DOMA On The Mat- 80% Chance Of Being ...

DOMA On The Mat- 80% Chance Of Being Struck Down

There are 46 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Mar 27, 2013, titled DOMA On The Mat- 80% Chance Of Being Struck Down . In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

In the wake of oral arguments, the Defense of Marriage Act or DOMA appears to be pretty much doomed with at least five votes to strike the law from the land

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#43 Mar 28, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what ya mean......lol!!!
I see Roberts basically doing the right thing!!!
Why do you expect him to do the right thing ?! He hasn't in the past (i.e. ObamaIDontCare).

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#44 Mar 28, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I would judge Roberts quite yet......I think he might be a bit of a surprise......I guess we will have to see!!!
Oh I think he may end up joining the majority opinion to overturn DOMA, just not for the right reasons.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#45 Mar 28, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you expect him to do the right thing ?! He hasn't in the past (i.e. ObamaIDontCare).
Actually, just because you don't agree with the health care that President Obama set up.......doesn't mean Chief Justice Roberts did the wrong thing and I don't believe he will now!!!

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#46 Mar 28, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, just because you don't agree with the health care that President Obama set up.......doesn't mean Chief Justice Roberts did the wrong thing and I don't believe he will now!!!
I have lost all faith in him and he has NO credibilty as far as I'm concerned. He's a HUGE disappointment as CJOUS.

IMPEACH THIS BUM !

NEXT !

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#47 Mar 29, 2013
I keep hearing that Roberts is uber-concerned over his legacy and looking good and being on the right side of history, but I sure didn't hear any evidence of that in the oral arguments this week. Some of this questions were little better than, "What's the problem? Isn't everything just perfect right now just like it is?? Why do gay people think they have problems??"

I understand asking stupid questions to get at uncomfortable answers, but his stupid questions were just stupid. Questioning whether or not a $363,000 tax bill to an 83-year-old widow is appropriate because her spouse didn't have a penis pretty much defines stupid.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#48 Mar 29, 2013
eJohn wrote:
I keep hearing that Roberts is uber-concerned over his legacy and looking good and being on the right side of history, but I sure didn't hear any evidence of that in the oral arguments this week. Some of this questions were little better than, "What's the problem? Isn't everything just perfect right now just like it is?? Why do gay people think they have problems??"
I understand asking stupid questions to get at uncomfortable answers, but his stupid questions were just stupid. Questioning whether or not a $363,000 tax bill to an 83-year-old widow is appropriate because her spouse didn't have a penis pretty much defines stupid.
Remember that the justices often play devil's advocate during oral arguments. But I'm sure some of his questions must have made his lesbian cousin in the audience cringe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sonday Evening Freaky Jade Tread 11 min Karl 2
Little Robbie's Romper Room 56 min Huey 2
News L.G.B.T. Asian-Americans share stories to educa... 5 hr Fa-Foxy 1
News Boy Scouts faring well a year after easing ban ... 5 hr Fa-Foxy 11
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 38,407
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 6 hr Fa-Foxy 86
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 7 hr Frankie Rizzo 14,616
More from around the web