Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 102)

Showing posts 2,021 - 2,040 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
A person who is left handed can be taught to be right-handed. A person can discipline themselves to change.
Such efforts were shown to result in damage to the person. That's why the practice of forcing children to switch from left to right handed writing was stopped.

btw: Why do all male mammals have nipples?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Nettiebelle,
Prove the Holy Spirit is not guiding me. He guides every true born again Christian. I thought you were Christian does not the Holy Spirit teach you? Oh, I forgot you are catholic you are taught by the pope and priest which are men.
<quoted text>
Prove this isn't just a figment of your imagination. People talk themselves into all kinds of strange things.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
A person who is left handed can be taught to be right-handed. A person can discipline themselves to change.
BS. Left handed people have more right side of the brain development. There is no reason to change, nor is there any reason to change one's innate sexual orientation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Nettiebelle,
I will believe God over you. Heterosexuality is the only norm. Sex between a man and a woman. Homosexuality is not normal. If God wanted homosexuality why did he make a male and female first and not just 2 males? Right there shows you that without heterosexuality we would all not be here. God does not make abomination man does and man has made homosexuality and needs to repent from it.
<quoted text>
Man has made this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_...
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Such efforts were shown to result in damage to the person. That's why the practice of forcing children to switch from left to right handed writing was stopped.
When a person gets older than can make changes. If a left handed person practices enough they can learn to write comfortably with their right hand. When I used to play baseball I could hit left handed though i was right handed. People are quite capable of going against their natural inclinations. This is what is necessary for a civilized civilization.
We do force our children to go against their natural inclinations all the time. If we didn't they would turn out to be animals.
OKAY

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is some more things to think about:
http://catholiclane.com/gay-marriage-coming-a...
Get your head out of the sand.
sad.
OKAY

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>like a normal stupid oklahomoian... sweetie people laugh at rednecks like you
Sweetie, you shouldn't refer to you homies like that

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
It should make no difference since we know that marriage has always been between a man and a woman. Only a man and a woman can procreate naturally and we know that children do best with their biological parents for the most part.
One's orientation, likes or dislikes should have no bearing on who should be allowed to get married. All we need is a man and a woman.
Do you remember the Commutative Property? It's a logic statement.\

Marriage is not necessary to reproduction and reproduction is not necessary to marriage.
OKAY

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. We can't force churches to marry divorced straight people. We can't force them to marry people outside their faith. We can't force them to marry people they deem inappropriate via pre-marriage counseling.
So how are we going to force them to marry gay people?
Duh.
Because divorced straight couples won't push the issue. Read Jeff's earlier post with a link. That's what you do who don't get their way. Just can't leave it alone.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand what this word meant over 2000 years ago?
Did Hebrew change in 2,000 yrs? You are a dolt.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Check this site out and tell me truthfully there are no problems: http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/2012...
OK. There are a couple of things you need to know about the CDCP's STD statistics.

First, the CDCP gets almost all of it's stats from a select number of inner-city free clinics around the Nation.

Second, the CDCP then forms an extrapolated projection based upon an unproven multiplier.

We know FAR more about HIV than you do.
OKAY

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Canada sounds better every day...
Please go.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a great father. I commend you for that. Would you encourage him when he gets older to experiment in homosexuality? Would you take him to a gay pride parade? Would you expose him to homosexual literature?
"Experiment"?

You are confusing behavior with orientation.

There is nothing wrong with taking a kid to a PRIDE parade. They are pretty much the same as Mardi Gras, or Carnival in Rio.(I wish ours could be THAT splashy!) There are a few freaks, but that is just an opportunity for a conversation with the child.

What do you imagine "homosexual literature" to be?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Jeff wrote:
All men are heterosexual because that is what their plumbing is for.
Well, sorry hon. You're not going to get anyone with a lick of education to agree with THAT stupid statement. Gay men exist in the real world, across all cultures and across time. Refusing to accept reality is indicative of mental problems.

And another thing: "plumbing" doesn't determine sexual orientation.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that there is a tribe of humans where the men actually do lactate? The surrounding terrain is so impoverished that both parents need to forage in order for the family to survive. While one parent is out foraging, the other parent is nurturing and nursing the young.

I won't reveal the location of the village lest some of the overly zealous bible literalists here take up a collection amongst themselves to fund a crusade, and than go burn the village and it's occupants to the ground in defense of their god.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Norcal Native,
The Holy Spirit says so that is why. All you need is the Holy Spirit not some Bible College.
<quoted text>
What is the Holy Spirit?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Norcal Native,
How can it be lowering itself when the actual Hebrew writing is in the Bible? I believe all Bibles are okay because God sees the intent of them. A lot of them are made to be understood better, but that does not take away their true meaning. Every Bible has the same verses and they mean the same except some of them are more modern day and there is nothing wrong with that if it helps the person understand it. There all 100 percent infallible word of God. Sure it can be why not? You do not get to decide what is infallible with God's word.
<quoted text>
Actually NONE of them are the word of God.....that's just what you want to believe, and it's your right to do so, but don't try and tell EVERY OTHER person that you are right and they are wrong.......I mean that's what you, Laci, The Preacherman, Roman Roads and a half dozen other posters claim.....YOU'RE WAY IS THE RIGHT WAY, and it's only right for you!!!

Frankly, NONE of you act Christ-like AND NONE of you truly know that what you believe is God's words at all.......but you don't have the ability to think for yourself or question why there are other books and Gospels that could be the TRUE MESSAGE OF GOD.....and that's why you are the way you are!!!

Every day people try and show you other things, but you stick to your beliefs as if they matter to anyone else but yourself and they don't......God has changed His philosophy many times in the bible regarding different things like murder, rape, incest, slavery and so forth......only ignorant folks try to apply thousand year scriptures from different times and cultures to modern day America......and ya simply can't!!!

Now, go beat your head on some wall......because frankly, that's all ya know how to do!!!
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle,
How do you know someone else cannot be an expert on a particular book in the Bible? Do you think Rabbi's are the only one who study? Rabbi's do not have the Holy Spirit to guide them since they are not Christian so again show me in the Bible where God made male and male and told them to come together. This is the third time you avoided my question. Oh, and many people have a Hebrew Interlinear Bible which gives the full Hebrew meaning of words in the Hebrew. You may want to try and get one because it would help you not to be so ignorant.
<quoted text>
Are you really as naive as you sound or are you just pulling our collective chains?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Norcal Native,
How can it be lowering itself when the actual Hebrew writing is in the Bible? I believe all Bibles are okay because God sees the intent of them. A lot of them are made to be understood better, but that does not take away their true meaning. Every Bible has the same verses and they mean the same except some of them are more modern day and there is nothing wrong with that if it helps the person understand it. There all 100 percent infallible word of God. Sure it can be why not? You do not get to decide what is infallible with God's word.
<quoted text>
Really? You believe the sun stopped in the sky for about a day? Really?

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a hypocrite. You would never encourage your son to be a homosexual and do everything in your power to discourage it because you know full well the consequences of it.
I see your still trying to push your TALIBANNGELICAL SHARIA LAW... Good luck turbin boy, well burn your churches down... They make for nice campfires to roast smores over

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,021 - 2,040 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••