Bill to ban children from receiving v...

Bill to ban children from receiving vital therapy to help deal with homosexual issues or abuse.

There are 58 comments on the Free Republic story from Jul 15, 2013, titled Bill to ban children from receiving vital therapy to help deal with homosexual issues or abuse.. In it, Free Republic reports that:

Public hearing in Massachusetts this Tuesday, July 16 In Massachusetts, it was filed this year as H154 by "out" homosexual State Rep. Carl Sciortino .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#1 Jul 16, 2013
Would you expect anything else from an openly gay rep?
https://malegislature.gov/Bills/188/House/H15...

"Under no circumstances shall a licensed professional advertise for or engage in sexual orientation and gender identity change efforts with a patient less than 18 years of age. Any licensed professional violating this prohibition shall be such subject to discipline by the board, which may include suspension or revocation of license."

The gay guy, not the parents, will make decisions for your children. Keep electing them.
Harold

Anonymous Proxy

#2 Jul 16, 2013
The entire Massachusetts public school system is run by homosexuals that aggressively promote the gay lifestyle to children.

http://www.massresistance.org
Omar

Anonymous Proxy

#3 Jul 16, 2013
Harold wrote:
The entire Massachusetts public school system is run by homosexuals that aggressively promote the gay lifestyle to children.
http://www.massresistance.org
Great link! Very, very informative! Thanks so much for sharing!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4 Jul 16, 2013
Wondering wrote:
(see above)
Sweetie, you are on here advocating that parents be allowed to subject their children to psychological therapies which have not yet been studied for their safety and efficacy in children who undergo it. Their safety and efficacy has been studied with adults and determined to be ineffective and doing more harm than good in most patients and yet you imagine that it should be a parent's right to do this to their own kids. This is one of those times when children need to be protected from their parents. Pietro, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#5 Jul 17, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, you are on here advocating that parents be allowed to subject their children to psychological therapies which have not yet been studied for their safety and efficacy in children who undergo it.
Wow, gay and stupid. I'm 'advocating' for parental rights. I'm 'advocating' for gays and gay politicians to stay out of our family business. IOW, mind your own business.

this one

#6 Jul 17, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Wow, gay and stupid. I'm 'advocating' for parental rights. I'm 'advocating' for gays and gay politicians to stay out of our family business. IOW, mind your own business.
You're advocating for the "parental right" to subject children to psychological therapies for which there have been no studies to examine the efficacy and safety of on them. You are advocating for the "parental right" to subject children to therapies that have been proved to be ineffective and harmful to adults. You are advocating for a "parental right" that the state has a very clear interest in protecting children from. If you see people wanting to exercise their "parental rights" over their children by subjecting them, likely against their will, to unproved therapies known to be harmful to adults who voluntarily submit to them, there not only is there a right to intervene, it's an obligation of the state to do so. F*ck "mind your own business", they need to be stopped and useless useful idiots like you, publicly shamed for being cheerleaders for child abuse.
Willis

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Jul 17, 2013
If my boys ever show any signs of wanting to be rump rangers you can best believe I'll slap them in therapy immediately!

