3 states stand alone in defying Penta...

3 states stand alone in defying Pentagon order on same-sex benefits

There are 125 comments on the The Miami Herald story from Sep 10, 2013, titled 3 states stand alone in defying Pentagon order on same-sex benefits. In it, The Miami Herald reports that:

The three states that have defied a Pentagon order to allow all active-duty military personnel to apply for same-sex spousal benefits are – so far – going it alone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Miami Herald.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#138 Sep 12, 2013
eJohn wrote:
So if it's not for religious reasons, then why?
It's just the way I feel about the subject.
eJohn wrote:
Do you think you get to impose your personal preferences onto other people? Why?
None of us are able to impose their beliefs and preferences onto others, except the lawmakers. If we could, a government would be moot.
eJohn wrote:
I can't for one second imagine that I should have the right to dictate to you who you can and cannot marry. Why do you believe you have the right to do that to others?
I DO NOT have the right to dictate anything to anybody. It's not up to me. I can only say how I feel about. You can't dictate to me or anybody else, like me, you can only state how you feel about it. Those are called opinions, and we are all entitled to them.

Thank you for leaving the vitriol out of it.:)

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#139 Sep 24, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>It's just the way I feel about the subject.
<quoted text>None of us are able to impose their beliefs and preferences onto others, except the lawmakers. If we could, a government would be moot.
<quoted text>I DO NOT have the right to dictate anything to anybody. It's not up to me. I can only say how I feel about. You can't dictate to me or anybody else, like me, you can only state how you feel about it. Those are called opinions, and we are all entitled to them.
Thank you for leaving the vitriol out of it.:)
I guess my question was how can you even have the opinion that you should have a say in who someone else marries??

It's absolutely unimaginable to me that I should be able to have a say in who someone else marries, yet your opinion is that you don't believe certain people should be allowed to marry certain other people. I just can't even go there. It's none of my business who someone else marries.

How would you feel if I were to tell you that you shouldn't be allowed to marry the person of your choice?

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#140 Sep 24, 2013
ONE thing can "stand alone". Two or MORE things "stand together". Unless someone changed the definition of "alone" without informing me.

(Think of all the hundreds of thousands of people "standing alone" in Times Square on New Years Eve. How sad....:()

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#141 Sep 24, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
ONE thing can "stand alone". Two or MORE things "stand together". Unless someone changed the definition of "alone" without informing me.
(Think of all the hundreds of thousands of people "standing alone" in Times Square on New Years Eve. How sad....:()
Until a true empathic telepathy manifests itself in our species, we each remain alone inside a bone box.

Don't confuse symbol with referent, or a model with reality.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#142 Sep 24, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Until a true empathic telepathy manifests itself in our species, we each remain alone inside a bone box.
Don't confuse symbol with referent, or a model with reality.
Or Coca-Cola with BEER !:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 1 min woodtick57 1,687
News Mike Huckabee links same-sex marriage to straig... (Feb '11) 6 min Vaginal odor 36
News Ultra-Rightwing U.S. Fla. Rep. Allen West Wants... (Nov '12) 25 min Marriage trafficking 10
News The Right Fights Wedding Cake War on Overly Nar... 1 hr The Proclaimer 17
News The Latest: Kasich calls for balance on gay rig... 1 hr woodtick57 4
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 hr River Tam 10,671
News Kasich calls for balance on gay rights, religio... 4 hr david traversa 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 12 hr here 34,201
More from around the web