3 states stand alone in defying Pentagon order on same-sex benefits

Sep 10, 2013 Full story: The Miami Herald 126

The three states that have defied a Pentagon order to allow all active-duty military personnel to apply for same-sex spousal benefits are – so far – going it alone.

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Bill Of Rights

Anonymous Proxy

#1 Sep 10, 2013
Way to go Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi!

Stand strong!

Fight for morality and decency!

Fight for America!
Christina

Mesa, AZ

#2 Sep 10, 2013
Leave it to the idiot states. ALL men are created equal
Sir Andrew

Honolulu, HI

#3 Sep 10, 2013
Wow. The three states with the lowest average IQs and highest levels of HS dropouts. Excepting only West Virginia, which has been working hard to get of the basement. How surprising that they are none of them smart enough to have actually read the Constitution. They'll get theirs. To bad they're all too stupid to realize it when it finally happens.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#4 Sep 10, 2013
If those three states continue to disobey the policies from the Federal Government.....the they should lose their federal funding for their National Guard Units........either comply or ya get no funds!!!

Problem solved!!!

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#5 Sep 10, 2013
Bill Of Rights wrote:
Stand strong!
Fight for America!
Keep in mind that Mississippi only ratified the anti slavery amendment this year.

As for using Texas and decency in the same sentence, talk about an oxymoron!

Hey Bill ever hear of the Supremacy Clause of the US Constitution?

When did States Rights get added to the UCMJ?

You usually argue that people in the military give up their personal rights for the sake of the unit. Now you say different.

You don't want to follow Federal Govt rules? Fine. Leave the USA and give us back all the money the Federal Govt gave those 3 states.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#6 Sep 10, 2013
Bill Of Rights wrote:
Stand strong!
Fight for America!
Disobeying the law is what you call decency and morality?

I'll keep that in mind when a relative of yours gets raped or molested.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#7 Sep 10, 2013
NOT Bill Of Rights wrote:
Gee R1.......could ya really try posting under your own nic for once.......you know it's a violation of topix's TOS to post using the nic of a registered member!!!

By the way.....Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi might want to make sure that they won't lose their federal funding for NOT following federal policy regarding DOMA Section 3!!!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#8 Sep 11, 2013
Not a big surprise. These same states would ban inter-racial marriage and reinstitute segregation today if they could.
disgusted american

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Sep 11, 2013
Bill Of Rights wrote:
Stand strong!
Fight for America!
Just go drink a tall big cup of STFU!

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#10 Sep 11, 2013
Bill Of Rights wrote:
Stand strong!
Fight for America!
You DO realize, I'm sure, that their actions will only lead to a faster and more all-encompassing SCOTUS ruling that ALL married couples are constitutionally required to be treated equally by the government entities at all levels, right??

I LOVE it when bigots are too stupid to realize that they're ignorance is furthering the cause their fighting against. Too funny!!
Sgt Common Sense

Denver, CO

#11 Sep 11, 2013
The three most socially backward states in the union......no surprise here.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#13 Sep 11, 2013
Bill Of Rights wrote:
Stand strong!
Fight for America!
This coming from someone with the name "Bill Of Rights." LOL! Equal and fair treatment should apply to ALL human beings.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#14 Sep 11, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice insult Fagg@t. Now go Iick out another mans asshoIe.
LOL!!! Obsessed much??

Here's a thought!! Why don't you *TRY* to post something that *doesn't* involved you sharing your sexual obsession with other guys' asses?? Think you can do that?? I sure don't.
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#15 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Nice insult Fagg@t. Now go Iick out another mans asshoIe.
Funny how every time you show up, the conversation goes to man sex. Im sure there are help groups that will help get you out of the closet.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#17 Sep 11, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
If those three states continue to disobey the policies from the Federal Government.....the they should lose their federal funding for their National Guard Units........either comply or ya get no funds!!!
Problem solved!!!
Typical queer. You think the way to punish the Texas State Government is to go after those who have nothing to do with politics? National Guardsmen from those states are in Afghanistan right now, you fukcnig moron, and you want to punish them? I hope you choke on your next "hotdog" you maggot. Problem solved!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#19 Sep 11, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>Typical queer. You think the way to punish the Texas State Government is to go after those who have nothing to do with politics? National Guardsmen from those states are in Afghanistan right now, you fukcnig moron, and you want to punish them? I hope you choke on your next "hotdog" you maggot. Problem solved!
If they are activated and deployed then they are FEDERAL troops, not State. It wouldn't impact them until they return and are deactivated.

They might have something to say about the State's policies when they are.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#20 Sep 11, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>Typical queer. You think the way to punish the Texas State Government is to go after those who have nothing to do with politics? National Guardsmen from those states are in Afghanistan right now, you fukcnig moron, and you want to punish them? I hope you choke on your next "hotdog" you maggot. Problem solved!
Sorry, but being a Military Veteran.....I do support those who serve BOTH Straight, Gay and Lesbian service members........and their spouses DESERVE to be treated just like any other legal spouse of a Military SERVICE MEMBER.......but in those 3 states, THEY HAVE OPTED TO DISRESPECT THE FAMILIES OF GAY AND LESBIAN SERVICE MEMBERS......so, WHO IS REALLY THE IDIOT? My guess is the backward idiots and politicians!!!

Now FRUCK OFF!!!
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#21 Sep 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are activated and deployed then they are FEDERAL troops, not State. It wouldn't impact them until they return and are deactivated.
They might have something to say about the State's policies when they are.
Okay, as long as the benefits are canceled when they are dicharged I'm game.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#23 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Nope, not at all fagg@t. Why, you queers aren't ashamed of what you do, are you? Remember, it's you queers reality.
I knew you couldn't.

Why should we ashamed of "what (we) do"? You're the one that should be ashamed, dear, not us. You have a really sad and extreme obsession with gay sex that you don't seem to be able to get any control over.

And even *that's* not something to be ashamed of. What IS such a thing is that you won't do anything to get help for your obsession. That's the part to be ashamed of. Poor you.
Lamer

Piqua, OH

#24 Sep 11, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, as long as the benefits are canceled when they are dicharged I'm game.
Federal benefits arent canceled when they become state militia. They still have them. Now whether or not TX or any other states choose to not honor that is on them. That and the court cases that will inevitably follow. As all the other cases like this, it is a losing battle for the states. But if you wanna pay to defend these lawsuits, go right ahead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ginsburg: Watch 6th Circuit on gay marriage 23 min Cordwainer Trout 6
We Need More Gay Sex on TV 31 min Fa-Foxy 77
Single Women Raise Gay Sons: Pat Robertson short 33 min Fa-Foxy 37
Chattanooga voters repeal civil rights for LGBT... 47 min NorCal Native 75
John Barrowman Proud Of Gay Kiss At Commonwealt... 54 min cpeter1313 22
Community concerns over ice use among gay men i... 1 hr Professor Jumper 17
Web filter lifts block on gay sitesWeb filter l... 1 hr Professor Jumper 15
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 2 hr Shirvell s Shrivel 609
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 hr Cali Girl 2014 55,889
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 3 hr WasteWater 385