Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,105

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story
OKAY

United States

#2354 Feb 1, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>

Be faithful to your partners, or practice safe sex.
Apparently easier said than done.

Gay author Gabriel Rotello notes the perspective of many gays that “Gay liberation was founded ... on a ‘sexual brotherhood of promiscuity,’ and any abandonment of that promiscuity would amount to a ‘communal betrayal of gargantuan proportions.’”1 Rotello’s perception of gay promiscuity, which he criticizes, is consistent with survey results. A far-ranging study of homosexual men published in 1978 revealed that 75 percent of self-identified, white, gay men admitted to having sex with more than 100 different males in their lifetime: 15 percent claimed 100-249 sex partners; 17 percent claimed 250- 499; 15 percent claimed 500-999; and 28 percent claimed more than 1,000 lifetime male sex partners.2 By 1984, after the AIDS epidemic had taken hold, homosexual men were reportedly curtailing promiscuity, but not by much. Instead of more than 6 partners per month in 1982, the average non-monogamous respondent in San Francisco reported having about 4 partners per month in 1984.3

In more recent years, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control has reported an upswing in promiscuity, at least among young homosexual men in San Francisco. From 1994 to 1997, the percentage of homosexual men reporting multiple partners and unprotected anal sex rose from 23.6 percent to 33.3 percent, with the largest increase among men under 25.4 Despite its continuing incurability, AIDS no longer seems to deter individuals from engaging in promiscuous gay sex.5 A 2003 U. S.- based, Urban Men’s Health Study, reported that over 30% of the homosexual men studied frequented bathhouses with an average of 27 partners per year.6 In a 2003 study, Amsterdam “singles” averaged 22 casual partners/year, while those with a “steady partner” averaged eight (8).7 The average duration of partnerships was 1.5 years. In a 2005 Canadian vaccine trial, homosexual individuals reported 7 partners in the last 6 months.8

The data relating to gay promiscuity were obtained from self-identified gay men. Some advocates argue that the average would be lower if closeted homosexuals were included in the statistics.9 That is likely true, according to data obtained in a 2000 survey in Australia that tracked whether men who had sex with men were associated with the gay community. Men who were associated with the gay community were nearly four times as likely to have had more than 50 sex partners in the six months preceding the survey as men who were not associated with the gay community.10 This may imply that it is riskier to be “out” than “closeted.” Adopting a gay identity may create more pressure to be promiscuous and to be so with a cohort of other more promiscuous partners.
OKAY

United States

#2355 Feb 1, 2013
cont

Excessive sexual promiscuity results in serious medical consequences — indeed, it is a recipe for transmitting disease and generating an epidemic.11 The HIV/AIDS epidemic has remained a predominantly gay issue in the U.S. primarily because of the greater degree of promiscuity among gays.12 A study based upon statistics from 1986 through 1990 estimated that 20-year-old gay men had a 50 percent chance of becoming HIV positive by age 55.13 As of June 2001, nearly 64 percent of men with AIDS were men who have had sex with men.14 Syphilis is also more common among gay men. The San Francisco Public Health Department recently reported that syphilis among the city’s gay and bisexual men was at epidemic levels. According to the San Francisco Chronicle:

“Experts believe syphilis is on the rise among gay and bisexual men because they are engaging in unprotected sex with multiple partners, many of whom they met in anonymous situations such as sex clubs, adult bookstores, meetings through the Internet and in bathhouses. The new data will show that in the 93 cases involving gay and bisexual men this year, the group reported having 1,225 sexual partners.”15

A 2010 CDC data analysis reveals that the rate of primary and secondary syphilis among MSM (men who have sex with men) is more than 46 times that of other men and more than 71 times that of women. 16[insert reference 10 from Male Homosexual Behavior] Promiscuity is the factor most responsible for the extreme rates of these and other Sexually Transmitted Diseases cited below, many of which result in a shortened life span for men who have sex with men.

Promiscuity among lesbians is less extreme, but it is still higher than among heterosexual women. Overall, women tend to have fewer sex partners than men. But there is a surprising finding about lesbian promiscuity in the literature. Australian investigators reported that lesbian women were 4.5 times more likely to have had more than 50 lifetime male partners than heterosexual women (9 percent of lesbians versus 2 percent of heterosexual women); and 93 percent of women who identified themselves as lesbian reported a history of sex with men.17 Other studies similarly show that 75-90 percent of women who have sex with women have also had sex with men.1

