on the solid fact that the Holy Spirit leads the Catholic Church in no errors in its teachings and interpretations of scripture and Jesus told them they had His Authority in doing so; He GAVE them His authority!
Can you or your church claim this? No, you cannot.
"Orthodoxy" would be more than a bit miffed at your very inaccurate statements. lol

Better revisit (commence?) the study of Patristics and Ecclesiology.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2390 Feb 1, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"Orthodoxy" would be more than a bit miffed at your very inaccurate statements. lol
Better revisit (commence?) the study of Patristics and Ecclesiology.
:)
Forgive me, when I post back to nutwad/Born_Again_Christian, I get a bit carried away.

Over half of U.S. Catholics now support same-sex marriage; I am among this group.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#2392 Feb 1, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>What facts are Christians inventing?
Most relevant to this thread is the origin of sexual orientation. They also try and ignore the facts about evolution and the Big Bang theory, global warming and just about anything that is science related. In general, they try to paint these things as being in competition with religion, even though they are not. Evolution and belief in a Deity are perfectly compatable. Recognizing that humans have free will, and can therefore seriously screw up this planet is right in line with the teachings of just about every religion that I know about.

#2393 Feb 1, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Bible is completely honest in the faults of those in the stories. If David was a Sodomite or had a gay experience then the bible would have stated it. We know that David's son raped his own sister, David had an affair with Bathsheba, David had her husband sent to the front-line to be killed, etc etc etc. We know the Bible is the Word of God because no man would have been so brutally honest in detailing these stories.
YOU are adding to the Word of God and making up lies to defend unholy, unbiblical lifestyles. YOU need to repent and come to Jesus Christ for the remission of sins!
Silly child, the Bible is also honest about David and Johnathan having sex. As I said above, it is also clear that he could not hve been a sodomite, since temple prostitutes were forbidden within the congregation, and David was a messiah.

If homosexuality were in any way "unholy", then it would have been condemned in the Bbile, yet there are no verses that legitimately translate into any such condemnation. Quite the contrary, since it actually CELEBRATES the marriage of David and Johnathan.

Location hidden

#2394 Feb 1, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>:)
Forgive me, when I post back to nutwad/Born_Again_Christian, I get a bit carried away.
Over half of U.S. Catholics now support same-sex marriage; I am among this group.
Thank you.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#2395 Feb 1, 2013
Norcal Native,
Again you need to learn what a Sodomite is. A sodomite is one who commits sodomy. Why is it my business? Because you gays have an agenda to teach people that homosexuality is normal and I will not sit back and allow people like yourself to lie to others.
It is my business like I said because you gays have an agenda to teach that this is a normal thing and it is not. I not interested in watching 2 men have perverted sex. I am more interested in telling people the lies of your gay agenda that your lifestyle is not a choice when in fact it has been proven it is. Many people have left the gay life for heterosexuality.
<quoted text>
So, you spend all day thinking about what Gay men and heterosexuals do in their bedroom.......truly sad!!!

Well, seeing as it is EVANGELISTIC FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIANS doing the lying......no one really cares what you have to say......and I still didn't see you posting any of those supposed amazing stories about leaving a supposed otherwise innate part of who they are......anyone can live in denial......Gays and Lesbians have done it for centuries.......and if some opt to step backwards and lie to themselves, that's their issue, but in reality.....NO ONE CAN CHANGE WHAT IS INNATE.....unless they are Bisexual......and how do you know people have actually changed their sexual orientation? Have you seen them doing the sex act? Know what they are thinking about when they are with the opposite-sex? I'm still looking for those links I asked you about!!!

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#2396 Feb 1, 2013
Snyper,
If you are stupid enough to believe an animal can be homosexual then you are really gullible.
According to a recent article I read of a dog going to be put down to sleep because it was showing homosexual tendencies a person said that animals to do things like this to show their more dominant than the other.
While dogs are known to occasionally display homosexual behavior, animal experts say a male dog mounting another male dog is not a sign of sexual orientation but rather a sign of dominance.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22711...
<quoted text>
Some who wish to justify the harm the inflict on gay people through discriminatory laws, claim there is no homosexuality in other animals and that is how they justify harming gay people. For those folks, pointing out that homosexuality occurs in over 1500 other species is relevant.

