Jason Collins Opens Up About Coming O...

Jason Collins Opens Up About Coming Out While The AFA Panics

There are 10 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Apr 30, 2013, titled Jason Collins Opens Up About Coming Out While The AFA Panics. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Jason Collins opened up to George Stephanopolis about coming out of the closet as the AFA's Bryan Fischer panicked over gays in lockerrooms.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1 Apr 30, 2013
There have always been gays in the locker rooms. There are gays everywhere. Bryan Fisher is quite the sensitive little phobe, isn't he?
Newman

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Apr 30, 2013
If I was in the NBA I'd be panicking too. I'd be getting an AIDS test first off. And I'd feel mighty weird knowing that Collins had been checking out my junk in the shower all these years.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#3 Apr 30, 2013
Then you're a coward with far too high an opinion of your little nubbins.
Newman wrote:
If I was in the NBA I'd be panicking too. I'd be getting an AIDS test first off. And I'd feel mighty weird knowing that Collins had been checking out my junk in the shower all these years.

Sei

Since: Nov 08

Rutland, VT

#4 Apr 30, 2013
Newman wrote:
What is it they say...if you want to know the true measure of a man's manhood, just ask a gay man, he probably knows better than any straight guy out there?

Guess you're just afraid you wouldn't stand up to the competition.

“Married 6/17/08”

Since: Feb 07

Porterville, CA

#5 Apr 30, 2013
Newman wrote:
Deleted as "Troll Trash"
What makes you think you're worth his interest?
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Levittown, PA

#6 Apr 30, 2013
Newman wrote:
Your comments only make sense in the case of a person who has engaged in unprotected sex and thinks all the time about how men view his body, all the while denying all of it.

J. Edgar Syndrome is the clinical term.
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Levittown, PA

#7 Apr 30, 2013
I have to admit the homophobes may have one point that is valid: He is at the end of his career due to age and due to journeyman status and due to his free agent status, and this coming out may provide him with something useful to do in terms of a vocation after his retirement. Perhaps even a lucrative Nike endorsement deal, for example.

He went to Stanford University and appears to be well spoken, so he has probably considered his actions carefully.

In addition to obviously being pro glbt rights and gutsy, of course.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#8 Apr 30, 2013
“They’d say,‘No way. I don’t want that. I do not want some guy, a teammate, eyeballing me in the shower and my wife does not want that.’”

This is one of my MOST favorite anti-gay whines!! It's so 4th grade! "Wahh!!! I don't want anyone LOOKING AT ME!! EAUWW!! GROSS!!!"

Have you ever noticed that, most of the time, the guys that get all squeamish and panicky about gay guys looking at them have N-O-T-H-I-N-G to worry about in that regard???

And the hottest straight guys are always the ones that couldn't care less who looks at them or how and just take it all as complimentary??

I used to work with a super hot, really nice straight guy that I actually got butterflies in my stomach when I was around. He finally worked out what was going on and he was so sweet about it. when I finally admitted my crush, he gave me an awesome bear hug and said, "I promise, if anything ever happens between my wife and I, you're first on the list, okay??" Great guy.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#9 Apr 30, 2013
Newman wrote:
....And I'd feel mighty weird knowing that Collins had been checking out my junk in the shower all these years.
Trust me, he wouldn't have been.

And I'm sure if anyone were to ask him, he'd have said, "Newman who? You mean that was a guy??? I thought they were letting women in the men's shower!"
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#10 Apr 30, 2013
Newman wrote:
Your little teapot is not the main attraction; sugar
Your mind is what we'd be attracted to (if you have one)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News US court considers potentially landmark LGBT ho... 12 min DebraE 19
Do Gay Men Fall in Love With Women (Nov '07) 15 min Jadene 3,340
Satturday Night 26 min Jadene 1
News These LGBTQ students reveal what their first ga... 36 min Shirvell s Shrivel 1
News New York To Investigate Reports of Gay Men Deni... 38 min Shirvell s Shrivel 11
News Arkansas to pay attorney for same-sex couples i... 40 min Shirvell s Shrivel 8
News Magistrate who said gay couples aren't as good ... 44 min Shirvell s Shrivel 61
News Gay Cakes Are Not a Constitutional Right 19 hr Jeb 2020 1,220
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 23 hr Skelly 27,397
More from around the web