http://factsaboutyouth.com/posts/promiscuity/
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#2358 Feb 1, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Nettiebelle,
No, you have not proven it because unlike you I do not follow the pope or priest or any other man. I get alone with the Holy Spirit and he teaches me what I need to know about the Bible. In fact most all true born again Christians unlike yourself are taught by the same Holy Spirit and they agree on things.
Show me in the Bible where it says anything about the Catholic Church being qualified to teach anyone? I would like this verse please. Funny, I have never read anywhere where Jesus even mentioned the Catholic church in the Bible please chapter and verse showing me where Jesus is speaking of the Catholic church in those very words.
<quoted text>
Why should we believe you, and not the other 500,000,000 people that claim teaching by the Holy Spirit yet believe differently? Where's your proof? You can't all be right.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#2359 Feb 1, 2013
Norcal Native,
The word homosexual did not exist, but the word Sodomite did and a Sodomite is one who commits sodomy which is anal sex with the same gender. Ya, and it does make it so what you claim either remember that. Sodomites were talked about in 1 and 2 Kings, but you were told that before and ignored it.
<quoted text>
Sorry, you'd be wrong.....but I'm not going to continue to go back and forth over it with you......believe as you want.....it won't make it true, right or correct!!!

Sodomite is not a person who engages in sodomy and besides, if they did.....why is it your business?

Secondly......seeing as we don't live under God's rules or law......who the fruck cares what 2 consenting adults do? As long as it doesn't involve you.....MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS!!!

It doesn't matter what I believe or think.....YOUR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS ARE NOT MINE....nor this Countries and it doesn't matter what some frucking mythical book may say or not say......heterosexuals engage in anal and oral sex.....good for them, they probably do another things as well.....again, good for them....it doesn't affect me and I don't think nor care about it......but FRUCKING FUNDIES SPEND MORE TIME THINKING AND DISCUSSING WHAT THEY BELIEVE 2 GAY MEN DO probably more than Gay men do.......if it is that interesting to you, then go watch it and it over it!!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2360 Feb 1, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying about the Word of God is "making sense"? What is Satan doing to you people?
John 8:44- Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
"John" is a gentile pseudepigraphic tract that begins with plagiarism of the thought of Philo of Alexandria.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#2361 Feb 1, 2013
Jeff wrote:
We also know there are many ex-homosexuals. People can change their sexual orientations.
No there aren't. Do you think any of these self-claimed ex-gay men would volunteer to take "the test?"

What was that? You didn't know there was a test? How about that! We don't have to rely only on what men claim. We can test them. How about you volunteer?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#2362 Feb 1, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Children are deeply influenced in their sexuality by their parents.
No they aren't. If that were true, why do I have three straight siblings?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#2363 Feb 1, 2013
Norcal Native,
You do not get to decide what the Word of God is or is not.
And guess what NEITHER DO YOU.......the other folks you mention aren't even in the same realm or grace of Jesus.......and therefore you are nothing more that fake Christians passing mortal judgment on others simply because you feel you have more superiority because of some claim......YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A MORTAL PERSON who believes in a mythical book full of supernatural stories about talking snakes, burning/talking bush and some drunken man who claimed God spoke to him about building an ark and filling it with all the animals of the world at the time.....no explanation on how to feed them, store them and clean up their shiet......so, believe as you need to.......hopefully, one day it will work out the way you believe!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#2365 Feb 1, 2013
Granspasmurf952,
Wrong God did not make hermaphrodite it happened because of the sin nature inside of each of us. Just like someone is born with down syndrome because of a missing chromosome. The fall of Adam and Eve is what made all these diseases and things like down syndrome and hermaphrodite. To many have been homosexual and left the homosexual life to be with the opposite sex and are still married today. That is how we know it is a choice and not something you are born with.
Let me make myself very clear I could care less what science says concerning homosexuality or anything else because it is God that has the final say not man. Science is not God. I will always believe homosexual is a sexual sin because the Bible clearly says it is.
We are not all one. Those who are not Christians are on Satan's team and unless they come to Christ they will die and go to hell.
<quoted text>
So saith our Lord Born_Again_Christian!!!!
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2368 Feb 1, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text> No there aren't. Do you think any of these self-claimed ex-gay men would volunteer to take "the test?"
What was that? You didn't know there was a test? How about that! We don't have to rely only on what men claim. We can test them. How about you volunteer?
What test are you referring to?