For others who wish to justify the harm they cause by pointing out that some of those species would hump anything, it is relevant to point out that some of those 1500 species form life long pair bonds.

"Homosexuality is quite common in the animal kingdom, especially among herding animals."
"One fundamental premise in social debates has been that homosexuality is unnatural. This premise is wrong. Homosexuality is both common and highly essential in the lives of a number of species," explains Peter Boeckman.

"We're talking about everything from mammals to crabs and worms. The actual number is of course much higher. Among some animals homosexual behaviour is rare, some having sex with the same gender only a part of their life, while other animals, such as the dwarf chimpanzee, homosexuality is practiced throughout their lives.

"Animals that live a completely homosexual life can also be found. This occurs especially among birds that will pair with one partner for life, which is the case with geese and ducks. Four to five percent of the couples are homosexual. Single females will lay eggs in a homosexual pair's nest. It has been observed that the homosexual couple are often better at raising the young than heterosexual couples."
http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/2...

#2397 Feb 1, 2013
Liam,
You have no reality. Yes you do cause then it makes it look like you think you know and you do not. My brain is not melting. You are not Christian and show your ignorance on Scripture. The Holy Spirit is my teacher and he says you are wrong. David and Jonathon were not lovers.
<quoted text>
Silly child, Casper is only a cartoon. If you think that Casper is teaching you, then you need to seek professional help. The Good News is that there is now medicine that can help you with you hallucinations.

Once CAsper is back in the TV set, I would suggest you go back and read the Bible for comprehension, not just to be able to claim that you have "read" it from start to finish. Looking at the pages will not help you understand the writing, especially since much of it was written in a poetical style in an archaic language.

Of course, you also need to understand that NO translation can EVER be perfect: ancient Hebrew had very different concerns from modern English. And if you are reading a translation of a translation of a translation, the problems only get worse.
BOLD

Williamstown, WV

#2398 Feb 1, 2013
***What is the point in arguing over the FACT that it is plain wrong and disgusting to support a SIN so destructive to our human race.***The devil wants more than anything to bring down the GOOD MORALS in this COUNTRY, making liars and deceivers of all those that uphold this truly sicking "SIN" that Our Lord and Savior forbids and will not allow into the Kingdom.***NOW! think me crazy and a bigot, or judgmental and even some would accuse me of hatred.***The only thing I hate is sin, abd God hates sin as well.***No getting around the FACT. Homosexuality is a deadly sin, and no one can get into Heaven unless they repent of it and turn their lives around to living a straight life before God Almighty.***Christians can judge SIN anytime, they are never haters of the person, only the sin.*** My Opinion, my convictions.***My Belief***

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#2400 Feb 1, 2013
snyper,
Keep your you tube garbage. I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God and nothing will ever change my belief on this.
<quoted text>
Consider you are using your interpretation of just a few verses to justify harming others, and to ignore the Golden Rule.

The prejudice you promote results in needless suffering and death. You might want to pray on that fact.

#2401 Feb 1, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam's master, Satan, wants to lead as many as he can into Hell. It's foolish to try to lie about the Word of God the way these unbelievers are doing. But that's been Satan's tactic since the garden (Genesis 3).
You, Jeff, me, and the other REAL Christians are the ones that truly care about homosexuals. We want to see them repent and get saved and have eternal life in Heaven.
Silly child, Satan is a myth. Ascribing any powers or abilities to Satan is blasphemy, since all evil comes from the God of the Bible.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

See, here is a clue: according to the Bible, the ONLY God llowed to do anything to the children of Israel was YHVH, no others. That means that there cannot be a God of evil: that is a dualistic religion, not a monotheism. The concept of a "Satan" was invented by mere mortals as a result of contact with the dualism practiced by the Babylonians during the Captivity.

Location hidden

#2402 Feb 1, 2013
snyper,
Keep your you tube garbage. I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God and nothing will ever change my belief on this.
<quoted text>
That one is the "Lord's Prayer" in Ancient Aramaic (Syrian dialect).

"Inspired", except in the specific cases of prophetic utterences, does not mean "dictated". Not all parts of the anthologies carry equal weight. Not among the Hebrew writings (ask any Jewish scholar). Not among the Greek writings, either. Most aren't even written by the persons whose names were slapped on them.

The "word" conflation you've got going there originated in the writings of the thoroughly-hellenized Jewish thinker at the University of Alexandria, Philo. HE'S the one who started that whole fusion of Jewish mysticism with the Greek "Logos" mysterion. He was explicitly trying to find and develop common points between the two cultures. The writers of "John" were obviously gentiles well-acquainted with his thinking. Again, if you want to try to make a case for Philo being a prophet, I'm certainly interested in seeing you try to make it march, but I'm doubtful.

Idolatry of an anthology of mostly Bronze Age writings is decidedly not recommended.

For those dedicated to REALLY following the "Holy Spirit of Truth" (it's FULL name), here's an easy read that places the Sauline writings side by side with the Platonic and Stoic writings. it WILL "set you free".

(disclaimer: Any similarities are purely historical. lol)

http://www.worldandi.com/newhome/public/2004/...

#2403 Feb 1, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should one repent for being the way God made them??
Repent against God???
In an earlier time, these yahoos would have been preaching to their black slaves that repenting would make their skin white so they could get into Heaven...
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2404 Feb 1, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Most relevant to this thread is the origin of sexual orientation. They also try and ignore the facts about evolution and the Big Bang theory, global warming and just about anything that is science related. In general, they try to paint these things as being in competition with religion, even though they are not. Evolution and belief in a Deity are perfectly compatable. Recognizing that humans have free will, and can therefore seriously screw up this planet is right in line with the teachings of just about every religion that I know about.
That is quite a generalization. I know plenty of Christians who believe these things i.e. "evolution and the Big Bang theory, global warming and just about anything that is science related." I could probably find a number of atheist who deny these things to.

What is the origin of sexual orientation?

You don't have to be religious to screw up the planet. Most do it out of greed and ignorance and not for religious reasons.

Location hidden

#2405 Feb 1, 2013
Norcal Native,
Here is the definition of a Sodomite. You might want to learn and stop being so ignorant.
Sodomite
Sod·om·ite
[sod-uh-mahyt] Show IPA
noun
an inhabitant of Sodom.
( lowercase ) a person who engages in sodomy.
Now what is Sodomy?
sod·om·y audio (sd-m) KEY
NOUN:
Any of various forms of sexual intercourse held to be unnatural or abnormal, especially anal intercourse or bestiality.
Why don't we consult the people who wrote the stories ...

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13827-...

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/10122-...

... rather than the traditional misunderstandings of gentiles.

#2406 Feb 1, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know you're talking to God and not actually talking to Satan? How do you know, really?
You can tell by the way their love has them frothing at the mouth when they talk about people burning in Hell...

Of course, to so so, they have to pervert and twist the Bible in blasphemous ways...

Jeremiah 3:12 ...I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever.

Oops. So much for "eternal" Hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LET's PARTAAAAYY!!! 2 hr Brown Eye 4
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 2 hr Brown Eye 28,133
News Kim Davis challenger: Man whose marriage licens... 2 hr doom of truth 36
News 22 states ban housing discrimination against ga... 3 hr Islam n Judaism 33
News Lyft driver in Indianapolis orders gay couple o... 4 hr Bouncy House 50
News Church suffering from same-sex motion sickness 4 hr Rinaldo 2
News As a gay teen, Evan Low thought about changing ... 4 hr Bruce 6
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr SHEWEE 61,743