this one

#8 Jul 17, 2013
Willis wrote:
(nothing worth repeating)
That's whatever of you dear, but if you ever do provide sperm that somehow makes a baby, you should be arrested for child abuse. Just keep treating your future offspring as the medical waste they are and they seriously could be, if they were to ever find a mark other than the handful of Kleenex where they should be ending up and disposed of properly.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#9 Jul 17, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>You're advocating for the "parental right" to subject children to psychological therapies for which there have been no studies to examine the efficacy and safety of on them. You are advocating for the "parental right" to subject children to therapies that have been proved to be ineffective and harmful to adults. You are advocating for a "parental right" that the state has a very clear interest in protecting children from. If you see people wanting to exercise their "parental rights" over their children by subjecting them, likely against their will, to unproved therapies known to be harmful to adults who voluntarily submit to them, there not only is there a right to intervene, it's an obligation of the state to do so. F*ck "mind your own business", they need to be stopped and useless useful idiots like you, publicly shamed for being cheerleaders for child abuse.
We don't need a gay politician telling us how to raise our kids.
Bringing a child to a professional for an abnormality is not child abuse. Whatever the parents decide, it's none of your f*n business.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#10 Jul 17, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>That's whatever of you dear, but if you ever do provide sperm that somehow makes a baby,
It's comforting to know we don't have to worry about you and your partner ever reproducing.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#11 Jul 17, 2013
And that would be the worst thing you could do! The "Gay Ghettoes" of every city are populated with abandoned, runaway kids, who couldn't take that kind of "Therapy" any longer. They are preyed on with drugs and made into Male homosexual prostitutes with a short life span. Once in it, they can't get out. All because their parents can't accept who they are. If your child is Gay, you can't prey it away and you damnsure aren't going to beat it out of him.
Regards, Terri
Willis wrote:
If my boys ever show any signs of wanting to be rump rangers you can best believe I'll slap them in therapy immediately!

this one

#13 Jul 17, 2013
Wondering wrote:
We don't need a gay politician telling us how to raise our kids.
Bringing a child to a professional for an abnormality is not child abuse. Whatever the parents decide, it's none of your f*n business.
If you want to subject your children to unproven therapies that are known to be harmful, you need someone to tell you how to raise your kids, you've proved yourself to be abusive.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#14 Jul 17, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Would you expect anything else from an openly gay rep?
https://malegislature.gov/Bills/188/House/H15...
"Under no circumstances shall a licensed professional advertise for or engage in sexual orientation and gender identity change efforts with a patient less than 18 years of age. Any licensed professional violating this prohibition shall be such subject to discipline by the board, which may include suspension or revocation of license."
The gay guy, not the parents, will make decisions for your children. Keep electing them.
Parent's don't get to choose the orientation of their child. God does that, and it can't be changed.

So why in the world would we allow any child to be subject to a discredited bit of snake oil that can only harm them?

No one is arguing that real therapy is banned, only cruel attempts to "pray the gay away" under the guise of "medicine".

And it's about time.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#15 Jul 17, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It's comforting to know we don't have to worry about you and your partner ever reproducing.
They are sterile? How do you know? Their genes could be passed on, and their children could marry YOUR grand kids!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#16 Jul 18, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Parent's don't get to choose the orientation of their child. God does that, and it can't be changed.
So why in the world would we allow any child to be subject to a discredited bit of snake oil that can only harm them?
No one is arguing that real therapy is banned, only cruel attempts to "pray the gay away" under the guise of "medicine".
And it's about time.
Your spin is as expected as snow is in the winter. What part of mind your own business do you not understand?

Every straight person on the planet knows that homosexuality is abnormal. Why allow any of you to attempt to control our families for any reason or in any way?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#17 Jul 18, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
They are sterile? How do you know?
Yes, the are sterile by choice of their sexual partner. You are incapable of learning, aren't you? Real slow now, two men can't produce children. Two women can't produce children. Nature doesn't work that way. Storks really don't deliver babies to people.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#18 Jul 18, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to subject your children to unproven therapies
My children are normal adults. There are people that claim to be formally gay, there are studies that show the therapy works for some people. If I had a kid I thought was leaning toward abnormal he/she would get every opportunity to be normal. No parent would choose to give birth to a gay child. 10 fingers, ten toes, straight.

If you are forced to wait until the child is 18 it wouldn't work. That's why gay activists like to get our kids in public schools as early as kindergarten. Get them while they're young and brainwash them into thinking gay is as normal as anything else. Why do they choose to lie to them? Why do they make such an effort to do so?

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#19 Jul 18, 2013
Anyone who took your money under those circumstances would be committing fraud. And BTW Gays aren't "He/shes" as you call them. You wouldn't even recognize the average Gay person as being Gay. The He/shes are the Transgendered. We're the ones who wear the dresses! As a lifelong committed He/She, I am not Gay! We're worse! As I said, we wear the dresses.
Regards, Terri
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
My children are normal adults. There are people that claim to be formally gay, there are studies that show the therapy works for some people. If I had a kid I thought was leaning toward abnormal he/she would get every opportunity to be normal. No parent would choose to give birth to a gay child. 10 fingers, ten toes, straight.
If you are forced to wait until the child is 18 it wouldn't work. That's why gay activists like to get our kids in public schools as early as kindergarten. Get them while they're young and brainwash them into thinking gay is as normal as anything else. Why do they choose to lie to them? Why do they make such an effort to do so?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#20 Jul 18, 2013
TerryE wrote:
Anyone who took your money under those circumstances would be committing fraud. And BTW Gays aren't "He/shes" as you call them. You wouldn't even recognize the average Gay person as being Gay. The He/shes are the Transgendered. We're the ones who wear the dresses! As a lifelong committed He/She, I am not Gay! We're worse! As I said, we wear the dresses.
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
Terry, I have never referred to gays as "He/shes". You are a liar.
You are also a he/she.

I don't know how to tell if someone like you is gay or not. I have seen interviews with transgendered people on shows like Oprah and others. If a man who believes he is a woman is attracted to men to me that person is gay, to you they're not. This isn't about you or transgendered or anyone other that an abnormal state rep that wants to control other families. If you live in this state and want someone telling you how to raise your kids then keep voting for gays. As for you, you're a liar and I think you should go f yourself.

this one

#21 Jul 18, 2013
Wondering wrote:
My children are normal adults.
That would be remarkable considering what they got shafted with as a biological donor in you.
Wondering wrote:
There are people that claim to be formally gay, there are studies that show the therapy works for some people.[/QUOTE}The word you were groping for is formerly and there are no legitimate studies which prove such therapies are effective. There are no studies, legitimate or otherwise which prove its safety or efficacy in children.[QUOTE who="Wondering"] If I had a kid I thought was leaning toward abnormal he/she would get every opportunity to be normal.
The state has an interest in preventing folk from abusing their children. Subjecting a child to untested, unproved and known to be dangerous therapies, because they don't meet your seriously f*cked up idea of what is normal, that is the kind of child abuse that the state has an interest in preventing you from carrying out.
Wondering wrote:
No parent would choose to give birth to a gay child. 10 fingers, ten toes, straight.
The ONLY way your children had a chance of turning out normal was to ignore dear old dad.
Wondering wrote:
If you are forced to wait until the child is 18 it wouldn't work.
There's absolutely no proof that it will work BEFORE they are 18 you f*cking moron and there is ample evidence that not only will it not work but it will be damaging to them. That is why the state has to step in to keep children from being harmed by malinformed idiots who for some stupid reason became parents.
Wondering wrote:
That's why gay activists like to get our kids in public schools as early as kindergarten.
Have you considered seeing a qualified mental health professional? Paranoia isn't a symptom of a healthy mind at work.
Wondering wrote:
Get them while they're young and brainwash them into thinking gay is as normal as anything else.
God, you are one seriously messed up example of the species.
Wondering wrote:
Why do they choose to lie to them?
The only one here lying to children would be you buttercup.
Wondering wrote:
Why do they make such an effort to do so?
You'll have to ask that of yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Elephants perform for final time at Ringling Bros. 1 min Frankie Rizzo 17
News Mississippi Governor Signs Law Allowing Busines... 2 min here 384
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 4 min Mite Be 2,526
News Obama preparing to name 1st national monument f... 11 min Imprtnrd 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 18 min here 34,565
News Georgia governor defies party politics with pai... 45 min Rainbow Kid 2
News Anti-Gay Jehovah's Witness Cartoon Tells Kids T... 1 hr Matt9969 1
More from around the web