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2369 Feb 1, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Everyone has a choice about this. We are not animals.
Please detail the process by which you chose to be straight.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2370 Feb 1, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Did Hebrew change in 2,000 yrs? You are a dolt.
yes.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2372 Feb 1, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
We all have a choice to follow our inclinations. I have and so have many resisted various things in life that they have felt "natural". Its only animals that don't.
We also know there are many ex-homosexuals. People can change their sexual orientations.
So you're choosing not to deal in reality. Got it.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2373 Feb 1, 2013
LowellGuy,
Really?
According to the Bible homosexuality is an abomination and God abhors it. That is according to the Hebrew Interlinear Bible which also displays the English version. You telling me the Hebrew Interlinear Bible written in Hebrew is wrong? I do not think so. You are the ignorant one.
<quoted text>
None of which is the original bible, none of which is the 100% inerrant Word of God.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2374 Feb 1, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>No they aren't. If that were true, why do I have three straight siblings?
they choose to be.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2375 Feb 1, 2013
Tony,
Look up the word abomination and all the consequences that go along with your homosexual lifestyle that God abhors. Plagues are brought on groups because of their sexual sins. Bad part of that is the innocent also get affected by these plagues. That is why we have STD'S and AIDS. These are sexual STD'S caused by going outside of the boundaries God made for sex. God says sex is for marriage between a man and a woman and if you are going to play with fire you will get burned.
<quoted text>

And yet, God brought my husband and I together, and neither of us have any diseases.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2376 Feb 1, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're choosing not to deal in reality. Got it.
And You are choosing to live contrary to your nature. Got it.

Location hidden

#2377 Feb 1, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Bible is the preserved, inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God!(Psalm 12:6-7, Proverbs 30:5-6, 2 Timothy 3:16, Matthew 24:35)
You won't be mocking God on judgment day. You WILL bow before Jesus, You WILL confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of the Father.(Philippians 2:10-11)
If you die without being washed in the BLOOD of Christ Jesus, you will be sent to an eternal Hell for your sins........and in 10,000 years you'll still be there......and in a 100,000 years you'll still be there......and in a million years you'll still be begging for a drip of water to cool your tongue.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
First, neither "Psalms" nor "Proverbs" are prophetic (divine utterences)

Timothy is a disputed work.

The Matthew passage does not refer to the anthology that would not begin to be compiled for decades, and disputed and edited for centuries more.

Biblicism, Inerrency and Sola Scriptura are self-refuting tautologies, and heresy.

That "blood" washing reference is a gentile error. The soteriology of a redemptive lamb sacrifice is a gentile confusion of Jewish symbols they did not understand.

Matthew, based upon Mark (Gospel of Peter) and The Gospel of the Hebrews, is a polemic against the corruptions of teh conjtemporary Pharisee Synagogue cult. John is a gentile work that is a polemic against Sadducee Temple cult, that thoroughly jumbles and misapplies the sacrificial practices of the temple to redefine Yeshua. It continued Saul's shift focus away from the message of Yeshua onto his person, and helps to lay the conceptual groundwork for the Alexandrian and Cappadocian heresies, and the Nicene heresies that inevitably followed.

Very bad fruit, indeed.

John does have some very beautiful passages. Poetry. It also includes a couple of stories that are very adroit usages of temple practice to develop teachings that ARE very much a part of Yeshua's message. The Samaritan woman at the well, for example. Very consonant with Yeshua's teaching, even if not duplicated in any other source.

Anything of the Sauline literature is problematic, even when not clearly pseudepigraphic, because Saul was a blatant plagiarist of Plato and the Stoics and, again, Philo of Alexandria.)If you want to make a case that Plato, the Stoics and Philo were prophets of the the Most High, I'm willing to read it, but I don't think you can) He was NOT a prophet. None of his prediction took place in the time frame he presented. At the very least, this would mean that SOMETIMES he was issuing Divine utterences and sometimes not; but which times? This hardly makes a case for coherency. There are other problems, too. The Sauline anthology almost never quotes Yeshua. Saul is censured by the Jerusalem Community, and the "concession" that he supposedly won from them regarding observances required of gentiles was nothin more nor less than those already established by JEWISH tradition: the Noachian Laws. James, Peter and John the Presbyter ALL refute one of Saul's primary thesis. Saul was a plagiarist, a self-aggrandizer, an exaggerator, a heretic and apostate.

Anyway, this is all very tedious.

Your education has been in a school of traditional heresies that go back almost 2000, commencing not long after the murder of James, the brother of Yeshua, and head of the Jerusalem community.

Location hidden

#2378 Feb 1, 2013

Somewhere in Ireland

#2379 Feb 1, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>yes.
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Did Hebrew change in 2,000 yrs? You are a dolt.

You replied, "Yes." At least you admit you are a dolt, probably the first thing you have said that has a ring of truth!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 2 min Wondering 584
The Erasure of 'Gay' From Black History & the B... 6 min Mervin 74
O Happy Day 9 min Mervin 6
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 9 min Frankie Rizzo 3,048
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 13 min SobieskiSavedEurope 1,958
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 29 min Frankie Rizzo 1,408
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 40 min Jonah1 50,597
Christian Pastors Given Choice: Perform Same-Se... 50 min Erwingoodwin 98
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,748
Gay kiss couple 'thrown off bus' 5 hr Lickalotta Lulu 27

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE