Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#2276 Feb 1, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Tony,
Only ones thinking he got a boner are the homosexuals most who read the definition of exceeding can see by the verses it means something else and has no sexual content at all. Homosexuals are known to twist the scriptures to justify their sick lifestyle of homosexuality.
<quoted text>
Nope. You are wrong. Read the original Hebrew... it means exactly what it says...

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#2277 Feb 1, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>You need to go to the center for disease control site that I referred to above. That is where you will see the high percentage of diseases that gay men have.
Again, that info demonstrates the need for encouraging committed relationships through marriage, not discouraging them.

Most gay men are not infected, and gay women are the lowest risk group.

Promiscuity and high risk sex with multiple partners is what spreads disease, not sexual orientation or specific acts.

It fails to provide any rational legitimate governmental interest to support discrimination. It encourages equal treatment under the law.
Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#2278 Feb 1, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Everyone has a choice about this. We are not animals.
Well maybe YOU are a plant, but the rest of us are animals.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#2279 Feb 1, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You fking Fa$$ots are so fked up, you think you're normal. Stupid shiteaters.
Jeff's the one who says it's not the norm for people to marry and not reproduce. If it's not the norm, it shouldn't be allowed, right? Homosexuality isn't the norm, don't allow homosexual couples to marry. Being 90 years old and infertile isn't the norm, don't allow infertile 90 year olds to marry. Men without testicles aren't the norm, don't allow men without testicles to marry. I'm just making sure Jeff is being consistent with the application of his standards. He seems to want to make a bunch of special cases, but without justifying them. I want him to justify them. That isn't so bad, is it?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#2280 Feb 1, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
So...by that logic...God did not design infertile women?
Where do they come from?
The devil. Haven't you ever taken biology? Sheesh.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#2281 Feb 1, 2013
Nettiebelle,
I will believe God over you. Heterosexuality is the only norm. Sex between a man and a woman. Homosexuality is not normal. If God wanted homosexuality why did he make a male and female first and not just 2 males? Right there shows you that without heterosexuality we would all not be here. God does not make abomination man does and man has made homosexuality and needs to repent from it.
<quoted text>
Abomination: homosexuality
Not abomination: murder
Abomination: eating shrimp
Not abomination: rape

Think about that for a moment. What you think "abomination" means isn't what the Bible means by the word. Your ignorance isn't helping your case any.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#2282 Feb 1, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Everyone has a choice about this. We are not animals.
When did you choose to be sexually attracted to the opposite sex?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2283 Feb 1, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>All of them. Besides, I don't need no stinking dictionary, I can read Hebrew.
Do you understand what this word meant over 2000 years ago?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#2284 Feb 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to justify hating all Christians, go for it. You wrong for doing so, but go for it. I'm a Christian who is in support of your rights. I'm a Christian actively trying to change the views of others who want to use Christianity to take away your rights. How does it help your cause to try to alienate me? If you don't want my help because you can't get past my love for faith, just say so. I'll be glad to move on.
Oh, I get it. If YOU use the minority to judge the majority, that's ok, because it's about someone else. But, if someone uses the minority to judge the minority and it's YOUR majority, then it's bad. What is hypocrisy?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2285 Feb 1, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeff's the one who says it's not the norm for people to marry and not reproduce. If it's not the norm, it shouldn't be allowed, right? Homosexuality isn't the norm, don't allow homosexual couples to marry. Being 90 years old and infertile isn't the norm, don't allow infertile 90 year olds to marry. Men without testicles aren't the norm, don't allow men without testicles to marry. I'm just making sure Jeff is being consistent with the application of his standards. He seems to want to make a bunch of special cases, but without justifying them. I want him to justify them. That isn't so bad, is it?
I have been consistent. Lets see if you are. Would you raise your son to be homosexual?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2286 Feb 1, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
When did you choose to be sexually attracted to the opposite sex?
We all have a choice to follow our inclinations. I have and so have many resisted various things in life that they have felt "natural". Its only animals that don't.

We also know there are many ex-homosexuals. People can change their sexual orientations.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#2287 Feb 1, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. The parents are probably the greatest influence on the sexual orientation of their children.
Now please answer the question: would you deliberately raise your son to be homosexual? Would you have him read homosexual literature? Would you take him to gay pride parades and show him how good it is to be homosexual?
Wrong. If the children are raised by the same people and experience the same experiences, then how they're raised has been eliminated as a possible cause. Do you understand what variables are? Isn't it problematic for you to either pretend to be this stupid or actually be this stupid to find a way to support your religiously-driven ideas about homosexuality?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2290 Feb 1, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. If the children are raised by the same people and experience the same experiences, then how they're raised has been eliminated as a possible cause. Do you understand what variables are? Isn't it problematic for you to either pretend to be this stupid or actually be this stupid to find a way to support your religiously-driven ideas about homosexuality?
Wrong. Children are deeply influenced in their sexuality by their parents. This is an opportunity for you to get beyond your stupid-think.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#2293 Feb 1, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been consistent. Lets see if you are. Would you raise your son to be homosexual?
Would you raise your son to be left-handed?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#2294 Feb 1, 2013
Tony,
Look up the word abomination and all the consequences that go along with your homosexual lifestyle that God abhors. Plagues are brought on groups because of their sexual sins. Bad part of that is the innocent also get affected by these plagues. That is why we have STD'S and AIDS. These are sexual STD'S caused by going outside of the boundaries God made for sex. God says sex is for marriage between a man and a woman and if you are going to play with fire you will get burned.
<quoted text>
Again:

Abomination: homosexuality
Not abomination: murder
Abomination: eating shrimp
Not abomination: rape

What we mean today by "abomination" is not what the Bible means by it.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#2295 Feb 1, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
We all have a choice to follow our inclinations. I have and so have many resisted various things in life that they have felt "natural". Its only animals that don't.
We also know there are many ex-homosexuals. People can change their sexual orientations.
So, you admit that the sexual attraction isn't a choice, but a natural occurrence in the brain. Thank you for agreeing that you didn't choose to be heterosexual and homosexuals don't choose to be homosexual.

Remember how you were heterosexual BEFORE you ever had sex? Or, were you just some sexually ambiguous thing?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2296 Feb 1, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you raise your son to be left-handed?
That is not what asked. Would you raise your son to be homosexual? Would you take him to gay pride parades and have him read pro homosexual literature? Would you encourage him get a boyfriend?
Don't be a hypocrite.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2299 Feb 1, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you admit that the sexual attraction isn't a choice, but a natural occurrence in the brain. Thank you for agreeing that you didn't choose to be heterosexual and homosexuals don't choose to be homosexual.
Remember how you were heterosexual BEFORE you ever had sex? Or, were you just some sexually ambiguous thing?
A person does not have to follow his inclinations. What do you think discipline is all about? Only animals follow their inclinations.
All men are heterosexual because that is what their plumbing is for.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2300 Feb 1, 2013
Nettiebelle,
Rabbi's are not God. God says homosexuality is an abomination and forbidden. You can post all the websites you want, but two men having sex is not natural and never will be. God made male and female. You avoided my question earlier. Please tell me why God never said homosexuality is acceptable? Also, tell me why God made male and female? Two different sexual organs that comply with one another. Male and Male nor Female and Female comply sexually as God intended. God did not say let us make man and man in our image. He said let us make male and female.
Present day science does not rule over what God said about homosexuality. You can lie to those in here, but one day you will answer for lying to them.
<quoted text>
My goodness, the valid words of those Rabbis is very important, since they are the experts on that particular book, not you.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#2302 Feb 1, 2013
Oh, and many people have a Hebrew Interlinear Bible which gives the full Hebrew meaning of words in the Hebrew.
Interesting that there is another bible out there.....does that make it the"ONE TRUE" bible? or just another BASTARDIZED version?

You do know that NOT every word from one language translates into a word in another, right?

Did you download this bible from the internet? or have it in hard copy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 22 states ban housing discrimination against ga... 9 min RalphB 8
News Virginia hardware store fires employee accused ... 22 min Xstain Mullah Fri... 24
News As a gay teen, Evan Low thought about changing ... 32 min Rueben 1
News Kim Davis challenger: Man whose marriage licens... 2 hr Wisdom 32
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Rose_NoHo 61,742
News Bus driver tells students "faggots will burn in... (Sep '17) 3 hr sandy 11
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 5 hr Mulberry Muffin 28,129
News Lyft driver in Indianapolis orders gay couple o... Sat Munchkin 48