Calgary mayor says Canadian Pacific apologizes for broken bridge, derailed cars

Jun 28, 2013 Full story: MacLeans

Crews have been successful in removing all of the oil products off six tanker cars that teetered on a broken rail bridge over the swollen Bow River.

Read more
Concerned railroader

Oak Creek, WI

#1 Jul 1, 2013
CP apologized, but did not give you the whole truth. The new CEO has cut so many jobs that things have become unsafe. They cut so many Carmen, that now there are hundreds if not thousands of cars not being inspected properly before they leave a train yard. The FRA has fined them hundreds of thousands of dollars for this. A lot of trains derailing can very easily be caused by something missed in a pre departure inspection. He makes the Carmen inspect at 1 minute per car. That's 30 seconds a side. Impossible to find anything wrong at that mind of pace, even fully staffed. So, YES CP is responsible for a lot of the derailments and unsafe practices going on right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Save Mother Earth. 43 Ways To Reforest The Planet Sun Crusher 1
News Benjamin Marrison: Dam report creates flood of ... Mar 23 Biggie BC 3
News The Way We Were: Ice jam in the Glen Mar 23 who new CVC rep 7
News Houston weathers storm with only minor damage (Sep '14) Mar 23 fart sniffer 3
News Significant rainfall forecast for region Mar 17 Math 5
News Either development or a sand mine will ruin sou... Mar 13 FedUp 2
News Steady, lingering rains raise flood risks Mar 11 Corruption 1
More from around the web